downgraded US bond s

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Re: downgraded US bond s

Post by PBR Allstar »

I can only imagine China and japan are sh**ing them selves right now as the major foreign owners of U.S. Treasury securities? China especially, seeing as they are making the money on both ends, we sell them securities and fund a huge part of their GDP (outsourcing our manufacturing is a topic I will not go into but could type 'til my fingers bleed).

I will say this, at times, I'm very ashamed to be an American, as well as ashamed of many of my fellow Americans. Great societies/countries ultimately are great because of the citizens, we have turned into a nation of people that think "supporting a cause" is being the millionth follower for cause "such and such" on their facebook page. The only thing I can think of in the last decade that actually inspired me is the fight for workers to keep their right to unionize in Wisconsin, other than that I can't help but think that for the most part, American's are too lazy to actually educate themselves on what's going on in their country, and certainly too lazy to do anything about it (the education I speak of is not watching the nightly news, but actually understanding how our country works, and why things are the way they are). I feel like I'm starting to get rolling, so I'll stop my rant here!

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

i always thought this was a GREAT commercial. america needs to wake up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

It is a bit subversive, but this: http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1103PSIEOAVD/6PSIM502/PR is a pretty good rough draft of what is going on. Yes it is really an advertisement, but a lot of really good facts explained and spelled out. It is long winded, but give it a listen.
I do think we are in for a rough ride ahead. Being that I'm self-employed is even more worrysome.

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

askbob wrote:It is a bit subversive, but this: http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1103PSIEOAVD/6PSIM502/PR is a pretty good rough draft of what is going on. Yes it is really an advertisement, but a lot of really good facts explained and spelled out. It is long winded, but give it a listen.
I do think we are in for a rough ride ahead. Being that I'm self-employed is even more worrysome.
oh my GOD, this video is SOOO long but very informative... but sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long this guy just keeps throwing out example after example. good listen so far, 60+ minutes so far lol.

I Love how he keeps saying "i will show you how to protect your money in a moment", and then its 18 minutes of examples, then he says it again. and gives another 12 minutes, of examples, then says it again. im waiting for a scary ghost figure to scream at some point lol so i fall off my chair

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Guess we will see come tomorrow morning

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

CNN has some updates now since the asians markets are opening right now.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

mikedealer wrote:
askbob wrote:It is a bit subversive, but this: http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1103PSIEOAVD/6PSIM502/PR is a pretty good rough draft of what is going on. Yes it is really an advertisement, but a lot of really good facts explained and spelled out. It is long winded, but give it a listen.
oh my GOD, this video is SOOO long but very informative... but sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long this guy just keeps throwing out example after example. good listen so far, 60+ minutes so far lol.

I Love how he keeps saying "i will show you how to protect your money in a moment", and then its 18 minutes of examples, then he says it again. and gives another 12 minutes, of examples, then says it again. im waiting for a scary ghost figure to scream at some point lol so i fall off my chair

Yeah, like I said it ends up being an advertisement for literature he has for sale that further explains his theories and strategies. Good info though. History shows that no one ever thought that Rome would fall either... I personally don't think we'll be in as bad of times as the great depression due to our standard of living is far advanced from that era, but I do think the overall quality of life could be very hampered. I'm glad though to be well armed!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Rome has never fallen! GB was a branch of Rome, the USA is a branch of GB!

As far as everything else goes...... Get your guns boys! :|

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

]
askbob wrote:I'm glad though to be well armed!
slotcarrod wrote:As far as everything else goes...... Get your guns boys! :|
It's quotes like these that make me happy to be living in Germany where I don't have to worry about my neighbours having guns, let alone worrying about how many they have.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

^^ I'm glad for you too... :roll: :|

shane
Approved Member

Post by shane »

adam lancia wrote:]
It's quotes like these that make me happy to be living in Germany where I don't have to worry about my neighbours having guns, let alone worrying about how many they have.
Didn't Hitler say something like that also?

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Who exactly are you planning to shoot, your neighbor? Are you going to hold up your neighbor for a can of soup? Or shoot him when he knocks on your door to see if you have some for him? When the stuff really hits the fan, you're gonna need all the friends you can find. What is a gun going to do for you? I'm really curious about this mentality.

I hope you're talking about hunting animals. If you really think things are gonna get that rough, I'd recommend investing in a good fishing reel and bait over ammunition. People weren't shooting each other in the great depression. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was a good movie, but it was fiction.

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

MelvinsArmy wrote:Who exactly are you planning to shoot, your neighbor? Are you going to hold up your neighbor for a can of soup? Or shoot him when he knocks on your door to see if you have some for him? When the stuff really hits the fan, you're gonna need all the friends you can find. What is a gun going to do for you? I'm really curious about this mentality.

I hope you're talking about hunting animals. If you really think things are gonna get that rough, I'd recommend investing in a good fishing reel and bait over ammunition. People weren't shooting each other in the great depression. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was a good movie, but it was fiction.
+1

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

MelvinsArmy wrote:Who exactly are you planning to shoot, your neighbor? Are you going to hold up your neighbor for a can of soup? Or shoot him when he knocks on your door to see if you have some for him? When the stuff really hits the fan, you're gonna need all the friends you can find. What is a gun going to do for you? I'm really curious about this mentality.

Not to speak for Rod but, Canada is a fairly disarmed country anyway- and I feel confident that he was referring to killing and eating the neighbors dog and not their daughter.

Most people (if it actually hit the fan) wouldn't know how to do anything for survival in a real world situation either in an urban environment ( scary ) or country environment
From hunting, wild edibles, fishing, shelter etc-

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

shane wrote:
adam lancia wrote:]
Didn't Hitler say something like that also?
Not sure shane, I've never read anything of his. What I was trying to say was, if what those 2 guys meant by having guns at the ready was just in case they had to go vigilante then I'm glad they're in North America and not in Germany. Germany has super strict gun laws and no one except police and the like are allowed to own hand guns. I'm glad I don't need to worry about who has a gun, period, end of story.