Schumacher 1/12th cars

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

V12
Approved Member

Schumacher 1/12th cars

Post by V12 »

Schumacher XL and C-Car were some of the 1/12th cars I did run in the past. The XL Lexan-Car was my favourite car before the carpet tracks appeared. The C-Car with stickpack chassis was the last 1/12th car I did run before I retired this class. The SPC appeared afterwards.
Of course I made the same mistake as with all of my other old cars and sold them but I still have some very few Schumacher parts laying here as the quickchange tiresleeves for the rearaxle and some C-Car parts. Maybe they will find a place on a XL or C-Car here again.

Is there someone at the forum who also did race the Schumacher 1/12th cars in the past or maybe even has one in his collection?

camlchris
Approved Member

Re: Schumacher 1/12th cars

Post by camlchris »

HI: I am interested in your C-car parts , maybe we can exchange some Delta IFS parts with yours. :)

prp
Approved Member

Post by prp »

Hi, my C Car , with Parma light wheel, not yet finished:

jeroen206
Approved Member

Post by jeroen206 »

camlchris
Approved Member

Post by camlchris »

Anyone interested to exchange the Schumacher with my DELTA Super Spyder ?

Jirka
Approved Member

Post by Jirka »

I have build one C-Car (with stick battery pack, before SP chassis came out) for my local club, so that biginers can run/test it, before they buy their own car. We used to call C-Car an O-Car because of many O-rings that the C-Car have.

Finnish 1:12 European champion from 1986 Mika Leppähahti did drive for Schumacher after his AE-period in late 80 and/or early 90. Also Jyrgen Lautehbach did drive C-Car succesfully.

Jirka

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

they are a very hard to find car! i used to have a stick pack version with a graphite chassis and the original box! wish i had kept it. here is my current example :)

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Nice picture. That´s exactly the version I was racing before I retired from 1/12th.
But what wonders me is your comment on a graphite chassis. I never have seen or heard from a graphite chassis for any Schumacher 1/12th car.

What is that ESC on the C-Car?

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

thanks :) i think the chassis was a d&d graphite, i have a picture somewhere just have to find it. i really dig the old relay esc's and thought i'd through one on this 8)

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

What brand is this ESC?

camlchris
Approved Member

Post by camlchris »

V12 wrote:What brand is this ESC?
It is a KO ESC !

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

yes v12 the esc is a ko propo rm-7 limited 2, i also have a new in box example :D any more c-car's out there??

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Actually wanted posting this later when I have better pictures but this was the first Schumacher car ever.
Also a 1/12th car but earlier than the C-Car. Schumacher XL ........ and mine. :D
Attachments
Schumacher XL_s.jpg

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

V12 wrote:Actually wanted posting this later when I have better pictures but this was the first Schumacher car ever.
Also a 1/12th car but earlier than the C-Car. Schumacher XL ........ and mine. :D

wow!!! that is stunning, where did you find it? how does the black rear section work never seen anything like it 8) 8) 8)

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

That is one of the ultrarare cars. The later C-Car is very difficult to find but the XL is even more. Found it by chance at a forum. The XL was my third car back in the days.
Cars like this were run at around 1981-1982 and built for very slippery tracks like wooden floor indoors before the carpet tracks were introduced. Cars like this were run in the UK, Germany and Austria for other countries I don´t know exactly but I think also Northern European countries like Sweden.

This car and some others were built from 2mm Lexan folded to a U-shape chassis with some cutouts for even more flex.
The rear suspension consists of a tube (called torque tube) where the rear axle goes trough and a connected motormount.
This tube rides in a hole each side of the chassis and could move inside this holes. At the center of the tube is a lever what is connected with the center of the chassis and pushing against a spring. This means the motortorque is pushing the same amount of torque to both rearwheels what is very important on lowgrip tracks.
After cleaning there will be better pictures where you could see the interesting details.