ID Help RC10T Nitro Conversion

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

empiguy63

Re: ID Help RC10T Nitro Conversion

Post by empiguy63 »

I have to many projects to complete if someone wants this conversion kit let me know. I also have an rc10t that i was going to convert if anyone is interested.

dell
Approved Member

Post by dell »

is this kit nib? if not, what is it's condition? also do you have any pix?
Reuben

dell
Approved Member

Post by dell »

here are a few pix of the complete chassis. enjoy!!!!
Attachments
engine is an O.S. CZ-R with a duratrax heatsink head.
engine is an O.S. CZ-R with a duratrax heatsink head.
a-main/rc10t conversion.
a-main/rc10t conversion.
DSC00841.JPG
dual deck (u-chassis) rc10gt/amain conversion
dual deck (u-chassis) rc10gt/amain conversion
losi hydra-drive. not sure if this was stock for this truck or aftermarket.
losi hydra-drive. not sure if this was stock for this truck or aftermarket.
DSC00836.JPG
a-main/lx-t conversion
a-main/lx-t conversion

empiguy63

Post by empiguy63 »

To the best of my knowledge it's all here.
Attachments
rc10t conversion kit
rc10t conversion kit

empiguy63

Post by empiguy63 »

I dont have a scanner so i hope these pics of the instructions are good enough.
Attachments
027g.jpg
026b.jpg
025.jpg
024b.jpg
023.jpg
022.jpg
021.jpg

dell
Approved Member

Post by dell »

empiguy60, ygpm.

Chris K
Approved Member

Post by Chris K »

As I had mentioned, I have quite a history with this truck - dating back to it's original design and release.

So, I dug around a bit and found a few more pictures of the Associated original release. The truck shown here is the # 1 truck - it's the first one built from the final designs and the B/W pictures are actually Polaroids which Rich & Kunio had taken by a professional photographer. Enjoy!

The truck with the black wheels and with the body on I believe IS my original truck - I died all of the white plastic black so that the truck would clean up better..... little did I know!

Wherever you go; there you are!

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

I wish I could find that Kyosho CB-161 flip top tank cap for my NIB conversion. Nice pics! I do have the RC10T Losi wheels as shown on the box art...

Chris K
Approved Member

Post by Chris K »

templeofspeed wrote:I wish I could find that Kyosho CB-161 flip top tank cap for my NIB conversion. Nice pics! I do have the RC10T Losi wheels as shown on the box art...
I'll keep my eyes peeled for the tank; stuff like that is hella hard to find as you know.

Do you (or anyone) know off hand what body that is??? It's (stating obvious) Parma but I don't have a clue as to which one; same deal wtih the wheels.

As a side note, at the time this truck was brought out, there were no bodies available with shock 'bumps' in the rear; so they had to be cut. At one point, someone came up with the happy idea that shock towers needed to be covered so the guys running them had to make some 'bumps' while at a race before they would be allowed to run. As has always been the case; whenever something new and cutting edge was brought out there was someone standing around with a slower vehicle trying to legislate backward.
Wherever you go; there you are!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

looks like an andy's body to me.

the rims are pse vortex.

joecichlid

Post by joecichlid »

WOW!!! Talk about a step into the way back machine!
Kunio, I am pretty sure you won't remember who I am but I used to work at Shawnee RC Raceway back in the day, until it closed. I can't count the times I remember you and Rich bringing the gas trucks indoors for some fun. Even remember watching video that you took with a camera you mounted on one of the gas powered beasties of yours.
More than a few times I found myself out at the shop with Rich packaging parts up for some of the kits (and making runs to a well liked joint for steak and cheese sandwhiches). Even have a fond (well not so much) memory of pushing pins into the light weight aluminum dog bones. The first few frightened the crap out of me, was worried I would screw some up and have to buy them.
Back then I did a fair amount of painting for Shawnee RC Raceway and even painted a few out at Rich's shop if I remember correctly. I still have all my old air brushes and compressors, haven't plugged them in for years. Might have to dig out some old bodies and get to spraying for old times sake.
If I get a chance in the next week or two I will go through my old parts box and see if I still have any of those aluminum top shafts for the Stealth. I know I used to run them, might even have one for the Hydrodrive kit I am sure I still have. LOL Call me a hoarder but throwing out all that stuff I had so much time and money invested in is not something I could bring myself to do. lol
Dang it, now I am going to have to start digging and my guess is rebuilding some of my old cars and trucks. Now where did I put that custom milled motor plate you did for me that I ran in my truck? lol
What I wouldn't give to have one of Rich's 1/12th scale cars, those things were a blast and cooler than anything else on the market back then.

Joe W.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

joecichlid wrote:Back then I did a fair amount of painting for Shawnee RC Raceway
Welcome! :D Got any pics of those old paint jobs by chance? I love seeing true vintage paint! :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

joecichlid

Post by joecichlid »

Sadly I lost the photo album I kept back in the day but I still have some of the bodies. If I get some time in the next few days I will try and shoot some photos to post. The bodies have seen better days but you can still get an idea of some of the work I used to do. lol

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

joecichlid wrote:Sadly I lost the photo album I kept back in the day but I still have some of the bodies. If I get some time in the next few days I will try and shoot some photos to post. The bodies have seen better days but you can still get an idea of some of the work I used to do. lol
Sadly that is a common problem. Where were digital cameras when we needed them??! :(
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

joecichlid

Post by joecichlid »

I may still have the negitives around here somewhere I hope. The album was left at a hobby shop that closed pretty much overnight and I never had a chance to recover my album. :(

Joe W.