New to the rc10T world

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

fordrule

New to the rc10T world

Post by fordrule »

I am new here. Haven't had a r/c truck since I was a kid and it was a original Tamiya Stadium Blitzer. Got it when it was brand new. Always remember seeing everything with the rc10 platform but couldn't afford it. 30 yrs later and I finally get one. I actually was able to grab 2 off of ebay and grabbed the pics from the sale to my laptop. I am currently on rotation and they will be at my house before I get home. So I am doing research. .One of these will eventually be for my stepson xmas gift and something for him and I todo together. He has been wanting to come out and help me on the the car projects out in the garage. I am still on the fence on going brushed or brushless. None of the kits cane with batteries and no radios. pros and cons will help out and identifying will help also
truck 1
s-l1600 (22).jpg
s-l1600 (21).jpg
s-l1600 (20).jpg
s-l1600 (19).jpg
just here...trying to learn what I can and enjoy the hobby

fordrule

Re: New to the rc10T world

Post by fordrule »

truck 2
this one is a little more difficult. I saw it was missing the stealth transmission so I picked one up
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg
s-l1600 (9).jpg
s-l1600 (10).jpg

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Truck one looks to have started as an early 10T, based on the skinny front tires and thin shock towers. But anything could have been mixed and matched.

Truck two is based on an aftermarket chassis. They were building a mid-motor setup.

Both have some nice parts on them.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Truck #1 is most likely a mid- late 7001

fordrule

Post by fordrule »

juicedcoupe wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:26 pm Truck one looks to have started as an early 10T, based on the skinny front tires and thin shock towers. But anything could have been mixed and matched.

Truck two is based on an aftermarket chassis. They were building a mid-motor setup.

Both have some nice parts on them.
i ordered a stealth transmission that I will open up and inspect and re lube it..just need to find a how to and what to use. do I just mount that on there and add the motor?

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

fordrule wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:02 pm i ordered a stealth transmission that I will open up and inspect and re lube it..just need to find a how to and what to use. do I just mount that on there and add the motor?
Original manuals are still available that show how to assemble the transmission and what lubricants to use. A few parts are still available new but most will be ebay items.

Personally, I'd get another bulkhead and shock tower and set it up in the original format.

It looks like that truck also has wide offset conversion wheels on it, even though it has truck arms. Those were made pre-10T and used to widen a buggy, for converting into a truck. Left as is, it will be much wider than the other truck.

fordrule

Post by fordrule »

juicedcoupe wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:43 pm
fordrule wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:02 pm i ordered a stealth transmission that I will open up and inspect and re lube it..just need to find a how to and what to use. do I just mount that on there and add the motor?
Original manuals are still available that show how to assemble the transmission and what lubricants to use. A few parts are still available new but most will be ebay items.

Personally, I'd get another bulkhead and shock tower and set it up in the original format.

It looks like that truck also has wide offset conversion wheels on it, even though it has truck arms. Those were made pre-10T and used to widen a buggy, for converting into a truck. Left as is, it will be much wider than the other truck.
i just ordered another bulkhead and tower. it has the axles ziptied to the beat up tower..i'll have to wait to get home to get better pictures to post on here...thank you for the input.

side quest question... what FB groups to go on for this info didn't find another forum. I used to be big into forums for my older muscle cars but they have gone away and more on fb now. just curiosity

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Maybe some of the others can answer about Facebook groups. A few forums are as close as I get to social media, as I have no tolerance for the bs associated with Facebook and other formats.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

I was bidding against you on that truck 2.
I wasn't sure on much of it but it looks like an collection of some harder to find parts.
It looks to me like the rc10t composite craft chassis, RPM rear arms and technacraft turnbuckles.

There are a few threads on here about how to restore the graphite chassis.
That chassis may have also had an upper deck available.

That went for a reasonable price. It'll take a bunch of work to make the second one drive, but if you put in the time it will be a pretty nice and uncommon build.

I can't wait to see how that one comes out.
fordrule wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:09 pm truck 2
this one is a little more difficult. I saw it was missing the stealth transmission so I picked one up
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg
s-l1600 (9).jpg
s-l1600 (10).jpg

fordrule

Post by fordrule »

JosephS wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:48 pm I was bidding against you on that truck 2.
I wasn't sure on much of it but it looks like an collection of some harder to find parts.
It looks to me like the rc10t composite craft chassis, RPM rear arms and technacraft turnbuckles.

That went for a reasonable price. It'll take a bunch of work to make the second one drive, but if you put in the time it will be a pretty nice and uncommon build.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg
s-l1600 (9).jpg
s-l1600 (10).jpg
I am in romania for the time being so I am ahead in time. I won a rc10b3 also with the time zone to my advantage lol...just spoke to the seller and it was actually a B2 but got the B3 upgrade kit and he raced it..so some good toys on that I am going to post the pics on the buggy forum. I am excited when I finally get home to take a look at all of these. Going to take some pics and a video of the for the youtube channel that my car buddies have been telling me to finally make..we will see.

I'll be asking a lot of questions on all three of them, but super excited..I feel Like im 11 again. Cool part of building one of the trucks for my stepson for a Christmas Gift is I got a rc10T original box to put it in and wrap it up. And the icing is the fact he just turned 11 in september

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

fordrule wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:51 am
JosephS wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:48 pm I was bidding against you on that truck 2.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg
s-l1600 (9).jpg
s-l1600 (10).jpg
I am in romania for the time being so I am ahead in time. I won a rc10b3 also with the time zone to my advantage lol...just spoke to the seller and it was actually a B2 but got the B3 upgrade kit and he raced it..so some good toys on that I am going to post the pics on the buggy forum. I am excited when I finally get home to take a look at all of these. Going to take some pics and a video of the for the youtube channel that my car buddies have been telling me to finally make..we will see.

I'll be asking a lot of questions on all three of them, but super excited..I feel Like im 11 again. Cool part of building one of the trucks for my stepson for a Christmas Gift is I got a rc10T original box to put it in and wrap it up. And the icing is the fact he just turned 11 in september
Yeah it is pretty great to go back to a child hood hobby and share it with your child. That's going to be a great gift. Please ask us questions and we will help as best we can to get your gifts ready. This is a pretty great community that really knows how to make and get these things running better than new.

You won the auction because you bid more :)