Nichimo Spirit FF

The place for all things Nichimo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

caesar

Nichimo Spirit FF

Post by caesar »

Howdy All,

Just purchased a spirit ff from ebay, not sure on condition but it looked okay in the pics. Does anyone have any info or links on this car? I'm assuming the parts are hard to come by for this model as I have never heard of them. I will post some picks when I go pick it up.

Cheers

Rob

rhino1
Approved Member

Re: Nichimo Spirit FF

Post by rhino1 »

Let me know if you need any parts I have lots.
Those are my toys and no I will not share!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I have a pair of rear tires in excellent condition, stored in a Ziplock bag all these years. PM me if your car needs 'em.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

There's plenty of Nichimo parts spread out in the community... like rhino1, I also have quite a big bag of parts.

Work out what you need, and post it up here, and you should be right for most parts....

Actually, while we're on Nichimos.... if anyone can link to READABLE manual scans for all the Nichimo buggies (Exceed, Spirit, etc.), that would be great.... I have some quite dodgy scans of the manuals, sio bad you can't even read the part numbers on the back page!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

tomolupus
Approved Member

Post by tomolupus »

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Thanks for that.... unfortunately, those are about as good as the ones I already have.... specifically, the bottom of the very last page, where the part numbers and descriptions are..... not very clear at all. Of course, I am getting old.... :shock:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

caesar

Post by caesar »

Thanks guys,

I'm pretty sure I will need some parts for it, but won't know until I get it. A manual for it would be great as well, I checked the links tomolupus posted but there's nothing for the spirit ff.

caesar

Post by caesar »

Finally picked up the spirit ff, not as good as it looked in the pics. Needs a few things to get her up to scratch. Front rim has a piece missing, cracked rear chassis cover, front plastic bit that holds the ball end is cracked and front stabilizer mount on the gearbox housing cracked/missing. Tires look okay and the roll cage looks to be all intact with no cracks. all original radio gear all works.

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Hi Rob,
The Spirit FF box art looks amazing and it's a real shame it doesn't look as good in real life. Not that I'm bagging the car out but it's just one of those things. Still, it's quite a unique car with front wheel drive and might be an interesting car to drive. You should hit up Alex (Incredible_serious) with your want list. Alex is in Melbourne and has nip spares for this car.

Good luck with your build mate :)
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I got one of these too awhile back because I was fascinated with the front wheel drive system. This certainly is an oddball buggy! I was a little weirded out by the scale of the thing. :shock: It's bigger that most 1/10 buggies, more like 1/9 or so. And, to be frank, it's a homely beast. :lol: I had it just sitting in a box for quite a while then traded it to a member who is really into the odd stuff for things I could use.
Gary

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

There's a guy with a YouTube vid of a Spirit FF test-drive on a gravel surface and to be honest, it drives better in reverse than forward. In forward, it pretty much just spins the front wheels and spits gravel around. Probably works better on asphalt, but it doesn't seem to drive very well if the front tires don't hook up.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Coelacanth wrote:There's a guy with a YouTube vid of a Spirit FF test-drive on a gravel surface and to be honest, it drives better in reverse than forward. In forward, it pretty much just spins the front wheels and spits gravel around. Probably works better on asphalt, but it doesn't seem to drive very well if the front tires don't hook up.
what a finding :lol:

actually FF cars excel when it's super slippery... they might not be the fastest but they then become the easiest to drive, as driving a car with the front wheels spinning will not cause the car itself to swap ends ;)

I love the Nichimo range, they looked gorgeous, especially those with the rollcages!

Good luck with the resto job :)

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

rhino1
Approved Member

Post by rhino1 »

I have a Spirit they dont drive that well but they sure look good.
Those are my toys and no I will not share!

ut1998nc

Post by ut1998nc »

My dad mailed me down an old Nichimo Spirit that he had for me when I was a kid 30 years ago and I started putting it together this week with my son and the left upright axle was broke in the box, does anyonel have parts for it? It is part P-2. I attached a pdf of the part.

Thanks, Frank

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

ut1998nc wrote:My dad mailed me down an old Nichimo Spirit that he had for me when I was a kid 30 years ago and I started putting it together this week with my son and the left upright axle was broke in the box, does anyonel have parts for it? It is part P-2. I attached a pdf of the part.

Thanks, Frank
Welcome to the forum, Frank. Regarding your questions, there are a couple rules you need to know. First, though it's not really a rule, you can't attach a PDF file in a forum post. Only images (JPG format mainly).

"The Rules" section has some useful topics on submitting pictures and how to gain B/S/T access (buy/sell/trade). Typically, you should have B/S/T access before asking for parts.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewforum.php?f=54