My First RC10T, Painted Body!!!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

tecnica2001
Approved Member

My First RC10T, Painted Body!!!

Post by tecnica2001 »

Here's the RC10T that I won from ebay not a couple of days ago, I was very happy with the condition of the truck, I charged the battery pack that came in the truck, a 7c Sanyo NiCd 1300 mah, changed the crystal in the receiver, and it ran like a champ. The novak 410 ESC works awesome.

Everything on it is like new condition, the body is in great shape, with a terrible paint job, it's flaking off, Is there another way besided nitro fuel, to remove paint from lexan, let me know :D. The chassis only have three minor scratches, othen than that is like new, the tires and wheels were new, and everything else was new except for the front arm, which look more used than everything else.

I ordered a T2 body for it, I'll probably order some rpm blue arms and blue titanium turnbuckles to race at the nationals, here are the pics:

Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

Spiderman
Approved Member

Re: My First RC10T, Awesome Shape!!!!

Post by Spiderman »

nice runner........must run good,looks like you spanked them rear tires if they were new :lol:

how much u pay if u dont mind saying.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Spiderman wrote:nice runner........must run good,looks like you spanked them rear tires if they were new :lol:

how much u pay if u dont mind saying.
Only ran two packs since I got the truck today :D and it runs awesome, well, for an old lady :lol: I paid $91 + shipping. The tires still look good, I'm a firm believer in not having anything NIB :wink:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

thats a sweet 10t.

you could always try some simple green or even soap and water and windex on that body. since the paint is flaking so bad its obviously not stuck on too well.

i came across these while searching around ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150234594645&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

sketchy shipping though. :|

also, i'm not as much of a purist as others but you should maybe consider getting some rpm arms and putting those early 10t arms aside.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

I was thinking the same thing, RC10t RPM arms are on ebay like crazy, since they fit the T2 and GT, and I will put the Originals in a safe place, since they're in such awesome condition.

Hey badhoopty, are those bodies in that link RC10T bodies?? If they are, I'm getting a few... :D

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

they look like they might be 10t2 bodies but i'm far from the expert. regardless, they look like they will fit a 10t.

i'd send him a message asking if he ships to where you live before you buy. in his item desc it says worldwide, but down below in the shipping details it gets kinda grey... i'm being ignorant and assuming you live here in the u.s. though.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Yup thanks for the heads up, I sent them a message for a shipping quote for two bodies to the U.S. Let's see what happens, I always like two keep one new body for display, and one to paint and have fun with. :D

Bugle
Approved Member

Post by Bugle »

Should slap some protective film on the bottom of that chassis too it looks pretty good!

T2 body sortof fits ok, the centre of the body hits the rear shock tower so the body doesn't sit quite low enough but it's not that noticable, could probably be fixed with a heat gun and pushing that bit up a little..

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Bugle wrote:Should slap some protective film on the bottom of that chassis too it looks pretty good!

T2 body sortof fits ok, the centre of the body hits the rear shock tower so the body doesn't sit quite low enough but it's not that noticable, could probably be fixed with a heat gun and pushing that bit up a little..
I fitted the T2 body on my 10T and it went on without a hitch, and it siits nice and low, I'll post pictures to show you soon, all I had to move was the body mounts a bit towards the center and voila, t2 body on a 10t. :D

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

badhoopty wrote:they look like they might be 10t2 bodies but i'm far from the expert. regardless, they look like they will fit a 10t.

i'd send him a message asking if he ships to where you live before you buy. in his item desc it says worldwide, but down below in the shipping details it gets kinda grey... i'm being ignorant and assuming you live here in the u.s. though.
'

He sent me a shipping quote of $30 shipped to the U.S. for two bodies, not too bad.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Re: My First RC10T, (Updated)

Post by tecnica2001 »

Pics of the 10T with 10T2 body, as you can see it fits like a charm :wink: I'm quickly becoming a fan of this Truck, I took it out today for another bashing session, and it too everything I threw at it like a champ. :D I'll probably be getting a set of RPM adjustable body mounts to make it look a bit nicer. Then onto deciding on a paint scheme.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Re: My First RC10T, Painted Body!!!

Post by tecnica2001 »

Slapped some paint and decals on the body, I have some parts coming from ebay, this one is coming along really nicely.

Pics:

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Another Little update:

Decals and Stickers up the wazoo
RPM Suspension Arms, Body Mounts, Mini Bumper
Added the Novak GTB with the 17.5 motor
New Wheels and tires

I cut the front part of the battery cup so that I can fit modern batteries, It worked out great.

JetTech101
Approved Member

Post by JetTech101 »

Wow that is a sharp looking T , I always look at the T's sold on ebay and wonder if they are mine I sold years ago, like a fool, great work she looks awesome.
Kyosho Ultima's & Turbo Optima's, Team Ass. RC10's, Jammin CRT , RC10TC3, Tamiya F-150, OFNA 9.5

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

Looks great, and a footnote, he doesn't seem to have any truck bodies left, but I ordered a touring shell from racers paradise just before this post it's here boxed new and an awesome deal.
4 days to UK :D
update he relisted 9 left, wnat one grabbing to see?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXAN-KAROSSERIE-STADIUM-TRUCK-1-10-NEU_W0QQitemZ150277698810QQihZ005QQcategoryZ31124QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262