The Big Lot

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

markbt73
Approved Member

The Big Lot

Post by markbt73 »

Yesterday, thanks to Craigslist, a credit card, and an understanding wife, I went from having one RC10... to having five. And enough parts to build at least one more, if I had another tub.

There it all is... three buggies, a 10T, and several boxes of wheels, bearings, suspension arms, bodies, gearbox parts, shocks, servos, and other stuff I haven't even identified yet. There are two brand new Protech bodies and one Viper (out of the bag so it got scratched up, but unpainted). One of those white tubs is filled with nothing but new-in-package parts. And another has about ten motors in it, including a couple Associated stockers, a DS Spec motor, and a couple Trinity Midnights and Speed Gems. Again, some brand new. Nothing pre-1990, as far as I can tell; no short arms or 6-gear transmissions to be found. But some really cool stuff nonetheless.

The 10T is is really nice shape, partly disassembled, with bushings and completely bald rear tires. (Someone had some fun.)

Two gold tubs, both late CE's with black suspension arms. The one that's complete has never even been run. The bottom of the tub is pristine.

And that black tub buggy? I assumed it was a Team car based on the photos on CL, but it has these slots milled in the chassis... Yep, Worlds. (The 3-piece yellow fronts are in one of the boxes.) This one's ready to run, but I'll probably take the electronics out and run one of the "lesser" ones, for now.

Total cost for all this bounty? $379. The price of a brand new Slash VXL. Guy just didn't want to mess with all this anymore; he just wanted something to drive. To me, it seems like trading four vintage Camaros for a new Hyundai, but we both left happy, so what the heck.

This is all going in storage for a while, as we're about to put our house up for sale. But when I dig it out, I'll probably have some questions for the experts here. Please be kind if I ask about some bauble that I can't identify. In the meantime, I'm thinking I'll keep the 10T out to tinker with, so I'll start a thread for that in the truck forum later.

...so how'd I do?

GoMachV

Re: The Big Lot

Post by GoMachV »

I saw that ad, it was there a while. Had he said what he actually had I bet he would have found a taker a lot sooner. Nice score, good stuff there!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

newob

Post by newob »

Damn, nice haul. I saw this post too and tried working out a deal with the guy. You're only keeping the truck?

Harrylarry
Approved Member

Post by Harrylarry »

I"m in the garage cursing. all the ads in my area are always garbage or they never respond. If it is a worlds car witha all the proper parts you could make yor money on that just about. If you have a spare stealth trans and motor mount i might know of a good home for them.

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

Oh no, I'm keeping all of it. For now anyway. It's just going into storage until we get moved, sometime this fall/winter. I'll sort through it all (and maybe sell some stuff) then. I'm just keeping the truck out of storage to tinker with as a sort of mini-project.

And yeah, he didn't do a great job of describing what he had. I'm not sure he knew the differences between the buggies. I know I didn't know a Team car from a Worlds, before I joined this site. The only thing I can't find (though it might be hiding somewhere) is the battery strap.

HDMM

Post by HDMM »

Nice Find! :mrgreen:

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I wanna see inside the boxes! :mrgreen:
Gary

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

It's not terribly photogenic in there... mostly ziploc bags full of grubby used parts, or used tires. Potentially useful, but not pretty. I'll snap a pic or two when I have a chance, however.