REAL RACING TUBE CHASSIS

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

REAL RACING TUBE CHASSIS

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

This Real Racing chassis was part of a trade deal as a parts car.The pic only showed the top half of it behind what i think is a late Edinger car RTR minus the transmitter. :( So i jumped on it and received it today,boy is this thing in sad shape ! Looks like it was hit by a truck or jumped off a two story house a few times,definitely gonna take some time to untweak the chassis.What i need is some side view pics and top views and straight down the bottom pics to get it correct again.Some wheelbase dimensions too.Ive wanted one forever and i end up with this but for what i traded i cant complain lmao :lol: :D 8) Im still raggn on my buddy to start helping me make some rail frames of my own design since hes out of work for 5 months now,figured he could use the cash and hes a great welder too,hes also my car mechanic on my real cars.
On another note i see why REAL Racing went out of business the way its welded together,there are only outside tack welds holding it together.Any crash would break those tack welds in a second flat,they should of atleast welded each joint 3 times atleast.I still cant believe i found one even in this sad of shape!!!!! And in my own state,on Craigslist. Theres a guy on there with yokomos,losi,rc10s and bunch tamiyas selling it all now. Thats in NORTH CAROLINA for you guys that dont know me. Few bruisers /mountaineers too on there.
But any help in pics would be great if have some bare frame shots hard to tell by assembled pics.I really want to get started on it.I got the bug again and always when im broke.DON :lol: 8)

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: REAL RACING TUBE CHASSIS

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

I wonder how many of these were actually produced.Mine has 0038 stamped on the bottom of the rear plate,i guess to say it was the 38th one made?The more i untweak the chassis the more i find tweaked else where on it lmao or im just to dang tired to see straight lmao.DON

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: REAL RACING TUBE CHASSIS

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Guess i might be better off replacing alot of the tubes on this one for strength purposes i guess,and definitely reweld every G@#D@# joint on it. May as well add my own flair to this one lmao DON

Every where i make it straight the tube is getting stress cracks in it.Its a hell of alot straighter now than it was but poping welds dangit every time hit on it.Still cant find any infomation on these cept for whats been posted here.DON