basic electronics

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Clayton

basic electronics

Post by Clayton »

Hello, I am new to this site and RC's. Is the a site or link available that I can learn how basic RC electronics work.

Thanks,

Clayton

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: basic electronics

Post by Coelacanth »

That's kind of like asking "How does weather work?" :)

Your question is a bit vague and all-encompassing. What exactly do you want to know?

Battery connects to ESC, ESC connects to motor. ESC and steering servo have leads going to the radio receiver. That's as basic as it gets. :mrgreen:

EDIT: This link might be helpful.

http://rcvehicles.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=rcvehicles&cdn=hobbies&tm=22&gps=250_595_1268_816&f=00&tt=14&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.greathobbies.com/beginners/index.php
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

I'm guessing you have an issue with the stock tamiya speed control in the blackfoot?
-Kevin

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I am sorry I should have provided more information. My background to RC's is simple I have never owned a RC until recently and know natta about them. I purchased a RC10 gold (sprint car) used for my 10 YO son to get him involved in something he can play and wrench on. The car is up and running and he loves it. I have found many parts lists etc for the RC10. I just know nothing about radios, receivers, servos, etc. I intend on turning him on to this site and help him out with repairs etc.

PS I just purchased another RC10 off ebay for my daughter, 12 YO she wants to race too!!

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

The radio control frequency would be the only main issue I can think of. The cars/controllers have to be on different frequency channels for them to work independantly from one another. You can look at either transmitter or reciever and see what frequency #'s they are. For example, 75mhz ch. 60. If the cars are the same you want to buy a different set of frequency crystals. The crystal on the cars receiver is gray and should have a label/tag attached to it denoting the radio frequency information.
-Kevin