YOKOMO RESTORE HELP

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MIKE VALENTINE
Approved Member

YOKOMO RESTORE HELP

Post by MIKE VALENTINE »

I beleieve it's a Yokomo 91 Works but not sure, I'll post pictures tonight. When I bought the car I couldn't tell the Motor plate was broken (I found one on E-Bay), I also need front A-Arms, Front and rear belts, and also the front steering blocks were different (I'm not even sure which one is correct for the car). So i need those items also. I can't seem to find an instruction manual and didn't have luck finding one one this forum either, does anyone have a copy of on or know were to view one. Since I don't have access to the Trade portion of this site yet can i get help thru my E-mail finding these items above after i post pictures to Positively ID the car. [email protected] Thanks in advance

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Re: YOKOMO RESTORE HELP

Post by Toasted Coastie »

you should be able to find most of what you need on eBay. Try following searches there:

vintage yokomo
yokomo yz10 yz-10
yokomo works

MIKE VALENTINE
Approved Member

Post by MIKE VALENTINE »

I have tried E-bay for almost three weeks now for the items I need with no luck. But thanks for the help.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

it's called patience. i've been looking on ebay for certain parts for the last 4-5 years with no luck.

and please read over the forum rules (mainly #6 in this instance). thanks.

MIKE VALENTINE
Approved Member

Post by MIKE VALENTINE »

Thanks scr8p for the friendly advice. I'm not looking for a shelf queen, I would like to race this thing, and so waiting 4-5 years for parts isn't going to work. I did read the forums rules that's why I posted my personal E-Mail so whoever wanted to help me find parts could. If that broke rule 6 then an admin will probably delete the thread which I hope they won't since it is my first post on the site looking for help, from what looked like a great bunch of guys. I have been reading for years but never bought any vintage cars until about 6 weeks ago. I'm very frustrated trying to get the Yok in running shape, since it is much worse then it looked in the pictures. I also didn't want to post 25 mindless posts just so I could gain access to the buy/trade section of this website.

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

MIKE VALENTINE wrote:Thanks scr8p for the friendly advice. I'm not looking for a shelf queen, I would like to race this thing, and so waiting 4-5 years for parts isn't going to work. I did read the forums rules that's why I posted my personal E-Mail so whoever wanted to help me find parts could. If that broke rule 6 then an admin will probably delete the thread which I hope they won't since it is my first post on the site looking for help, from what looked like a great bunch of guys. I have been reading for years but never bought any vintage cars until about 6 weeks ago. I'm very frustrated trying to get the Yok in running shape, since it is much worse then it looked in the pictures. I also didn't want to post 25 mindless posts just so I could gain access to the buy/trade section of this website.
Mike,

I feel your pain. I just did a Yok 870c and it was pretty frustrating. Do you have a manual you can go by? Mostly for part numbers. Sometimes if you search eBay by the first two letters of the part number (for instance, works arms are ZD prefix), you might get a better hit.

I see you've already tried that and asked questions on an auction for arms. Your next step could be hitting a custom shop. I had all aluminum arms and shock towers made for me by New Era Models. It was pricey, but worth it to me....

MIKE VALENTINE
Approved Member

Post by MIKE VALENTINE »

The kit came with Aluminum front A-arms, but from running Yok's in the early 90's I know the front bulkheads are weak and would rather change A-Arms then magnesium Bulkheads. I might as well look into machining some Front A-arms. I'm able to make Shock towers and chassis but my mill and ability wont let me do A-arms and things like that.

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

I would keep the aluminum arms. If you are afraid of the magnesium breaking (and it will, it did for me), keep your eye out for the RPM replacement bulkheads for the front and back.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

throw some pics up of the car and the broken parts....some substitutes may be possible, though not probable. the motor mount is a tough one to replace and it sounds like you have it already. arms and bulkheads are more easily found, and you may be even able to have some made for a reasonable cost.

here is a link to a thread with a few manuals, if it's a 91, it's got to close to one of these 2 listed in this thread.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8103&hilit=yokomo+manual

BTW, post pics of the broken motor mount please. rather than toss it out, maybe it's repairable.

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

I actually saw a motormount on the bay the last couple weeks

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

Get your post count up. I will be posting a few bits and pieces including different types of bulkheads a works chassis and works suspension components for auction in the BST area in the next week or so. All proceeds to RC 10 Talk.

Mr B
:shock:

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

seasaw75 wrote:Get your post count up. I will be posting a few bits and pieces including different types of bulkheads a works chassis and works suspension components for auction in the BST area in the next week or so. All proceeds to RC 10 Talk.

Mr B
Very nice dude.

MIKE VALENTINE
Approved Member

Post by MIKE VALENTINE »

Thanks for the links to the Manuals, but i have seen those and don't list the A-arms or the Steering blocks I need.

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

MIKE VALENTINE wrote:Thanks for the links to the Manuals, but i have seen those and don't list the A-arms or the Steering blocks I need.
Meh, when you get home, post up the pictures. Get close ups of everything you are concerned with and post them. People are more than willing to help here if they can see what is up.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

MIKE VALENTINE wrote:I did read the forums rules that's why I posted my personal E-Mail so whoever wanted to help me find parts could. If that broke rule 6 then an admin will probably delete the thread which I hope they won't since it is my first post on the site looking for help, from what looked like a great bunch of guys.
look, i'm not gonna beat this into the ground. but......

there's a reason we frown on deals outside of the buy/sell/trade and don't want to see them. that would be to protect our members as best we can. even though you gave your e-mail, your still placing a "wanted ad" in the general forums and we don't want that. we have a "wanted forum", and when you meet the criteria to gain b/s/t access, you'll have access to it.