belt driven belt drive

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

treehugger
Approved Member

belt driven belt drive

Post by treehugger »

well got my com com lazer out tonight and after being heavy into TCs for about six months it was a great change so i decided to put together the last two zxr s i bought of the bay i finished my nib sport so it will be a dual resto ,going to need some front hubs and i have been wanting to put in an order to fiber lyte forever and i think the time has come to get some more shock towers

Paul
Attachments
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG

treehugger
Approved Member

Re: got my lazer out tonight

Post by treehugger »

well after sorting the two cars into piles i was pleasantly surprised to find all the parts were there i dug out a new ball diff for the front of one car some nearly new option house goldies for the other a couple of new belts new wing mounts and a hand full of Ti goodies the car in pieces is going to be box art the one half together is going to be one of those old new cars that will make its way down to the indoor track at Tacoma

Paul
Attachments
008.JPG
007.JPG
006.JPG

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

Damn those tubs are super sexy.....and red belt...like looking at nice as* i an thong .... :mrgreen:

mvh isobarik

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Yah, looking at isobarik in a thong doesn't come to mind under any circumstances. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is all very interesting!

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

a01butal wrote:Yah, looking at isobarik in a thong doesn't come to mind under any circumstances. :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes i dont want my thread anymore :shock: i will have to make another thread called i got my lazer out last night II

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

so i got them down to bare chassis and i see that the bat position on one is further forward than the other i think the European zx had the bats further forward than the American model but i might be wrong one is in good condition and will be restored to box art there is what looks like two part epoxy on it plus the usual servo gunk the other will be made into a nice runner

Paul
Attachments
005.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

I believe the one on the right is a ZXR chassis, as they had the batteries moved further aft compared to the original ZX. I could be wrong, but the one on the right looks to be a US spec ZXR as it is carbon fiber, and the european models came in fiber glass. -Jeff

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

yes i remember i bought one from Britain had a front end smash but was in very good condition apart from the epoxy glue on it i wonder why there was to different specs of chassis one is black no grain and the other is like a gold colour with grain ?

Paul

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

Not sure why they were different from the US to the Europe. The "black" one is the fiberglass version (it uses a black polyester resin matrix). The other is a C/F that uses a clear epoxy matrix. The "gold" color comes from the reflective qualities of the carbon fibers them selves, and possibly the yellowing of the epoxy over time. As far as the reason for the difference between the specs between US an Europe -Not sure. Either a marketing issue like "fiber glass won't sell in America" or it may well have been cheaper! The reason for this is that often the US has material embargoes on certain materials from overseas. Fiberglass, or polyester resin (because of import taxes) may have actually been more expensive to import to the US (at that time) than the C/F or epoxy resins. I had to deal with this as a product designer, when importing "Nylon" products from overseas. The material prices were cheap, but the import taxes were cost prohibative, so we had to source other more costly materials, that in the long run came out cheaper because of cheaper import taxes. -Jeff

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

The chassis with the batteries further back is a revision chassis to get more weight over the rear tires of the car. The upper deck is also slightly different from the first to the second version. I'll see if I can find the pics that show the differences and post 'em for you if you want.

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

BRO----the chassis is kinda boring black you need that new metal chassis and some color...... :lol: :lol: I was wondering if you had a chassis NOT GREEN :shock: :mrgreen:

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

Chassi with batterys more rearward are MKII chassi came with an longer upperdeck and an shorter hole motorplate instead of the 2 piece unit.

I also have an car with that black chassi il guess they are from composite craft or something like that since my car are an zxr and not an MKII they.

mvh Isobarik

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

that would make sense isobarik it didn't come with a belt it had a front ender and i had to replace the LA32 found one for 8 euros Ive seen them go for fifty bucks so im pleased , anyway i tried all the belts i have and none fit even the one from the gold CF chassis they couldn't stretch that much

i ordered one of these last night
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350326574841&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

so the build is dead until that arrives but the CF tower kit should be here from England this week it takes about 6 weeks to get here :roll: but worth the wait

cos i have my jaffa pro mid waiting in the wings

is this what your waiting for Soncho Ponza 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink:
Attachments
002.JPG
001.JPG

tulsa
Approved Member

Post by tulsa »

paul, sent you a pm.

scot............

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

DAM man u are the Crazzzzziest---powder coating dood i know do you work in a place or own equip to do all those ...