11 and a half years old MX-4

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

59burst
Approved Member

11 and a half years old MX-4

Post by 59burst »

I bought this at the first day yokomo released it. I remember that was April '98
only 30 to 40 boxes were came from the factory. and all those were already pre-ordered
this first batch's MX-4 had different F/R bulkhead than later one. and it still has the original bulkheads

the body is my 2nd one. the 1st one was torn in a month. the undertray is still the first one.
I put 2 front shock towers together. and I used MR-4 BC rear shock tower. still have both rear ones

this was sold to my friend 6 maybe 7 years ago. and I asked him getting this back at this June. and it came back to me at July
he still had reedy sonic 2 motor, sanwa (airtronics) ERZ-ZR servo, and LRP V6 those were installed in this MX-4
I put the 3rd rotor in this motor. this one was made for Reedy Ti series. and it works great. I put same one in my old reedy sonic

only the problem is.. he couldn't find the battery braces. me neither :D
Attachments
DSCF5579.JPG
DSCF5580.JPG
DSCF5581.JPG
DSCF5582.JPG

mikedealer
Approved Member

Re: 11 and a half years old MX-4

Post by mikedealer »

love the MX4, actually own a few myself, most are in parts..
here is mine
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2640

i bought it probably 8-9 years ago, from a sponsored driver, whose name i didnt recognize, i paid something like 200 for shipping because he said he would include a thousand dollars in extra parts, and he included WAY more than that. probably about 200 sets of race tires at the time too..

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

you have a masterpiece. the soft sliver spring and extra weights on the servo tell me the difference

phoenix
Approved Member

Post by phoenix »

Very nice ! Good to see MX-4's around here.... i have CF battery straps if you are interested.

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

I recently aquired an MX 4 and I must say it has grown on me alot. I scared of running it though at club level as the shock towers feel pretty fragile, well with my driving skills it could become an issue.
:shock:

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

59burst wrote:you have a masterpiece. the soft sliver spring and extra weights on the servo tell me the difference

thanks, i LOVED running this car, and to have all the spares just made it so much better

i actually had prototype parts that came with the car too, take a look at this article and pictures i posted, these parts i had came with the lot, along with a few others that i have to find.. the prototype chassis cracked on me but its really the same thing as production except for few extra holes

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8663&p=81857&hilit=prototype#p81857

so i have a real first generation one lol.

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

mikedealer wrote:
thanks, i LOVED running this car, and to have all the spares just made it so much better

i actually had prototype parts that came with the car too, take a look at this article and pictures i posted, these parts i had came with the lot, along with a few others that i have to find.. the prototype chassis cracked on me but its really the same thing as production except for few extra holes

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8663&p=81857&hilit=prototype#p81857

so i have a real first generation one lol.
stunning :!:
Yatabe arena and Yokomo made and sold 50 kits of prototype MX-4. I saw some of them on ebay and yahoo japan auction. someone took it for $500 on ebay and $800 on yahoo japan last year. I really hope I have one

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

phoenix wrote:Very nice ! Good to see MX-4's around here.... i have CF battery straps if you are interested.
Yes I do :mrgreen:
I'll send PM
thanks

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

seasaw75 wrote:I recently aquired an MX 4 and I must say it has grown on me alot. I scared of running it though at club level as the shock towers feel pretty fragile, well with my driving skills it could become an issue.
try 2 shock towers on front. and MR-4BC shock towers on rear. it works great

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

hell for those prices mine is going on yahoo japan asap lol. i even have a unpainted new prototype body and undertray specifically for the prototype

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

mikedealer wrote:hell for those prices mine is going on yahoo japan asap lol. i even have a unpainted new prototype body and undertray specifically for the prototype
cool 8)
MX-4 prototype is the most brilliant car in RC history to me.

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

59burst wrote:
seasaw75 wrote:I recently aquired an MX 4 and I must say it has grown on me alot. I scared of running it though at club level as the shock towers feel pretty fragile, well with my driving skills it could become an issue.

I have a MR-4BC rear tower so i will try that, if anyone has a spare front tower let me know.
:shock:

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

seasaw75 wrote:
59burst wrote:

I have a MR-4BC rear tower so i will try that, if anyone has a spare front tower let me know.
http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/cars/yokomo/fl_ymx4.html