An RCL Incident Pro?

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Re: An RCL Incident Pro?

Post by RETRO R/C »

Just realised I forgot to post the pics of the RPM Modified version I have here in Australia, as requested by a few of you in this thread. This is a one of a kind this car - it was the Sydney engineering companies "test mule" for their modifications - looks alot different to the standard car. Won alot of major competitions here back in the day, I have spent alot of time restoring it.

Dont get me wrong on my previous post's - I would be thrilled to know what those last two cars are from RC as listed on the RC-OFF site - I really do love the Incidents, there were such a different car to anything else at the time, but at the prices they are listed at - surely they couldnot have been the same car..perhaps a toy grade or a superf budget version using different components?

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Ayk Viper
Approved Member

Post by Ayk Viper »

'given that all you have done is qouted a website that has an incomplete set of informations itself that most people have seen'

- spare me....I think owning one of the cars in question is going a little further than 'qouting' (sic) a website.

I only used rc-off as a reference as I wouldn't believe everything I read in a forum. If you want to believe that there are only 2 to keep yourself correct and protect your pride, go ahead. You've been told. You know in your heart it's true.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Wow dude - re-read my posts...I actually ask you about the third Incident kit and the other 2 cheaper versions (in the two different threads you have posted on).............

For the record I actually own several incidents - including kits - even think I have one of the "limited" boxes, I even mention that in my posts....But then again, to many people think that just because they own something - that makes them an expert. You see it all the time on forums. :roll:

I am ALWAYS happy to be educated, thats what makes our hobby so brilliant. For the record - I do alot of research before I write an article and speak to as many people as possible. Happy to hear about what you know - thats why I asked the questions mate......would just be happy to know a few more facts - if you have them - that would be great. It help everyone understand the hobby better.

But if the above comment is the way you want to play it though - sweet....... I wont enter into a pi$$ing contest with anyone, specially on a forum......so many misinterpretations - things can be taken the wrong way..................

cheers

Darryn
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Hey, it's still just a toy car, no matter what it is here :wink:. I think what Retro is saying is that if
he is incorrect, then he would like to know what others there is. If you feel you are an expert-or just know something else, chime in! (As you have) BUT I will say if your just bustin' chops, it's very hard to tell from your keyboard tone, you kinda come off as a kid that won't share his sandbox.

karnivool
Approved Member

Post by karnivool »

im sorry to say and dont take offence, but both retro & ayk viper did come accross rather stern in the way there posts were written.
i could feel it!. sometimes there is just so much passion behind the words. i upset people now and again also :oops:

there are some moods around on the forums at the moment must be that time of the year :lol: we are all too cool ok? so back to smooth
rc car talk gents. :wink:

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

My reply was one based on the first two sentences of Mr Vipers post - inferring that I was not aware of or that I was ignorant to the other Icident kit:
Ayk Viper wrote:Sorry but I cannot let this misinformation about the Incident continue. The pictured Incident is without question a 'pro'. There was also a standard incident. I think these are the 2 incidents that Retro RC is aware of and went to print with, unaware of the further 3.
If I came across stern or any other way it is because I am aware of the other Incident kit (even though it appears it was never widely distributed) - but it appears that no one can definitavely attest to what the other two cheaper cars are. As I stated on more than one occasion in my posts - I am very pleased to be shown and to learn - that is how we all learn.......I just dont think it is productive to make someone an "ëxample" when they cant seem to elaborate any more than has been done before (I have discussed the issue of the two cheaper kits on a forum well before even Tamiyaclub - on Jims old site).

It is comments like the following that are pretty arrogant to anyone reading the forum:
Ayk Viper wrote:With that I now crown myself RCL Incident champion until someone steps forward with the mystery Incident Junkers 1 or 2.
Then to post the following AFTER I have said quite reasonably that I am more than happy for Viper to enlighten us about the other cars, theres a reply with this nice little line in it:
Ayk Viper wrote: If you want to believe that there are only 2 to keep yourself correct and protect your pride, go ahead. You've been told. You know in your heart it's true.
I HAVE NEVER, nor will I ever profess to know everything about our hobby. I am constantly learning thanks to this and other sites, I sure hope I am able to help others learn as well with my contributions. I am happy to be shown and eductated about different cars etc - but I DO NOT like being made out to be misinforming or ignorant to others. I am not to proud to learn, but I am proud enough not to have someone question me openly on a forum. I am happy to be corrected and educated - but do it with facts and some respect for everyone on the forums.

I hate feeling like I have to defend myself on forums, I do love and am very passionate about this hobby - perhaps I came across the wrong way. Again - I would ask that you re-read my posts, I dont think I was being too harsh, given the "tone" the subject was raised.

Now that that is posted, I really would love to re-affirm that I would very much love to know what those last two kits were from RCL.......The three Incidents are known - but those last two are not....anyone?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

ayk viper, what kind of chip is on your shoulder........ salt and vinegar, or sour cream and onion?

Ayk Viper
Approved Member

Post by Ayk Viper »

Dr Robotnik: ...Is there not an Incident Limited with a metal monocoque chassis then?...

Retro RC: ...This is definately the Pro version of the Incident. There were two versions of the car,...

Looks to me like a perfectly opportune time to mention that there did indeed exist a 'limited', but no, you state that there were 2: a pro and a base model.

The crown reference was designed to bait the rightful self annointed Incident king. hmmm. Have your crown back, and the matching emperor's clothes while you're at it. Didn't fit anyway...too inflated.

scr8p - chocolate

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Viper - seriously mate - you really are turning this into something it really doesnt need to be......we all want to learn after all..............

I have not said I was the "king" - nor implied it. I agree (as mentioned several times - it would appear that I have one partial "limited" kit, including box), that there was a third Incident - however it is not widely recognised outside of Japan (or it would appear that way anyway). VERY few people know about the car in comparison to other brands so I guess I left it out of the equation...silly me for leaving myself open to a sniper attack from an expert like you!! :lol:

That being said - yes it would have been a perfect time for me to mention the "Limited" - but I didn’t - guess that left me open to someone like you didn’t it ? :roll: .....congratulations, you caught me out in my conspiracy to trick the world into thinking I am the Incident King..........! ROTFL mate. I LIVE to have people like you try and shoot me down :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: While we are at it - are you inferring that the limited had a metal monocoque chassis.... :wink:

Can you at least let us know what differences are in the "Limited" kit that you have to the standard car?

Again - happy for you to clear up the "Misinformation" that I have forced onto everyone (even if it was by omission of a known fact by me). I would still love to know the differences between the three - I know the differences between the standard and the Pro - but am fascinated by the "Limited"- as mine appears to only have different plastics.........your input (no matter how abrasively pointed out) would be very much appreciated.

Having said all of this - I am not going to drag this thread down with nonsense - so I wont banter with you any more - but PLEASE post something relevant - tell us the differences between the kits - not something that we can already see for ourselves for the past 5 years or so on a website.......(R/C OFF), That’s going to be far more productive that crapping on like we have been!! LOL

Many thanks in advance

Darryn

Ayk Viper
Approved Member

Post by Ayk Viper »

From memory, what I saw, and with my bad translation of the limited box is a quite obscure sized Mad Rev motor. It is very short, probably the same amount shorter than a LeMans 480, than the 480 is shorter than a 360. I'll have access to it at end of the month and will take a picture. Mr Robotnik's translation of the box text would be sincerely appreciated too.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Mr. Robotnik has not been around for a long time. I'll see if I can get my wife to help us out.
'Junker' is that the name of the later models by RCL?
May I ask where you're from? It seems the only regoins RCL were distributed were Japan, Australia and maybe Hongkong (I'm just got the impression by where the respective members with knowledge on them are located)

Ayk Viper
Approved Member

Post by Ayk Viper »

P1060101.JPG
Here is the RCL Incident Limited. When I first received this kit NIB I thought the extra parts were bought by the original purchaser. Reading the sticker though, the Mad Rev motor appears part of the limited kit...

however, the Mad Rev motor curiously has a Japanese RRP of 2500 yen plus the back of the tag is branded 'Durt Formula 4wds Incident' (yes...'Durt'), not RCL generic, which is odd.

The motor itself has some nice Engrish written on it:

"MAD REV - This motor was designed for electric racing cars by the RCL. International and it was born to race. I'm sure it will act and race up to your expectations".

I only noticed the price seeing it today. I had thought that the motor was the only difference, however the 2500 yen isn't the 29900 ^ 38000 difference of the limited and standard.

It is only speculation, but I remembered that the kit I had bought came with a battery I had remembered as a generic looking 8.4v Eagle brand, so I found it and it was actually Phoenix brand...Phoenix Inc..a company I had read that RCL became/merged/morphed into after it's demise. The charger it came with was a pretty generic wall transformer 7.2-8.4 charger. Don't know if that was part of the limited or separate.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Yep - really curious for sure.

Surely this must have been a region specific offering from RCL? It would appear that the only differences between the standard kit and the one you have above would be the motor and possibly the battery? At least there were some distinct differences between the standard and the "pro" kit that were discernable and not just "throw in the box" items form the company or distributor. Another peice of the RCL International mystery to be sure - however I am very surprised at that battery - seems unusual that a manufacturer would put a "no name" product in their kit. So, "Technically", there were still only two versions of the Incident, the third is not another version of the car - it is one that mearly has extras added into the kit. That being said - you could say there were three "öptions"over the years if you wanted to buy an Incident - you just had to be in the correct region if you wanted to catch the limited like you have above! :) Nice score - and thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:

The Mad Rev motors were actually quite popular here in Aus, I used to use them and they gave pretty good performance. I will speak with the original importer here again soon to see if he can shed any light on the matter of the "limited" kit - however I am relatively confident that it did not make its way to our shores here in Aus.. Interesting stuff.

Now all we have to do is try and figure out what thise last two "junkers" were - now that is somethig VERY VER?Y interesting to be sure.

Cheers

Darryn

Ayk Viper
Approved Member

Post by Ayk Viper »

It is only my rank speculation but the limited may well have been RCL International's kneejerk reaction to the Turbo Optima being released 4 months after the original Incident. If that were the case it would be a very interesting part of RCL's brief history.

I think the Type A and B Ayk Vipers are distinct versions. You count the Vipers and even the box art paint jobs on the Salutes as being countably different versions. I agree with that. You also count the Turbo Optima Mid Special, distributed only in limited numbers within Japan, as a logically distinct Optima.

If possible, Mr Ed could you please ask for a translation of the box sticker as that may shed some light on the differences.

PS the Mad Rev motor is non-adjustable and bushed.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Yeah - its funny isnt it. The "Ä and B" vipers are hardly different kits (the only difference being a motor and bearings), yet we count them as two distinct versions.

Would be interesting to see exactly what they are saying with that decal on that box of yours.

Cheers

Darryn