AE Takes Another World Championship

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

hugger19
Approved Member

Re: AE Takes Another World Championship

Post by hugger19 »

just pre ordered mine :) here's a little info on the kit/different kits.
Team-Associated-RC10-B5M-Champions-Edition-details.jpg

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

I'm not even sure how good these guys would be in the dirt lol. I'm sure they would still haul @ss. It would be interesting to see the top 5 battle it out on a dirt track.

More importantly though, congrats to Spencer and AE!

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

i have been seeing Cav running outdoor offroad tracks. indoor and everywhere. I remember him starting out at SO Cal in 98 running Losi.

it was cool watching racers that normally run the new style dirt indoor tracks. and winning over people that normally run carpet tracks in their countries. you would think the people that run this style least would of been at a dis-advantage. but the powered through and won.

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

came sooo close to buying a factory lite kit. so glad i never did :D

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

LosiXXkid wrote:What ever happened to 'The team does it in the dirt'....? :(

Now it's more like, 'The team does it on pool table baize cloth along with a few strategically placed ramps'. :roll:

I may be the exception but that's just boring to watch.
I don’t see that it’s a big difference between indoor clay tracks and carpet one. :mrgreen:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

Hcp22 wrote:

Now it's more like, 'The team does it on pool table baize cloth along with a few strategically placed ramps'. :roll:

I don’t see that it’s a big difference between indoor clay tracks and carpet one. :mrgreen:
So what ever happened to loose dirt, berms, ruts and spiked tyres? Afterall, that is what off-road racing is all about, isn't it? :roll:
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

LosiXXkid wrote:
Hcp22 wrote:

So what ever happened to loose dirt, berms, ruts and spiked tyres? Afterall, that is what off-road racing is all about, isn't it? :roll:
That's what our local outdoor track is...oh and accommodates 1/8th scale too, which adds to the complexity. Come to think of it, no wonder why I break so many parts compared to everyone else.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I'll admit the track is much more boring than dirt, but it's still a pleasure to watch those guys' precision and concentration. They're all practically flawless. My focus is terrible and I may be able to rip off a couple of good laps, but every 3rd lap or so my brain will briefly drift off and think about how much fun it is to roast pumpkin seeds or something, and I pipe it or hit the wall. :? I wonder if they ever test them for Ritalin or anything? :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

hugger19 wrote:came sooo close to buying a factory lite kit. so glad i never did :D
was like 2 days away from buying one when the announcement came out. after the CE are gone they will onyl be offering the Factory light. the basic b5m kit is discontinued.

and did here as of yesterday there were 2-3 pallets of them in the warehouse. so hopefully real soon to stores.

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Hmmm, I may get a CE, the question is leave it boxed/wrapped or drive it like I stole it? :mrgreen:

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

mk-Zero wrote:Hmmm, I may get a CE, the question is leave it boxed/wrapped or drive it like I stole it? :mrgreen:
MIGHT AS WELL GET 2. 1 to run. 1 to sell in 30 years. I didn't get a number of how limited of a production. but more than the re-release rc10.

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

vintage AE wrote:I'm not even sure how good these guys would be in the dirt lol. I'm sure they would still haul @ss. It would be interesting to see the top 5 battle it out on a dirt track.

I have watched Spencer come up from a crazy little kid.... He is the real deal on dirt or carpet... Matter of fact, he had only dirt to practice on here in Phoenix.

He works hard... He probably practices more than anyone on this earth... Watched him the other night and he smoked the field by laps... Came off the track and said, its pushing in that corner over there... I said "Does it matter you killed them?" He said "It does to me." He wants perfection at all times and it does not matter who else is on the track with him, he wants to beat them and knows he can.

He is going to be fun to watch for a while!
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

BTW... I heard the CE B5M is going to be more limited than first thought... Anyone have any news on that?

All I know is I do have at least one with my name on it. :)

Will probably go to the local track and have Spencer sign it then throw the box on the shelf. :)
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
My feedback

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Orange wrote:
vintage AE wrote:I'm not even sure how good these guys would be in the dirt lol. I'm sure they would still haul @ss. It would be interesting to see the top 5 battle it out on a dirt track.

I have watched Spencer come up from a crazy little kid.... He is the real deal on dirt or carpet... Matter of fact, he had only dirt to practice on here in Phoenix.

He works hard... He probably practices more than anyone on this earth... Watched him the other night and he smoked the field by laps... Came off the track and said, its pushing in that corner over there... I said "Does it matter you killed them?" He said "It does to me." He wants perfection at all times and it does not matter who else is on the track with him, he wants to beat them and knows he can.

Wow, that's cool he's local to you, must be pretty awesome to watch him practice. Out of curiosity, does he do his own wrenching/tuning?

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

mk-Zero wrote:
Orange wrote:

Wow, that's cool he's local to you, must be pretty awesome to watch him practice. Out of curiosity, does he do his own wrenching/tuning?
Every single bit of it... The kid is essentially self taught. He has always wrenched on his own cars. I think I was the first and only one to ever build a car for him... That was his Re-re Worlds car. His dad is basically cheerleader only.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
My feedback