My SRT.

The place for all things Traxxas.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Emaxx2.0
Approved Member

Re: My SRT.

Post by Emaxx2.0 »

Personally. I do not want Traxxas to change the entry level models on both electric and Nitros. B/c the Nitro Rustler shares parts with the SRT and I would like to get parts for my SRT still lol.
Traxxas SRT and TCP. Keeping a dying breed alive.

Emaxx2.0
Approved Member

Post by Emaxx2.0 »

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

I did see both of them. Personally, I did not want to bid on them because I thought $50.00 was too much for a new in bag body. The other body I did not want because it was missing the wing. Anyways, that would be really cool if you would let Team Blue Groove Racing borrow one for their molds. I have been in touch with them recently and they would love to reproduce the SRT body, but they are still it search of an original mold. If you do this it would allow guys like myself, Harry, Daniel, Srtracer121 and other SRT fans to all have bodies. Do you think this is something you would consider doing?

Emaxx2.0
Approved Member

Post by Emaxx2.0 »

As for the price I say was extremely reasonable for a super rare NIB SRT body ($40 auction) where as the bodies sold today sell for $20-30. The other body that is missing a wing is at no lost to me b/c the Nitro Sport body I have uses the same wing as the SRT. Now, I am highly considering letting Team Blue Groove racing use the open SRT body and let them have the Nitro Sport wing. Hopefully they can use this body for reproduction. The NIB body is never going to be used and going to hang on my wall. Only thing missing is the original Decal sheet. Hunting one of those down.

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

That would be awesome if you would let TBG use the open body. You should contact them on ebay soon and let me know what they can do. Right now I am working on getting some reproduction decals made for the SRT. I will let you know when they are ready :)

Now that I think about it $40 is not to bad. I guess I think that is a lot becasue the SRT body is listed for $18.00 on the original SRT parts list.

I guess when stuff is rare the price goes up.

Were you able to check out my latest project?

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

3trxvintage wrote:
I did see both of them. Personally, I did not want to bid on them because I thought $50.00 was too much for a new in bag body. The other body I did not want because it was missing the wing. Anyways, that would be really cool if you would let Team Blue Groove Racing borrow one for their molds. I have been in touch with them recently and they would love to reproduce the SRT body, but they are still it search of an original mold. If you do this it would allow guys like myself, Harry, Daniel, Srtracer121 and other SRT fans to all have bodies. Do you think this is something you would consider doing?

I saw the auctions and really thought that the guy from TBG was gonna throw an insane bid at the last second (seen it happen before). Really surprised that there was only one bid on both. Congrats on the wins!

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

What about mrlexan does he reproduce tcp/srt bodies? I know he has a tcp but i am not sure if he reproduces the bodies

I do know that cobraken does reproduction tcp bodies.

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

That would be worth looking into. MrLexan looks to have much better quality bodies than TBG.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

3trxvintage wrote:What about mrlexan does he reproduce tcp/srt bodies? .
Don't believe so. Wish he would. I believe they are bodies I listed on his 'what would you like to see' thread.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

harry697 wrote:That would be worth looking into. MrLexan looks to have much better quality bodies than TBG.
The TBG nitro hawk body I have is not that bad. If it included window masks I think it would be a true winner. I posted lots of pictures of this body in my Blue Eagle-LS thread.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

harry697 wrote: MrLexan looks to have much better quality bodies than TBG.
Yes...yes he does. He is very meticulous about quality and durability was part of the quality issue that I think he addressed very well. I have had a hard time destroying a few of the bodies I have gotten from him :mrgreen:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

3trxvintage wrote:
harry697 wrote:That would be worth looking into. MrLexan looks to have much better quality bodies than TBG.
The TBG nitro hawk body I have is not that bad. If it included window masks I think it would be a true winner. I posted lots of pictures of this body in my Blue Eagle-LS thread.

Not saying TBG bodies are terrible. I'm satisfied with my TRX-1 body even though it won't fit right without my home made undertray. It's just that mrlexan's stuff looks more detailed and his customers seem to swear by them.

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

harry697 wrote:
3trxvintage wrote:

Not saying TBG bodies are terrible. I'm satisfied with my TRX-1 body even though it won't fit right without my home made undertray. It's just that mrlexan's stuff looks more detailed and his customers seem to swear by them.
I have heard the same thing. I have also seen pictures of his bodies painted and they look amazing. If you had an original body next to mrlexans, I think you would have a hard time distinguishing between the two.

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

3trxvintage wrote:
I have heard the same thing. I have also seen pictures of his bodies painted and they look amazing. If you had an original body next to mrlexans, I think you would have a hard time distinguishing between the two.

I heard that even TBG has a hard time distinguishing between a mrlexan and O.E.M. body. :roll: Oops, did I just say that? :lol:

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

klavy69 wrote:
3trxvintage wrote:What about mrlexan does he reproduce tcp/srt bodies? .
Don't believe so. Wish he would. I believe they are bodies I listed on his 'what would you like to see' thread.

Todd

I did just check and confirmed that cobraken does reproduce TCP bodies. Last time I emailed him he said he could have one shipped for about $40.00 usd.