My next JRX2 project

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

Re: My next JRX2 project

Post by scr8p »

oh ya, that was a xt chassis. nevermind. :lol:

still nice. but they do show up more than the x2's, though.

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

What is the difference between the X2 and XT chassis? The Xt has a longer front shock tower I know.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

longer wheelbase, 30 degree kickup instead of 20. shaped different, too.

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

You know your stuff, I have been away for a while and can't identify things by eye like back in the day when I worked at the hobby shop, or maybe my brain is just old but I will get there. Can we identify these now? They came with a bunch of parts I bought which I have begun figuring out was mostly X2 but also some XT and maybe JRX pro parts?

Is chassis with the square hole for servo saver an XT, it has more kick up and is longer. Good for a racer buggy perhaps being slightly longer and more kick up?

And what are these caster blocks and steering arms from, they are not X2, much beefier.

And just what did people do with these big PVC arms and are they worth anything? These appear slightly used but in good condition.

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

RCveteran wrote: Is chassis with the square hole for servo saver an XT, it has more kick up and is longer. Good for a racer buggy perhaps being slightly longer and more kick up?

The chassis with the servo saver cutout is a jrx-pro buggy chassis or possibly a late JRX-T.
the only difference between it and an original jrx-t plate being the cutout for clearance for a large servo saver.

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

A little progress, my cleanest gearbox and bulkhead, rebuilt with new diff balls and bearings and my cleanest motor plate.

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Man what an awsome haul of 5 link goodness, I love these old Losis! 8) That first car looked good enough for the shelf before you'd even started!

Progress on the 'best bits' car looks to be going well, which car had the best chassis plate? I very nearly put in my bid for the purple, chrome wheeled car - the chassis looks much better in your photo than the ebay advert shot (which put me off) - the front kick looks untouched!

As you can probably tell - i'm another one searching for that ellusive new/low miles SWB chassis :lol:

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

I don't recall which car this one came off as I just have them all parted for the most part. The top of this chassis is very nice and I figure that is what I will see most. The bottom not so much, its a 6.5 out of 10. I have seen worse. It works for now. I had some luck using 800 grit wet sanding on bottom, it did not alter the finish but got rid of some very fine scratches but not the big ones. i just realized the 2nd car at the beginning the "orange" one is not mine, I must have copied it in by mistake to my post. My orange one is the one further down, ooops :shock: :oops:

I think I will continue building this one back to a stock represenation. Funny after researching here I now know I have parts from different generation JRX2's. Some ball bearing diff, some not, different 5 link side mounts, different side links, different motor plates etc and probably other details my brain gets fried on. I am trying to group but if I end up off I am OK with that. Some of the detailed cars here are beyond my patience level and knowing me this one will end up on a track anyways.

Tonight I am hoping to put a front end on, I have some new in package shocks and springs that will go on this puppy. I have also fallen for a XX lately which is competing for my time and those pesky RC10's I have to get too, man this is like work :lol:

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

Making progress. I need to hunt down an original wing wire? I have to have something someone else needs with all my parts cars if there are potential trades out there.

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Looking good so far RCveteran - very crisp & clean 8) As for your wing wire - I put a thread in the 'wanted' section some time ago for the same part & was lucky to be offered the part by one of the great guys on this forum (thanks Erich :wink: ) I have a feeling JHarris may have aquired some in a 'mega-haul' a while back - it might worth a pm?

P.S; I've just been given by a good old racing buddy the remains of his JRX2 from back when we both first started racing.... i'm pretty stoked as its the very car that my love for these old Losi's comes from - I was so envious of him owning this car as a spotty kid, it just looked so nimble, light & purposefull on the track 8) Not sure what to do with it - it will either donate parts to other builds or i'll try & get it all back in one peice displaying all its well used glory.... I'll have to get a thread up at some point :oops:

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

Thanks for the tip. I present Jada the JRX2. Still have some details to sort but I am happy with the results. The tires are out of round and some other nits and nats but who cares, she looks great on the dining room table. Our new centerpiece :lol:

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

that does look nice
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Super minty! Great work! The 'Jrx2' script motorplate is my favourite! :)

Now get yourself a MrLexan shell & sticker set to finish it off! :wink: