RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

fotomatt1

Re: RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Post by fotomatt1 »

GreenBar0n wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:33 pm Are you guys cutting out the body and then painting it, or painting it first, and then cutting it out? Is there a benefit one way or the other?

I noticed Andy's sells his painted first, or not cut out.
I had Andy's paint my 40th body. I hate and am terrible at trimming so I asked if he would do that, too. He did for an additional fee and it's absolutely perfect! I just have to ream the mounting holes.

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

Dangeruss wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:50 pm Your post at the top of the page is the first result. Not the first of one million results, but the first result... ever.

You just created history.

Sure, it's not the invention of the wheel... but if someone reads your post, then scrolls down and see's my post directing them to google rimplaysia, whey they do they get your result. When clicked it lands them on your post, and when they scroll down it leads them to my post... it's a time loop! ...like the kind of thing they send T-100's back to stop... Image
:lol: coined a worthless term that spawned a tear in the Google space-time fabric, thereby creating a feedback loop of utter nonsense and impending doom - Rimplosion.

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

fotomatt1 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 pm I had Andy's paint my 40th body. I hate and am terrible at trimming so I asked if he would do that, too. He did for an additional fee and it's absolutely perfect! I just have to ream the mounting holes.
Congrats! Can't get a better boxart result, than an Andy's. Went with his RC10GT body recently, he cut it out too, couldn't have possibly done better myself.

Going to try the RC10 boxart myself though, tired of saying I can't do it anymore, and not as afraid to fail spectacularly in my later life.

ls1heli

Post by ls1heli »

I am pretty good at painting and doing bodies, but I am new to AE and the RC10 so I bought this one.

Came with real netting attached to the roll cage.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

ls1heli wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:50 pm I am pretty good at painting and doing bodies, but I am new to AE and the RC10 so I bought this one.

That looks great!
Did it include the painted driver?
Doug

jonboy
Approved Member

Post by jonboy »

Thankfully got mine in the UK.. just sitting on the shelf now.. can't wait to open up n build.. :-)
Attachments
20240517_170408.jpg

ls1heli

Post by ls1heli »

XLR8 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:21 pm
ls1heli wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:50 pm I am pretty good at painting and doing bodies, but I am new to AE and the RC10 so I bought this one.

That looks great!
Hi Doug, it did NOT come with the driver. I plan on painting that one myself per the AE manual (its in B&W) but they give you some ideas on how to paint.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

ls1heli wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:28 pm
XLR8 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:21 pm

That looks great!
Hi Doug, it did NOT come with the driver. I plan on painting that one myself per the AE manual (its in B&W) but they give you some ideas on how to paint.
Been giving some thought to painting my driver as well. Box art is red suit and white helmet but I'd really like to see what others are doing.
The decal set includes gauges (in two colors), belts and helmet visor which I believe is new. Anyway, I don't recall them from past releases.
Doug

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Speaking of personalized builds, one member on TC has built this beauty:

I think the gold anno with the light blue color he selected looks amazing!

You can read about the build and see more pics here:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/106419-wtccs-rc10-40th-anniversary-edition/&tab=comments#comment-1007589

Doug

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Stealthboy2600 did a nice job with his in gunmetal gray
1000011022.jpg
https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?p=566263#p566263
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Aridzona

Post by Aridzona »

XLR8 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:06 pm Speaking of personalized builds, one member on TC has built this beauty:

I think the gold anno with the light blue color he selected looks amazing!

You can read about the build and see more pics here:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/106419-wtccs-rc10-40th-anniversary-edition/&tab=comments#comment-1007589

I'm questioning my commitment to do a box art paint. That light blue is just right.

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

Well after rattling around a bunch of different paint ideas, and looking at Vintage Funco race buggies I decided on a simple paint scheme for my RC10. Didn't feel like dealing with liquid mask this time around so decided to do things like I would have done way back when, using masking tap and spray cans.
IMG_20240519_033757455_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240519_033931799_HDR.jpg
Overall I'm pretty happy with the result. I still need to paint the driver and decide weather or not I'm painting the wing.
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

RogueIV wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:20 am Well after rattling around a bunch of different paint ideas, and looking at Vintage Funco race buggies I decided on a simple paint scheme for my RC10. Didn't feel like dealing with liquid mask this time around so decided to do things like I would have done way back when, using masking tap and spray cans.
IMG_20240519_033757455_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240519_033931799_HDR.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with the result. I still need to paint the driver and decide weather or not I'm painting the wing.
That indeed looks really nice.
-Jerry-

fotomatt1

Post by fotomatt1 »

As I've gotten closer to actually opening bags and starting my build, I've considered not using any of the AE supplied plastic parts or transmission and instead going with the FAN RC plastic set which I feel is much closer to the original RC10 nylon color. But after starting down this rabbit hole, I realized that if I do that, I'd also likely purchase the FAN RC stealth transmission, so I'd essentially be using the chassis, tires and wheels from the kit, being that I purchased a box art painted body from Andy's.

Anybody else go down this path? Is it ridiculous to do this being that it would add a tremendous cost to the build? Curious what everybody's opinions are.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

fotomatt1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:27 pm As I've gotten closer to actually opening bags and starting my build, I've considered not using any of the AE supplied plastic parts or transmission and instead going with the FAN RC plastic set which I feel is much closer to the original RC10 nylon color. But after starting down this rabbit hole, I realized that if I do that, I'd also likely purchase the FAN RC stealth transmission, so I'd essentially be using the chassis, tires and wheels from the kit, being that I purchased a box art painted body from Andy's.

Anybody else go down this path? Is it ridiculous to do this being that it would add a tremendous cost to the build? Curious what everybody's opinions are.
Seems ridiculous I think, keep it original 40th in my opinion. If you go down the Fan RC path, might as well buy a separate chassis, tires, wheels and have a "FAN RC parts car build" as well. I'd likely go with one of those blue anodized chassis' as well.
-Jerry-