Today, A Stupid Person...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Today, A Stupid Person...

Post by Dangeruss »

There's the "Things that irriate you" thread. The "Vintage... I'm getting tired of it!" thread. So, welcome to what should be the quite comical.... Today, a stupid person...

Started a new project. On a Sunday. With no clue what they're doing. Three hours into a one-hour job it'll be by the grace of God that they finish it today. Currently wondering if, "Keep me company" is code for "Do it for me"...

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Today, A Stupid Person...

Post by Halgar »

Dangeruss wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:36 pm Currently wondering if, "Keep me company" is code for "Do it for me"...
Yup! Pretty much this! :lol:

My stupid person happened yesterday, driving, which is where I find MOST of the stupid people. On the freeway, two lanes, said stupid person wouldn't give up the left lane. He finally gets over and I go past. I have traffic come up on me, so I slide over to the right lane and stay there until I come up on a semi. Guess which stupid person has decided to catch up? I hit the signal, and pull into the left lane. Said stupid person then feels the need to ride my arse, so I get back to the right lane ASAP. Said stupid person hovers around my rear quarter panel, then slacks off and eventually drifts back. I don't get it, I just don't get it.

There were other stupid people on the road that day, but this guy was the stand out.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Today a stupid person pulls up in a cruddy old van and blocks my driveway while a neighborhood friend and I are standing there next to his Morgan 3 wheeler.

"How much you want for it?" ...the man in the van asks indignantly and completely unsolicited.

"Fifty-five"...says my friend.

"For that old thing?" ... the man in the van scoffs.

"It's a 2016"... friend says.

"Fifty-five hundred seems like too much money to for that thing" ...counters the van piloting man.

"Fifty-five THOUSAND" ...says aforementioned friend in a comically exasperated tone.

"What?... What?...... What?........." ...we hear as the man takes off waving his arms and AUDIBLY choking on his own tongue.

"You believe some people?" ...laughs my Morgan owning friend.

"Right?!" ...I exclaim in return. "If I'd of known there was going to be a bidding war I'd of offered you at least fifty SIX hundred!"

Not a dry eye in the drive...

Retro rc
Approved Member

Post by Retro rc »

Had a real estate person come through a house we’re doing atm and asked why we hadn’t filled the lines in the ceiling in, I politely rolled my eyes and said because it’s a t&g timber ceiling your twat

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Retro rc wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:24 am we’re doing atm
For the general public in the US, ATM may have different meanings. For the wholesome folk, it is where to get or deposit some cash. For the unwholesome folk, it has a very different meaning. :twisted:
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

morrisey0 wrote: For the general public in the US, ATM may have different meanings.
Oof, I only knew of of ATM "automatic teller machine" and ATM like "at the moment" I had to look the other one up on urban dictionary and needless to say... ick
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Dangeruss wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:14 pm Today a stupid person pulls up in a cruddy old van and blocks my driveway while a neighborhood friend and I are standing there next to his Morgan 3 wheeler.

"How much you want for it?" ...the man in the van asks indignantly and completely unsolicited.
This is how John Wick got back into it, isn't it? I'd be keeping the doors locked next few nights....
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Retro rc
Approved Member

Post by Retro rc »

morrisey0 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:06 pm
Retro rc wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:24 am we’re doing atm
For the general public in the US, ATM may have different meanings. For the wholesome folk, it is where to get or deposit some cash. For the unwholesome folk, it has a very different meaning. :twisted:
😂😂😂😱 I was meaning “at the moment” but your unwholesome tack puts a whole different spin on it

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:56 pm Oof, I only knew of of ATM "automatic teller machine" and ATM like "at the moment" I had to look the other one up on urban dictionary and needless to say... ick
That there, folks, is the moment someone realizes that the internet has ruined them! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:37 am This is how John Wick got back into it, isn't it? I'd be keeping the doors locked next few nights....
"Do you want a war? Or do you want to just give me the gun?" :twisted:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

You could dedicate a completely separate thread just for stupid drivers.

The other day, some idiot starts changing into my lane, when I'm right there beside him. But not only that, when I laid on the horn, he just ignored it and kept on changing into my lane ANYWAY. I had to hit the brakes and let the faktard in. :evil: I mean, why the F have horns in our vehicles??
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Coelacanth wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:09 pm You could dedicate a completely separate thread just for stupid drivers.

The other day, some idiot starts changing into my lane, when I'm right there beside him. But not only that, when I laid on the horn, he just ignored it and kept on changing into my lane ANYWAY. I had to hit the brakes and let the faktard in. :evil: I mean, why the F have horns in our vehicles??
This is because states give out driver's licenses like they were candy to people who should not be anywhere near a roadway, not even as a passenger. There is literally not a day that goes by that I don't run into at least one, if not a dozen, people like this when I'm out. These God's little gifts are equally abysmal pedestrians.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:20 pm
Coelacanth wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:09 pm You could dedicate a completely separate thread just for stupid drivers.

This is because states give out driver's licenses like they were candy to people who should not be anywhere near a roadway, not even as a passenger. There is literally not a day that goes by that I don't run into at least one, if not a dozen, people like this when I'm out. These God's little gifts are equally abysmal pedestrians.
But when people get their DL, they have met the absolute BARE MINIMUM standard to operate a motor vehicle! Couple that with, well, "other factors", and there you have it! Head on a swivel and stay alert, stay alive!
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

So... here's a three way tie.... first was a guy rocketing down the interstate on his sport bike in nothing but a tank top and shorts... but then Darwin said... lookie!!! ...

and one tried to cross the road... six lane artery, high speed traffic, 200ft from a partitioned train overpass, in a wheelchair.... BACKWARDS... and he WASN'T crippled. He was kicking his feet out, pushing the wheelchair across the road. :roll:

And between those two... a real gem... guy orders a few pieces of stainless sheet 37 1/2 inches long, 3 1/2 inches wide, three pieces, plus the drop should come out to three square feet. Guy behind the counter says "four" to which he receives a quizzical look. "The pieces are over three feet in length so it can't come out to three square feet". To which I tell him, "Oh, trying to use logic and math against me are you??" :mrgreen: :lol:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Literally, every day this week, some dipshizzle going slower than the flow of traffic, makes their way all the way across the freeway to the speed lane or carpool lane. Nobody is in front of them, there is NO reason for them to be changing lanes at all, let alone moving to the very two lanes that they don't belong in. This has happened at least once every day, if not several times a day. :roll: Stupid people suck!!!!!