Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

morrisey0

Re: Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Post by morrisey0 »

Oh hello Kyosho
Attachments
20230726_103516.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

How to annoy the ever living sh!t out of someone ...................... from someone being annoyed in this manner.

If you hate someone, and you know their phone number, do this:

Go online to one of these "multi-quote insurance" sites, or multiple sites if you wish, and enter some BS information, and list your contact number as the one for your enemy.

33 calls by 10:30am today. :roll:

This has been going on for years! I think all the company systems set you up to "follow up" with you every six months or a year or something, so they will just start calling again out of the blue. But today (or yesterday), my nemesis must have started the whole thing over, because they are attacking like mad today! :x
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

morrisey0 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:33 am How to annoy the ever living sh!t out of someone ...................... from someone being annoyed in this manner.

If you hate someone, and you know their phone number, do this:

Go online to one of these "multi-quote insurance" sites, or multiple sites if you wish, and enter some BS information, and list your contact number as the one for your enemy.

33 calls by 10:30am today. :roll:

This has been going on for years! I think all the company systems set you up to "follow up" with you every six months or a year or something, so they will just start calling again out of the blue. But today (or yesterday), my nemesis must have started the whole thing over, because they are attacking like mad today! :x
Definitely a huge irritation! It can be stopped by physically telling the companies to stop calling you and/or getting on the do not call list, both are huge PITAs, but it will eventually stop the crank calls. Hopefully you know who is doing this to you, I'd return the favor with every fly-by-night company I could think of. You may also be able to report the nemesis to your service provider and/or the local police for harassment.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Four entries for BOTM so far! You have a good looking car sitting around .............. enter it!! :D

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

morrisey0 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:18 pm Four entries for BOTM so far! You have a good looking car sitting around .............. enter it!! :D
Does that mean that I need to delete my entry?
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

juicedcoupe wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:43 pm
morrisey0 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:18 pm Four entries for BOTM so far! You have a good looking car sitting around .............. enter it!! :D
Does that mean that I need to delete my entry?
That criteria didn't get me kicked out last month so I'm sure you're good to stay in.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Just a random pic that means really nothing. In a side deal made while I was buying an old school funny car last week, I spied a B2 on the seller's shelf, and offered a passive interest in it although I REALLY wanted it. Come to find out, he was very reasonable with it, and it came home with me. I have been unable to find an actual B2 in my necks of the woods forever!! To run across this one as a side deal made my day!! :D Now I just need to prioritize the builds of the B2 and the B3.
Attachments
rc10b2 1.jpg

BattleTrak

Post by BattleTrak »

Cool! I never find local deals.. Nice collection and LaTrax Corvette..I have the Firebird.
-Brad

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Does anyone happen to have an actual physical copy of March 1988 RCCA? There are a couple of small B&W pics that just don't come up clear enough in my scanned version (probably the same version everyone has) to make out any detail that I would like to get.
Attachments
RCCA MARCH 1988 FRONT COVER.jpg

BattleTrak

Post by BattleTrak »

I have that issue.. what are you needing?
-Brad

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

BattleTrak wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:34 am I have that issue.. what are you needing?
Awesome!

Technically, I would like page 62, and mainly the three smaller pics at the bottom. A clear scan of page 61 would be a great bonus! :D
Attachments
RCCA MARCH 1988 PG62.jpg

BattleTrak

Post by BattleTrak »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:59 am
BattleTrak wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:34 am I have that issue.. what are you needing?
Awesome!

Technically, I would like page 62, and mainly the three smaller pics at the bottom. A clear scan of page 61 would be a great bonus! :D
No scanner at the moment..here’s phone pics. Hope that helps!

-Brad

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

BattleTrak wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:30 pm No scanner at the moment..here’s phone pics. Hope that helps!
Thanks Brad! It looks like it was just an issue with being a small B&W pic in 1988, and the contrast makes it so difficult to tell what the chassis plate really looked like. I'll see if I can work with the pic a little to make it a little more clear.

BattleTrak

Post by BattleTrak »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:20 pm
BattleTrak wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:30 pm No scanner at the moment..here’s phone pics. Hope that helps!
Thanks Brad! It looks like it was just an issue with being a small B&W pic in 1988, and the contrast makes it so difficult to how what the chassis plate really looked like. I'll see if I can work with the pic a little to make it a little more clear.
Yeah those b&w pics are small and low quality.. you can see the printing dots in the close-up..
-Brad

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

This one was on eBay not too long ago. Although I don't think it's the one from the magazine: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-1980s-advance-engineering-10-3844913772