Latest 3D print (John Wick)

The place to be for printing in 3D.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Steve71
Approved Member

Latest 3D print (John Wick)

Post by Steve71 »

Finally got some time tonight to finish up the John Wick 3D print and got it all painted. This is the first stl file I have ever paid for, got the file for $8 about a month ago off cgtrader. It's about 12"-13" tall over all.

TRX-1-3

Re: Latest 3D print (John Wick)

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Man, I caught up on the John Wick movies on a long plane ride last year. They are what they are, but they are super entertaining. Reeves is pretty cool. Handy with the steel also. Nice job with the paint and details.

JOHNNY UTAH!!
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

I love the John Wick series. Reeves is one of those actors where he is not very good in most his movies...but the ones he is good in, he's just perfect. Ones like Neo/Matrix and John Wick, those are two roles where I just could not see anyone else taking his place.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Speaking of the Matrix, when are you gonna start some dioramas based on that franchise?!?!? :mrgreen: Your artistry is amazing, as always! 8)

What about Star Trek? Doesn't matter which generation you want to focus on, they're all good. Not a fan of the original, but I have liked all of the modern interpretations, both tv and movies. Heck, I even prefer the original movies to the original series. The movies were way better.

On the topic of Star Trek, did you hear that William Shatner came out with a line of women's lingerie, but Shatner Panties didn't go over too well with the ladies! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

I've actually been thinking about maybe looking around and seeing if they have a Neo matrix statue .stl file where he was dodging bullets. I think that would be a cool one to print & paint up.
I'm a Next Gen fan of the Star Trek franchise. There's a Picard bust on Thingiverse that I tried printing some time ago, but it had some sort of error in it and kept layer shifting about half way through. One of these days I'll have to find another one and try it again because I would like to have that for the theater room.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Steve71 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:34 am I've actually been thinking about maybe looking around and seeing if they have a Neo matrix statue .stl file where he was dodging bullets. I think that would be a cool one to print & paint up.
I'm a Next Gen fan of the Star Trek franchise. There's a Picard bust on Thingiverse that I tried printing some time ago, but it had some sort of error in it and kept layer shifting about half way through. One of these days I'll have to find another one and try it again because I would like to have that for the theater room.
A bust of Locutus would be very cool rather than plain Picard .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

That WOULD be cool. I hadn't even thought of that. You must be plugged into the collective :lol: I'll have to check that CDtrader I have started using and see if they have one.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Where do you stand on Jason? I'd love to have a model of the end of part 3. Real classic window and all.
Attachments
F13P3.png
F13P3.png (130.87 KiB) Viewed 953 times
F13P3.png
F13P3.png (130.87 KiB) Viewed 953 times
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:08 pm Where do you stand on Jason? I'd love to have a model of the end of part 3. Real classic window and all.
He'll yeah....make it happen!...let me know I owe...I ain't playin
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:08 pm Where do you stand on Jason? I'd love to have a model of the end of part 3. Real classic window and all.
coxbros1 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:12 pm
He'll yeah....make it happen!...let me know I owe...I ain't playin
I don't know why, but I never was a big fan of horror movies. Some of them are "okay" but not really into them a lot. I've seen a few of the Halloween as well as Nightmare on Elm Street ones, but probably only 3-4 of them.

I looked on that Cgtrader site I have been finding some files on lately. They don't have the one like the pic above with the window, but they do have a pretty cool looking one of Jason on there. Looks like they sell the stl file for $7.00 for this one below.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Those are cool, but someone needs to fill the gap for die-hard fans. That window scene is classic and will probably have to be custom made. I have no idea what that costs but would be willing to fund it. :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

How about this one then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Dadio wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:55 pm A bust of Locutus would be very cool rather than plain Picard .
I see your Locutus and raise you a Seven Of Nine! I mean, if we're talking about busts . . . :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Steve71 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:34 am I'm a Next Gen fan of the Star Trek franchise. There's a Picard bust on Thingiverse that I tried printing some time ago, but it had some sort of error in it and kept layer shifting about half way through. One of these days I'll have to find another one and try it again because I would like to have that for the theater room.
I thoroughly enjoyed Next Gen, but it dated itself before the series ended. I was a "one and done" guy with that one. Absolutely hated Voyager when it came out, started watching it mid series and got hooked, went back and watched it from the beginning and enjoyed the entire series, but it did get decidedly better when 7 came on scene, for more reasons than one, Geri Ryan was awesome, and, the 7 character was just that good! DS 9 was ok, watched it through, but was "one and done" with it as well. Enterprise was ok, but got old pretty quickly, which seemed to be what the rest of the fan base thought, as that is when the franchise took a hiatus for 10 or so years. I've not seen the latest ST venture, but my sister has really enjoyed it.