Gun Room almost done

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: Gun Room almost done

Post by klavy69 »

Nice addition. 8)

those bullpups are nice. As of now still waiting to get one at a good price. Seems the only way they sell around me is to have them come to the store bonestock and they then bolt on a bunch of accys that don't sell making it too expensive for me to validate at the moment.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

GeneralZod
Approved Member

Post by GeneralZod »

Looks like a good place to unwind. Nice collection and AR build. Everyone needs at least one and maybe more...

Took a look at your fly rod website.... You have some impressive skills! Way better than my old beatup gear I'm using. If we had better fishing holes here, I would have to upgrade. I think we are way overfished here. It was better when I was a kid though. :(

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

thanks bud. It's a passion that turned into a hobby that turned into a job lol. I have loved fly fishing for prob 30 yrs, then started building my own rods like 25 yrs ago, then when I lost my job as a welder/fabricator I started the custom rod biz as a side job, but I got real lucky and it turned into a real job. Which has been my main job now for close to 20 yrs. I have been real lucky. LIfe is good when you do what you love.

With that said.... I have way too much of my grandpa in me. He was the type of person that always had to be doing something and could never just sit still. I'm the same way. After working on rods for 9hrs today, got done around 8pm and decided to start another project rather than relax. Actually I find projects relaxing so guess that's my way of unwinding.

I have a number of old .22 rifles. Couple are mint condition like my Marlin M4 semi auto and my Marlin Golden 39A. Then there are ones like this one. It's a Remington model 41, bolt action single shot made between 1936-1939. I shot this gun a ton when I was younger. It still is accurate as hell, but cosmetically, it's seen better day. So decided to start stripping it down.

Since this one is not in great shape and not worth a whole lot to collectors... I started redoing it last week. Stripped it down, polished the bolt, stripped the barrel, sanded and filled/'sanded the stock and just finished airbrushing it tonight in a fall camo pattern. Just got a 3x9 scope today for it. Not done yet but for an 80+ yr old rifle, it's lookin pretty good.

Dessertrat
Approved Member

Post by Dessertrat »

Very nice room sir.

What you said about life being good when you do what you love. That got me thinking about work so I’m going to start a thread about that. Thanks for the inspiration!

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Got a little time tonight after working on rods all day and finished up the revamp of the .22 rifle. Pretty pleased with it and how it came out. You would never know by first glance that is an 80+yr old rifle. All that's left to do now is zero in the new scope. Will be nice to have this one back in action again, I think it's been probably 25yrs since I have shot this one last.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

I love all your stuff but man painting over a beautiful 80 year old wood stock , just makes me sad :( sorry
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

The stock was far from beautiful :wink: might not look like it in the pics but it was pretty rough. If it were a valuable gun then I would have done a restoration on it back to factory condition. But the stock was in pretty rough shape, barrel was rusted/pitted, plus the Model 41 was a gun that is very far from rare. They were sold in hardware stores/gas stations, pretty much back in the day they were a dime a dozen, so no real value to them for collecting unless you have one that is in mint unused condition, and even then $200-$250 is the max value of a mint one. So that's why I decided to redo it into something usable/fun rather than a true restoration.

For a beautiful stock I have my Winchester Centennial 66 lever action. Its the one in the pic above the one I just painted. That one is mint condition and not a scratch on it. Anyone came near that one with a paint can I'd smack them upside the head :lol:

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Picked up a new addition to the family this morning. FDE PSA Dagger 9mm 15+1, Vortex Venom red dot optic, threaded barrel and carry cut slide. They really nailed it with the grip on these, fits my hand perfectly. Probably the most comfortable feeling pistol I've held to date.

Retro rc

Post by Retro rc »

Nice collection, just don’t ever think of moving to New Zealand cause you’d have to leave pretty much every one of those beauties behind. One mass shooting and the government banned all military styled guns pretty much over night here. Tossers

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

It's just all so nice looking. What a great looking collection. Thanks for sharing.