First post here

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

76jimmy
Approved Member

First post here

Post by 76jimmy »

Nice forum you guys have here. So many threads. I've been lurking for years but finally got my own rc10 ce handed to me from a friend. Needs put back together but looks all there.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP6G71hmnek_gjSyk5ruM3CTfG0Qox2Cds9JI7iEMzlaFRyuZq8sNRySn1rtHyILQ?key=NEV5WGh0WHZPckYxdTlqUlZ2VEdLVkxIdVg0TzhR

I'll be looking around figure something to do with this. Seems like it was never run? Tires are in mint condition. Everything else needs gone over. The trans needs attention.

coxbros1

Re: First post here

Post by coxbros1 »

Welcome.....no image...send the image to yourself then save it and grab the saved image when you add files. πŸ‘
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

coxbros1 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:25 pm Welcome.....no image...send the image to yourself then save it and grab the saved image when you add files. πŸ‘
With my current phone, I'm able to resize the image by making a screenshot of it. The screenshots are always within the forum limits.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

juicedcoupe wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:30 pm
coxbros1 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:25 pm Welcome.....no image...send the image to yourself then save it and grab the saved image when you add files. πŸ‘
With my current phone, I'm able to resize the image by making a screenshot of it. The screenshots are always within the forum limits.
Good info!....what phone you rocking?....I am light on cash so galaxy s10 with a busted screen is all I have....I think "thumbs" has the latest technology tho.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

coxbros1 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:35 pm Good info!....what phone you rocking?....I am light on cash so galaxy s10 with a busted screen is all I have....I think "thumbs" has the latest technology tho.
Galaxy S21.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

coxbros1 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:35 pm
Good info!....what phone you rocking?....I am light on cash so galaxy s10 with a busted screen is all I have....I think "thumbs" has the latest technology tho.
No busted screen, but still rocking an S7, my second smartphone. I use them until they actually need to be replaced. This one is getting close, honestly a bit past due because the battery has been complete shat for months.
-Jerry-

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

My Jitterbug is on the fritz so I broke out my Blackberry. Sorry for any tipos.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:20 pm
My Jitterbug is on the fritz so I broke out my Blackberry. Sorry for any tipos.
Seriously funny sh*t!... but dont let him fool you...fat stacks.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

juicedcoupe wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:40 pm
coxbros1 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:35 pm Good info!....what phone you rocking?....I am light on cash so galaxy s10 with a busted screen is all I have....I think "thumbs" has the latest technology tho.
Galaxy S21.
You must be rich!

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

coxbros1 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:30 pm You must be rich!
Nah, just a good provider. Probably helps that my account dates back to the late 90's.

They still let me get new phones every couple years, either free or cheap. The contract doesn't bother me as I have no intention of changing (by far, the best coverage here).

I got this phone shortly after they were released, for $250. My wife and son's IPhones were free.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

76jimmy wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:16 pm Nice forum you guys have here. So many threads. I've been lurking for years but finally got my own rc10 ce handed to me from a friend. Needs put back together but looks all there.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP6G71hmnek_gjSyk5ruM3CTfG0Qox2Cds9JI7iEMzlaFRyuZq8sNRySn1rtHyILQ?key=NEV5WGh0WHZPckYxdTlqUlZ2VEdLVkxIdVg0TzhR

I'll be looking around figure something to do with this. Seems like it was never run? Tires are in mint condition. Everything else needs gone over. The trans needs attention.

Welcome! I fixed the broken link for you. It looks like you got yourself a really nice example! :)

76jimmy
Approved Member

Post by 76jimmy »

Thanks for fixing the link. I'll figure it out after a couple times. The CE seems in good shape. I'm not really a collector type so I'd like to get it in running condition. Couple guys at my local track are stirring up a vintage class. We had 4 on last race at Trains and Lane's in Easton PA. All I could come up with was a rere Tamiya NovaFox so the rc10 should be a better runner. It was more of a parade than a race lol.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

It looks like an excellent survivor. If racing it, you maybe should consider rehydration of the nylon parts to make sure they aren't brittle from age.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

1tundra

Post by 1tundra »

That's a really nice early CE survivor... you may consider piecing together another one and and save those really nice white arms etc and the chassis and nose plate.. you can easily find black arms and a not so pretty chassis to use for vintage racing... Just my 2cents..either way very cool, enjoy!

76jimmy
Approved Member

Post by 76jimmy »

After some consideration I think this will become a mantle piece. So I went and bought myself this today:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8NoeFNYj3q96edFF6

So I'll save this minty rc10 from my usual tinkering. It's hard to let it just sit there without any laps on it. I'm going to put it all together and see how I feel when it's all ready.