Collecting Tyco / Taiyo RC in Australia! Rebound, Fast Traxx, Scorcher, etc.

The place for all things Nikko / Toy Grade.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ozzymuppet

Collecting Tyco / Taiyo RC in Australia! Rebound, Fast Traxx, Scorcher, etc.

Post by ozzymuppet »

G'day all,
I'm glad to finally find a decently sized forum dedicated to vintage R/C, and plenty of mention of my favorite: Taiyo R/C (Japan), Tyco RC (US), Metro RC (Australia)!

Over the last 18 months lockdown here in Australia, I bought myself a Jet Hopper after feeling nostalgic. Unfortunately it did'nt stop there!!

Apologies for the rubbish photos, I'm still in the process of organising a proper display.

Youtube video of my latest delivery from Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5xtyGI45YY

Next project is to fix up the Lamborghini which is quite damaged. That's why I have the Indy car, which is actually the same chassis (dual motor 9.6v) and in far better condition. The only difference (apart from the indycar shell) is the rubber on the wheels is thicker, and the front bumper attachment a different shape. Otherwise they're the same vehicle. Subscribe to my channel if you wanna see the build :-)

The Original - Jet Hopper
Jet Hopper.jpg
Rebound 4x4, Mini Traxx, Ferrari, Scorcher
Rebound Mini Traxx Ferrari Scorcher.jpg
Indy Car and Lamborghini (both dual motor 9.6v) and Mini Cyclone (Scorcher)
Mini Cyclone Ferrari and Indy Car.jpg
Original Fast Traxx
Fast Traxx Original.jpg
Fast Traxx Pick-Up
Fast Traxx Pickup.jpg
Fast Traxx Eliminator
Fast Traxx Eliminator 3.jpg
Typhoon and spares
Typhoon.jpg

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Re: Collecting Tyco / Taiyo RC in Australia! Rebound, Fast Traxx, Scorcher, etc.

Post by matt1ptkn »

Welcome aboard! You've got a pretty cool collection there. I'm sure there are lots of memories in those.
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

R6cowboy

Re: Collecting Tyco / Taiyo RC in Australia! Rebound, Fast Traxx, Scorcher, etc.

Post by R6cowboy »

Cool deal ya got going on. I'm often looking for a Fast Traxx pick-up because I had one as a youngin'. Would like to have one, but not bad enough to pay hundreds on ebay for a nice one.
-Jerry-

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I have a couple of well used Super Rebounds (awesome back yard dog exercisers, can even drive up trees!), a jet ski, a Wild Sting, Ricky Carmichael and Travis Pastrana motorcycles, a superbike, a Terrain Twister, and a Typhoon in need of a new air bladder skirt. Tyco made some fun stuff!
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

ozzymuppet

Post by ozzymuppet »

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Some tips below on where I'm buying this stuff. Just keep it a secret ok :lol:

matt1ptkn wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:16 am Welcome aboard! You've got a pretty cool collection there. I'm sure there are lots of memories in those.
Thanks man :) Yeah, even the models I never owned, just the 80'sness of them makes me feel at home.
R6cowboy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:10 am Cool deal ya got going on. I'm often looking for a Fast Traxx pick-up because I had one as a youngin'. Would like to have one, but not bad enough to pay hundreds on ebay for a nice one.
I'm getting all my stuff via buyee.jp who run a service for westerners looking to shop at Yahoo Auctions Japan. You can setup an alert so it will email you when the keyword appears. Super easy, though postage is expensive (FedEx). I've not mentioned this on my youtube channel as I don't want lots of people grabbing all the great deals that seem to be there haha.
Frankentruck wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:30 am I have a couple of well used Super Rebounds (awesome back yard dog exercisers, can even drive up trees!), a jet ski, a Wild Sting, Ricky Carmichael and Travis Pastrana motorcycles, a superbike, a Terrain Twister, and a Typhoon in need of a new air bladder skirt. Tyco made some fun stuff!
The Air Bladder skirts can be found same place, Yahoo Auctions Japan (via buyee.jp), I got one myself. The japanese guys seem to keep things in such good condition, so most models and items sold there look relatively brand new for 30yo stuff!

ozzymuppet

Post by ozzymuppet »

So my latest acquisition was a SUPER FIGHT F1 (Taiyo), not the dual motor version unfortunately just single, however it's aesthetically MINT. Only problem? Seems like battery corrosion damage. Turn it on, and the motor will blip for half a second (without touching controls) and then nothing. No red light. Ehhhh.... I'm hoping it's not completely dead. I'll be opening it up to clean out shortly for my next video.

You can see it here in my latest 'big box' video beginning at 06:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA7d__u1P1o&feature=youtu.be