Pan car

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Frankentruck

Re: Pan car

Post by Frankentruck »

I'm not seeing any bigger 32p spurs at Kimbrough than your 54 tooth. I run their 96 tooth (48 pitch) spur, and I have pinions down to 16 tooth, so that is a usable size option.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:41 pm I'm not seeing any bigger 32p spurs at Kimbrough than your 54 tooth. I run their 96 tooth (48 pitch) spur, and I have pinions down to 16 tooth, so that is a usable size option.
Thank you Frankentruck, ill probably go with the 96 tooth and get a few pinions in 48 pitch as well.

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Just placed an order from Kimbrough, should be here beginning of next week.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Are you also getting a carbon pinion from them? I just noticed those. My pinions are all old steel ones so I'm interested to see thoughts on those.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:00 pm Are you also getting a carbon pinion from them? I just noticed those. My pinions are all old steel ones so I'm interested to see thoughts on those.
Yes, I ordered the carbon pinion too. Ill post up about it after I run it.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

For that nylon rear pod, if you get in a jam needing one, I think there are a few of us on here that do some 3D printing. I'm currently printing my part projects in nylon and could probably work this in. However I'd need a sample part to take measurements from to design the print model.

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:39 pm For that nylon rear pod, if you get in a jam needing one, I think there are a few of us on here that do some 3D printing. I'm currently printing my part projects in nylon and could probably work this in. However I'd need a sample part to take measurements from to design the print model.
I would be greatful if you could do that. Send me a pm and we can work out the details.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

PM is stuck in my outbox. Not sure if that means you can't receive PMs or I can't send.

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

When a message is in your outbox, it just means the recipient hasn't read it yet.
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

PM sent. Sorry for the delayed response, I have a race tomorrow and it was chaos getting everything together tonight for some reason.

KidAgain
Approved Member

Post by KidAgain »

Overvolted wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:31 pm
Frankentruck wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:00 pm Are you also getting a carbon pinion from them? I just noticed those. My pinions are all old steel ones so I'm interested to see thoughts on those.
Yes, I ordered the carbon pinion too. Ill post up about it after I run it.
The metal ring for the carbon pinions does that go around the base of the pinion? wouldn't that negate the weight savings of a carbon pinion???
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

It goes around the base of the pinion. The gears should be here tomorrow and I can weigh the pinion and see.

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Got the Kimbrough gears installed today. The pinion is lighter id say by a couple of grams, cant find my scale so I cant verify that but it is lighter than the pinion that was on there. Im going to need the motor spacer as the pinion needs to be more inline with the spur and is all the way down on the motor shaft. Its not hitting the spur but its close. Im missing a couple of balls :roll: for the diff and have them and the motor spacer coming.
I needed to set tweak and got some 4/40 screws but they will not thread in very far to the T plate What should I do, run a tap? Any other ideas on the tweakk screws?
Attachments
20210518_190002-1.jpg
20210518_190028-1.jpg
20210518_190010.jpg

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

You can use some cap head screws to pre tap the tweak screw holes. Just don’t go too crazy as you want them to be snug in there.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

GoMachV wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:30 pm You can use some cap head screws to pre tap the tweak screw holes. Just don’t go too crazy as you want them to be snug in there.
Did that several times and no luck. Took them to the wire wheel on the bench grinder and they go in smoothly now. Whatever coating that was on them was locking them up.