How is Fibre-Lyte as a seller?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Re: How is fibre-lyte as a seller?

Post by 3trxvintage »

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I look forward to ordering some parts in the near future :)

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

One more question…Does Fibre-Lyte expect a payment before or after you order their products?

Thanks guys

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

3trxvintage wrote:One more question…Does Fibre-Lyte expect a payment before or after you order their products?

Thanks guys
When it's ready to ship. You can pay by Paypal.

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

Interesting, they recentely told me I had to pay before the parts were made. Not sure what to do :?

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

3trxvintage wrote:Interesting, they recentely told me I had to pay before the parts were made. Not sure what to do :?
Could also be the case. The time I ordered I got a total price with shipping quote, paid, and IIRC the parts were shipped out pretty quickly after that. Maybe the turnaround time depends on which parts you order? I had ordered some Lazer ZX bits...

I mean, they're not like some online stores I won't mention that list parts as "in stock", you order them and have to wait weeks before the parts are shipped because they weren't actually in stock at the store but only at the distributor. Since Fibre-lyte make their own parts that issue is not present.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Last time I ordered, they had to cut the part for me. Took about a month from the original e-mail to finally getting the part in my hands.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

You can honestly buy from them blindfolded. 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed! And like Rich said, you can even send them a template or a CAD file and they would cut you as many as you like :D Top notch stuff.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Yes, you do have to pay in advance, but you will be happy with the quality. Just have to be patient for production and overseas shipping.

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

flipwils11 wrote:Yes, you do have to pay in advance, but you will be happy with the quality. Just have to be patient for production and overseas shipping.
Sounds good, thanks for the info. At first I was a little hesitant to send a large amount of money to an overseas company but you guys are making me feel reassured. :)

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Re: How is Fibre-Lyte as a seller?

Post by 3trxvintage »

My first experience with Fibre-Lyte was very good. :) I paid for the parts on July-24-2012; parts were shipped on July-30 and arrived on August-9. Like everyone else said Fibre-Lyte’s parts are very high quality and professional looking. 8)

uniquenamehere
Approved Member

Post by uniquenamehere »

My Fiber-Lyte parts arrived today. Well packaged, and they look really well made. I'm very happy with them as a seller!

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

They are awesome to deal with I have even made a ridiculous drawing in paint that they could actually made a beautiful carbon piece from,
I have bought several parts and never ever been disappointed and its possible to have them cut in flat carbon ie not glossy but you have to ask for it.

mvh iso

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

I know this is an old topic but seeing that I didn’t resurrect it I’d like to comment.

As some of you will know I live very close to the Fibre -Lyte facility and have worked with them on RC parts since they first started production in this field many years ago. They have supported the RC community for many years and whilst they obviously make money from this venture it pales into insignificance compared to their main mother business Hansell Composites Ltd, their RC devision is really more due to the interest they have in the hobby (particularly Stephen) rather than any meaningful income against the company turnover as a whole. If you saw some of the 1:1 parts they make you’d be in awe.

So I too have developed parts with them (not to the personal expense or sacrifice that Dan has), however they have always asked me if I’m happy for the parts to go on general sale and if so did I wanted to middle man the parts myself giving me the opportunity to add a percentage for my input and time (I’ve never done this, I have always just allowed them to sell direct and I point people in their direction).

Not once have I ever had an issue with Fibre-Lyte personally or professionally, I guess I’ve always been aware of their production processes and accepted that there are some limitations to finish and timings. Those who don’t understand that everything is made to order and most items are hand finished may find frustration in production times as mentioned earlier in the thread.

One thing to remember when ordering parts, they have many many version of many parts due to customised customer requests so you have to be very specific when ordering especially if you aren’t sure of what you need. One example of this are Astute front towers, if you don’t order a standard dimension tower and just order the one shown on their site you will receive a tower designed for long front shocks, there are other examples of this nature.

In summary, Stephen who deals with almost all RC parts is a genuinely really nice, polite and helpful guy, he’s not an expert in every single RC model they provide parts for but has a good understanding and is keen to learn. I would never hesitate to employ their services.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

Toaster
Approved Member

Post by Toaster »

Came across this and felt compelled to comment, have had nothing but AMAZING experiences with them!

Their support of our hobby is beyond appreciated and I am hoping to express that again with another order soon!
I come for the RC10's but stay for the Yokomo's :P

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration

cas22
Approved Member

Post by cas22 »

Been dealing with them since i had to FAX my order through for my B2 (over 18 years ago) 100% straight shooters, would not hesitate to pre pay, and their weave and carbon is always perfect. Currently doing a chassis for me off an original i sent them.