RC Car/Industry Rant Thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RCveteran
Approved Member

RC Car/Industry Rant Thread

Post by RCveteran »

Let's see if we can do this. Just your rant, no responses so we don't argue.

Sort of the industry I guess. I'll start, every RC car video vintage or otherwise with crappy music dubbed over it. Music is personal, most won't like my crap or yours. Beyond that I want to hear the transmission, dirt and track noise, not some darn 1970's rock band, and blaring death metal does not make an RC Car or you cooler. :D

juicedcoupe

Re: RC Car/Industry Rant Thread

Post by juicedcoupe »

When I was younger, I had some store bought RC videos. They had horrible music too, to go with the infomercial grade host.

Kinda like watching a B movie. You are laughing because everything is so bad that its comical.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

This is an easy one. Industry rant... Big corporate companies that buy up the small ones who are making innovated products and then closing them down a short time later.

On a side note, I heard a rumor on youtube that RJ Speed is now under new ownership. BUT I have found nothing else on it. Can anyone confirm or deny that claim? If they did get bought out who bought them?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Sorry to derail. Post edited.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

GoMachV wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:35 pm Yes, Rick sold to Barry Hill. Barry owns hyperdrive I believe, and makes a lot of parts for the dirt oval and carpet oval guys. Ive spoke to Barry a few times and bought from him- he is great.
That's good news then. Hyperdrive makes some great parts and kits. I'm glad it went to a good home.

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

LowClassCC wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:33 pm This is an easy one. Industry rant... Big corporate companies that buy up the small ones who are making innovated products and then closing them down a short time later.

On a side note, I heard a rumor on youtube that RJ Speed is now under new ownership. BUT I have found nothing else on it. Can anyone confirm or deny that claim? If they did get bought out who bought them?
Well we derailed quick from just posting rants. That said, this is not unique to the RC industry. Happens in retail, pharma, oil, renewable energy, medical and on. Eventually there will be one company and regional warehouse for all crap which is beamed to your doorstep and owned by like 2 people. Only way to stop it is if people truly could put greater good over individual interest. I won't hold my breath.

Back to the rants.

rraeford
Approved Member

Post by rraeford »

From their website, it does appear that RJ SPEED Is under new management. They say they are going to make Some of their old bodies available again as well as Bud’s 1/18th scale bodies.