Hello Yall From Mississippi

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

kenny21

Hello Yall From Mississippi

Post by kenny21 »

Hey yall I have been out of the hobby for awhile but .trying to get back in slowly but surely. A lot has changed since-anyway we live down here on the Gulf Coast and yes it gets cold here to dangit. lolo

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Re: Hello Yall From Mississippi

Post by matt1ptkn »

Welcome back into the hobby, and to the forum!
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

matt1ptkn wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:06 am Welcome back into the hobby, and to the forum!
Hey thank you - I sure appreciate yall having me here

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Welcome!

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Hey, what's up Kenny?
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Welcome....not alot has changed if u keep it vintage!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

Basher67 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:37 amWelcome!
Hey thank you there- bare with this old man I am learning-lolo

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

Basher67 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:37 amWelcome!
I hope i didnt screw up and accidentally hit the dislike button on you ther-this is all still new for sure

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:43 pm Hey, what's up Kenny?
Hey man what are you doing over in this neck of the woods here? This aint the bullet-lolo---- how are you man? I had to basically shut down things and dial it back after i sold the ol girlfriend and my wife said I had to dial it back due to my health. I am actually building a TA Sc 6.1 late model for mobile and the guys over there has talked me into a drag car and there is a small group but ,I am learning cause alot has changed since the ole TC3 days-lolo. I dont know if you seen yet but sat down the road somewhere form you on industrial they are suppose to have a pretty good size crowd of drag racers and dont know where unless its around on the small service road closed off for the Rc cars. I do think I remember you telling me you had some Rc cars but if it was past yesterday,im lucky to remember-lolo.

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

coxbros1 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:48 pm Welcome....not alot has changed if u keep it vintage!
Hey thank ya for having me aboard. I do have a few things that I am doing a little newer but, I still want to build me another gold pan with a ol 56 ford body I use to have . I had built a few but they were on some T4 and then I had one on a TC4 as well to.

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

I hate to ask yall a dumb question but when I hit the like button over to the right-is the hand suppose to then go down instead staying turned up?

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

kenny21 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:22 pm I hate to ask yall a dumb question but when I hit the like button over to the right-is the hand suppose to then go down instead staying turned up?
Its a thanks button.

If you look under your name, it will say how many times that you have thanked someone or have been thanked by someone.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

kenny21 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm Hey man what are you doing over in this neck of the woods here? This aint the bullet-lolo---- how are you man? I had to basically shut down things and dial it back after i sold the ol girlfriend and my wife said I had to dial it back due to my health.
Hey, you never know where I might show up.

I kinda took a break from mine as well. After breaking the block in my last engine, I was all gung-ho with building a new one. I kinda burnt myself out a little, and then all the Covid junk started. So the new engine is just sitting on the stand and I'll get back around to it when I feel like it.
kenny21 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm the guys over there has talked me into a drag car and there is a small group but ,I am learning cause alot has changed since the ole TC3 days-lolo. I dont know if you seen yet but sat down the road somewhere form you on industrial they are suppose to have a pretty good size crowd of drag racers and dont know where unless its around on the small service road closed off for the Rc cars.
There are a few possible places that come to mind but I don't know anything for certain.

If its the same bunch that grudge race real cars around here, I'll probably avoid it. If its them, I can only tolerate a few of them.
kenny21 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm I do think I remember you telling me you had some Rc cars but if it was past yesterday,im lucky to remember-lolo.
Ten complete cars, three near complete cars, one early stage project, and two NIB kits. And counting.

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:34 pm
kenny21 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:22 pm I hate to ask yall a dumb question but when I hit the like button over to the right-is the hand suppose to then go down instead staying turned up?
Its a thanks button.

If you look under your name, it will say how many times that you have thanked someone or have been thanked by someone.
Ahh I see that now. Its kinda harrd when your still kinda use to the old 8 track and cassette days-lololo

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:54 pm
kenny21 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm Hey man what are you doing over in this neck of the woods here? This aint the bullet-lolo---- how are you man? I had to basically shut down things and dial it back after i sold the ol girlfriend and my wife said I had to dial it back due to my health.
Hey, you never know where I might show up.

I kinda took a break from mine as well. After breaking the block in my last engine, I was all gung-ho with building a new one. I kinda burnt myself out a little, and then all the Covid junk started. So the new engine is just sitting on the stand and I'll get back around to it when I feel like it.
Yeah we had the timing and all right and so was the valves- for some reason I guess the race fuel done something and even after turning the motor over some,the guy said the rings were froze up and he fixed it up and running good. He said all the block was fine and they just freshened it up and sent me a video of it and it was smoother than owl snot.Phil Combs bought it and they drove 14 hours to pick it up so after a 28 hour round trip I helped them out on the price.
kenny21 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm the guys over there has talked me into a drag car and there is a small group but ,I am learning cause alot has changed since the ole TC3 days-lolo. I dont know if you seen yet but sat down the road somewhere form you on industrial they are suppose to have a pretty good size crowd of drag racers and dont know where unless its around on the small service road closed off for the Rc cars.
There are a few possible places that come to mind but I don't know anything for certain.

If its the same bunch that grudge race real cars around here, I'll probably avoid it. If its them, I can only tolerate a few of them.
Yeah i was gonna jump off into it a little more than I want but I may have to pull the reigns back some cause they is just a good group of guys from mobile that like to just run 1/10th scale electric for fun like in church or school parking lots, they did tell me that those guys do some swearing for sure.
kenny21 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm I do think I remember you telling me you had some Rc cars but if it was past yesterday,im lucky to remember-lolo.
Ten complete cars, three near complete cars, one early stage project, and two NIB kits. And counting.
Man you just need to get up with us when your off and cut up and just drop tail gates and cook out and have a blast