Just showin' off

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Just showin' off

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Well, since it looks like it will be a while before any of my current projects are finished, I thought I'd post a pic to show off a few things I've been waiting for years to get my hands on. When it rains it pours. I managed to get my hands on two identical sets of Technacraft wheels for a 6010 RC10. One set I bought off Aggy, the other popped up on ebay for $135 BIN, I think I hit the BIN faster than anyone in history on that auction. I traded one set with shodog for the gold set that's on my car now, the other set will be used on my super top secret project. :lol: I must say these have been worth the wait.

It's interesting to compare the two sets. The pattern is identical, but the wheels are very different. Not only in size, but the smaller wheels are beadlock wheels, like the wheels in the 6010 kits. The larger wheels are 2 piece glue on wheels. The outer rim, and the center spoke section.

Sorry for the poor quality pic, I'm still getting settled in from moving, and don't have a decent spot to shoot pics yet, and this one seems to be extra grainy and poorly lit, but you get the idea. I just wanted to do a little showin' off, I'm now the proud owner of some amazing Technacraft wheels. 8) I think the only thing I'm looking for now to complete my RC10 collection is a Technacraft aerofoil wing, and one just escaped me last week on ebay.
Attachments
technacraft.jpg
technacraft.jpg (110.96 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
technacraft.jpg
technacraft.jpg (110.96 KiB) Viewed 2039 times

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

bling bling!!

i dunno why, but i've consistantly talked myself out of bidding on every darn technacraft wheel auction i've seen because they are always so expensive. keep in mind this is coming from the guy who has like 30 damn rc10's...

someday i'll get a set. someday...

FifthScaleRacer
Approved Member

Post by FifthScaleRacer »

badhoopty wrote:bling bling!!

i dunno why, but i've consistantly talked myself out of bidding on every darn technacraft wheel auction i've seen because they are always so expensive. keep in mind this is coming from the guy who has like 30 damn rc10's...

someday i'll get a set. someday...
Every RC10 vintage collection needs a set of Tecnacrafts!!!

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Stop it! Don't want to hear it.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

mrlexan wrote:Stop it! Don't want to hear it.
you aint got none either? i blame alex and shodg myself... 8)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

your car looks sweet with the rims, mel.

i'd like to get at least one set of technacrafts for my 6010 queen when she's done. :)

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

I think Al's Hobby Shop out here might have one or two of the Tecnacraft airfoil wings in the basement still. They were for wide on-road cars, though, I don't remember seeing a narrow off road version.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Really, I thought they had a buggy version? I'd take one either way, I think they were awesome. Apex, if you see one there, buggy or on road version, and it's not an bad price I'd definately like to get my hands on it. :wink:

Hoopty, too much? Don't make me say the word "Sassy". :lol: :lol: j/k bud. :wink: Technacrafts are a bit pricey. But I really think you get what you pay for. A new set of JPS Clod wheels runs about $165, and that's on sale, so when I found a set of mint Technacrafts for $155 shipped, and one for $135 BIN, I didn't even think twice about getting them. Even at a time when money is kind of tight, right before I was going to move.

JPS, Sees and T&A all make (or made) some beautiful wheels, but none of them look as nice as a set of Technacrafts, and the rest seem to be much more easy to find. I just saw an ad from about 1991, Tower was selling RC10 sets for about $89. So, I don't think the inflation for something as cool and rare as these is really all that bad.

I really dropped the ball a while ago, right before the Lunchbox was re-released. There was a mint set of Technacrafts for the LB that sold for around $65. Should have went after those. Oh well, I'm more than happy with these. :D

Thanks for letting me show off. I feel kind of guilty doing it, but I'm just so excited about my new wheels, and not many toys can get me this excited any more. :lol: Definately one of my holy grails.

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

If your that excited about getting them, there's nothing wrong with showing them off! Congrats on finally getting some super-sweet wheels! 8)

No I gotta get some!

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I'm Glad you like those wheels. They look really nice on your RC-10. I agree that every Vintage RC-10 should be wearing a set of tecnacrafts
Jim

badhoopty
Approved Member

Re: Just showin' off

Post by badhoopty »

MelvinsArmy wrote:I think the only thing I'm looking for now to complete my RC10 collection is a Technacraft aerofoil wing, and one just escaped me last week on ebay.
forgive me for not knowing, (at the time i was 'into' chicks and real cars...)
but i assume this is an aerofoil wing?
http://pics.montypics.com/badhoopty/2006-12-27/1167285180_aero_.jpg

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Yep, that's definately it. That's what I'm looking for. 8)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

MelvinsArmy wrote:Yep, that's definately it. That's what I'm looking for. 8)
trade ya a set of them wheels for it... :wink:

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

What a deal! :lol: :lol: :lol:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

well i wouldnt trade the wing for a set of wheels anyway. so neener neener get your own wing. :lol: :lol: