Custom Works Dominator

Post by Rattlesnaker »

Just picked up a Custom Works Dominator

ImageImageImage

rcdave2260
Approved Member

Re: Custom Works Dominator

Post by rcdave2260 »

thos are great and super fast the guy that owns costom works just lives about 1hr away they just started biulding the new dominator it belt

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

:lol: Tony Stewart doesn't live an hour from you, but Rob Cutman or Arnie Fie might :wink:

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

Never met Tony but his girl friend JZ is pretty nice and knows her way around a dirt track. It looks like they used her old colors and design on the CW Salem sprint body.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

I've "Hung" out with Tony a couple times at the US Openwheel Champs in 06' and 07', mostly he always had a small crowd around him at the track. My best Tony story is this-

2006 USOWC @ Coopers R/C Raceway in Chatham VA, A good friend of mine was practicing Mod EDM ( Fastest class period ) one of the CW drivers collects Solly on the track and destroys 1/2 of the body in process. Solly goes back to his pit, assesses the damage. Mean while the drivers registered in Mod Sprint are waiting In the long line to practice, Tony is 2 spaces behind me listening to his iPod. Solly writes up a bill for $425 dollars for sheet metal repair, graphics re wrap and labor- walks up to Tony who then looks up and takes his ear buds out. Solly hands him the bill and explained that one of his drivers wrecked his body in practice and he needed to pay it ( straight faced as well ) Tony looks him dead in the eyes and asks him if he crashed into him? Solly said no, but since Cooper ran for Tony it was his job to pay the bill. Tony threw the bill on the ground and told him to go talk to Coop, it wasn't his $%&*&% problem.

We spent a good portion of the night actually drinking and playing poker with Tony in one of his 2 Prevost busses.

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

I always enjoyed the Solly posts on dirtoval.com.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

And.....Tony eventually was forced to pay up. After being followed 600miles and two months later.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

My personal favorite car of all time. Looks like it will clean up nicely. :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

CUDDZILLA
Approved Member

Post by CUDDZILLA »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I've "Hung" out with Tony a couple times at the US Openwheel Champs in 06' and 07', mostly he always had a small crowd around him at the track. My best Tony story is this-

2006 USOWC @ Coopers R/C Raceway in Chatham VA, A good friend of mine was practicing Mod EDM ( Fastest class period ) one of the CW drivers collects Solly on the track and destroys 1/2 of the body in process. Solly goes back to his pit, assesses the damage. Mean while the drivers registered in Mod Sprint are waiting In the long line to practice, Tony is 2 spaces behind me listening to his iPod. Solly writes up a bill for $425 dollars for sheet metal repair, graphics re wrap and labor- walks up to Tony who then looks up and takes his ear buds out. Solly hands him the bill and explained that one of his drivers wrecked his body in practice and he needed to pay it ( straight faced as well ) Tony looks him dead in the eyes and asks him if he crashed into him? Solly said no, but since Cooper ran for Tony it was his job to pay the bill. Tony threw the bill on the ground and told him to go talk to Coop, it wasn't his $%&*&% problem.

We spent a good portion of the night actually drinking and playing poker with Tony in one of his 2 Prevost busses.
That's got to be one of the greatest stories I've ever read! EVER!

I always liked the fact that Tony ran in the U.S. Open Wheel Champs and liked the cars so well he bought the company.LOL. Mainly because I was following his career while he was running midgets and Silver Crown, and dirt Lates.

Really cool story thanks for sharing!(loved the pic as well)

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I've "Hung" out with Tony a couple times at the US Openwheel Champs in 06' and 07', mostly he always had a small crowd around him at the track. My best Tony story is this-

Would that be Chris Cooper? If so he races carpet oval at my local track. Nice guy and really fast driver.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

" Chocolate Thunder " Phil Cooper

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Charlie don't surf wrote:" Chocolate Thunder " Phil Cooper
he's a nice guy and a really fast driver too. known him for atleast 20 years now.