Old RC10, looking to rebuild.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC104ever
Approved Member

Re: Old RC10, looking to rebuild.

Post by RC104ever »

The wheels you have look exactly like mine on my car. You should be able to follow the link I posted about tires options. For the fronts, there really is only the Traxxas or I think Thunder Tiger 2.1" option and in the back you can go with the Losi Step pin 2.0" or stretch a Tamiya Hotshot 1.9" tire onto it.

Good luck with the rebuild, I love those graphite chassis cars, didn't even know they existed until I came here!
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

decontstructor wrote: I love the way you answer questions, it's like RC cars for dummies... lol, thank you!!!.
Sorry if this sounded insulting, that wasn't my purpose... I just wanted to help in the simplest, most understandable way... and the easiest way was to break it down in steps... hope this was still helpful :)
decontstructor wrote:
So from your multiple posts I gather that I can get my brushed motor reconditioned and use that with lipo's and my old ESC, seeing as the old motor won't pull to much of a draw that my ESC can't handle even though I'm giving it power from a lipo. Then when I am ready to upgrade to a new kit I'll already have the proper batteries and just need to replace the motor and ESC.
exactly :) Keep the investment level minimal for now then later you can spend like if there was no tomorrow :mrgreen:

Have fun
Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

decontstructor

Post by decontstructor »

Sorry I didn't realize there were more replies on here. Between work and family I've been really busy lately.

Lonestar,
It definitely wasn't insulting, I was being sincere. It was very helpful. I try to explain things in the same fashion so you know what you were explaining was understood completely. My wife finds it condescending sometimes but I do not. Its nice to not have to ask 100 questions.

As for my car I'll be putting B4 rims and tires on it all the way around. I went to my local hobby shop and dropped off my old brushless motor and ordered all the parts I need to get the rims to work on the Old RC10. I've also picked up a stealth transmission from eBay for $41 (us). I've put in a new servo for the steering that I got a good deal on. I will be getting a new radio too so I may just upgrade all the old electronics, my old ESC has diff connections then the newer servos and radios. I could probably just rewire some things, but I think I will end up upgrading the ESC and if I do that I'm thinking I might as well get a new motor at the same time.

I'm not sure about the ESC and motor yet, I'll have to see how things go. I'm really enjoying working on the car again and I appreciate everyone's help from the forums. This is an excellent site. Once I get everything installed and the car up and running again I'll post a new pic of the car.

Thanks again!