Pick your 5 and why?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Synergy
Approved Member

Pick your 5 and why?

Post by Synergy »

This question came to mind when composing another post and I thought it might make a good thread (I could be wrong :D )

Basically if you could only keep 5 of your models (cars) which ones would you keep and why? I would want to keep many more but I think 5 will really mean some of you are going to have to put some real thought into this.

So here's mine:-

Tamiya Cheetah / XR311 - My first real RC car.
Tamiya Astute - My first fully sponsored car and I just love them.
Kyosho Lazer ZX - A totally storming buggy however heavy it might have been.
Schumacher Pro Cat - My first Schumacher.
Yokomo Works 91 - So expensive back then it was almost unattainable and sooooo cool at least in the NE of England.

My main reason for this selection is entirely for sentimental reasons, of all the cars in my collection these are the ones that define my childhood / adolescent years, I owned them all and every one of them evokes a special memory of that time.

So come on share share, you never know we might learn something about you :wink:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

shodog
Approved Member

Re: Pick your 5 and why?

Post by shodog »

It would have to be these five

The SS is my first love. it was the first quality R/C I ever saw in real life. While I have other scorchers, this one could be built in the future and I would have everything to build it with.

This is my runner Rough Rider. I love this car eventhough the parts are less than stellar. It has graced pages in two different magazines so it's definetly a keeper.

This is my scratch built MIP 4wd scorcher. The parts are just too rare to give up.

I have spent more hours on this mountaineer than any other vehicle I have. It has working headlights, tailights, brake lights, turn signals and roll bar lights all built from ram and Tamiya lighting kits long before the MFU was a gleam in tamiya's drawing board. I spent an entire day just on the wiring harness alone.

Finally my MIP 4wd equipped graphite buggy. This has a whole load of rare hop ups that I wouldn't want to get rid of.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

8)
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

I Fixed the last one for you
shodog wrote:It would have to be these five

Nice collection.

MOmo

YZ-10
Approved Member

Post by YZ-10 »

Schumacher BossCat Works 93 - had few of these ages back, great cars.
Yokomo YZ-10 Pavidis Edition - awesome car, and still capable by todays standards.
Kyosho ZX-S Evo - rare as hens teeth, a must have.
Kyosho Turbo Burns - classic rallyx car i always wanted.
Mugen SuperSport 92 - i had the mugen's instead of kyosho back in the day, great cars.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

YZ-10 wrote:\Yokomo YZ-10 Pavidis Edition - awesome car, and still capable by todays standards.

Just curious what a Pavidis Edition is? Was it an actual model?

YZ-10
Approved Member

Post by YZ-10 »

Erich Reichert wrote:Just curious what a Pavidis Edition is? Was it an actual model?
1996: Yokomo YZ10 Worlds Car 'Mark Pavidis Edition'
A replica of the car that Mark Pavidis used to win the 1995 IFMAR World Championships. This model came with most of the options included in the box and with the purchase/addition of a few more option parts, the owner could indeed have a formidable replica of the same car Pavidis used. Based on the 1994 YZ10, the Worlds Edition came with a new lightweight milled chassis with improved battery location (cells could be shifted back and forth on the left hand side of the car), different upper deck mounting location, 15 Tooth Aluminium front one-way pulley (no slipper clutch though), lightweight milled front and rear A-arms, new carbon fibre upper deck and front and rear shock towers (same geometry as the YZ10 but different design), Team Associated hard anodised shocks and a new carbon fibre rear camber mount. Again a very popular car in the mid 1990's but the Team Losi XX4 wasn't to far away.
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3707

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Looks like I win, I've only got 5, so I get to keep them all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've got 2 running clodbusters, one additional set of clod axles to go with the Inet RC chassis I won, a Hilux, and a Fox.

I won't likely ever get rid of the clods. I'm considering selling the Inet chassis and spare axles. I really don't want to part with the Hilux because it's probably the most realistic scale chassis out there (all metal, no plastic like the current Hi Lift repro knock-off), but am still not sure what to do with it. The Fox I'm not attached to in any way, but it could be a fun little go-go car for giggles.

Now all I have to do is get some discretionary funds to put towards RC. :? :?
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

first up for me would be my midnight pumpkin. i got this new when i was 10. it's not going anywhere. :)
IMG_1532.JPG
IMG_1532.JPG (110.54 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
IMG_1532.JPG
IMG_1532.JPG (110.54 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
second would have to be my parma sport truck. i got this new when i was 11. it's not going anywhere, neither. :)
IMG_1436.JPG
IMG_1436.JPG (81.67 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
IMG_1436.JPG
IMG_1436.JPG (81.67 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
third would be my losi junior-t. although it's not the one i bought new in 91. this is the rc that got me in to racing. i still haven't touched it since i bought it a couple years ago. sorry for the bad pic. it is new built, never used, but quite dirty.
Pic099.JPG
Pic099.JPG (63.34 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
Pic099.JPG
Pic099.JPG (63.34 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
fourth would be my rc10 graphite team car. bought new in 92. the way the car looks in the pic is 95% correct to what it looked like the first time it hit the track. another one that will never go anywhere. :)
IMG_1720.JPG
IMG_1720.JPG (81.51 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
IMG_1720.JPG
IMG_1720.JPG (81.51 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
fifth would have to be my new built 6010 edinger queen. self explanatory. :wink:
IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1479.JPG (96.37 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1479.JPG (96.37 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
most of my list i'm keeping for sentimental reasons. the rest of the junk i have in my basement could go bye-bye. :lol:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

the 2nd toilet tuber i built. its just pvc but man i got ALOT of time in it, and it's a brute.

my hulkwerks rockcock rubicon. by far my favorite runner.

my hulkwerks tuber10. its just cool. ;)

my advance engineering sprinter. this was my first rc10 build after i rediscovered the hobby as an adult.
i remember lusting after a sprinter conversion at the lhs when i was a kid.

and after some thought, my mystery rc10 chassis.

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

Tamiya Monster Beatle – my fist real RC and the first one I paid with my hard earned money.
This is one I don’t currently have in my collection any more but one day I might.

Most of these cars I will keep for sentimental reasons also.
Good RC times.

These are the rest in my list. :mrgreen:
Attachments
RC10-gold-01.jpg
RC10 Team Car – my best racer at the time. I use to race 2 times a week back then and this car never gave up on me. I currently have a rebuilt version of my original.
RC10-gold-01.jpg (220.05 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
RC10 Team Car – my best racer at the time. I use to race 2 times a week back then and this car never gave up on me. I currently have a rebuilt version of my original.
RC10-gold-01.jpg (220.05 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
RC10T-01.jpg
RC10T - the original one, I race this one together with my Team Car and it helped me become a better driver. I Won the Caribbean islands Truck Nationals in Puerto Rico back in ‘91 (both stock and mod classes). I still have this one with a couple of upgrades.
RC10T-01.jpg (122.74 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
RC10T - the original one, I race this one together with my Team Car and it helped me become a better driver.  I Won the Caribbean islands Truck Nationals in Puerto Rico back in ‘91 (both stock and mod classes). I still have this one with a couple of upgrades.
RC10T - the original one, I race this one together with my Team Car and it helped me become a better driver. I Won the Caribbean islands Truck Nationals in Puerto Rico back in ‘91 (both stock and mod classes). I still have this one with a couple of upgrades.
RC10T-01.jpg (122.74 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
B2-BUILT-12.jpg
I will probable keep my RC10B2 because it was the last car I bought NIB when it came out. It has a very important role in the RC10 generation.
B2-BUILT-12.jpg (32.78 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
I will probable keep my RC10B2 because it was the last car I bought NIB when it came out.  It has a very important role in the RC10 generation.
I will probable keep my RC10B2 because it was the last car I bought NIB when it came out. It has a very important role in the RC10 generation.
B2-BUILT-12.jpg (32.78 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
RC10X-01.jpg
The last one would be a custom version of a RC10 I made. I crafter a chassis, shock towers, motor plate, chassis bracing and adapted a GT rear bulkhead. I am currently working on a new one that might take this ones place. We will see.
RC10X-01.jpg (38.22 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
The last one would be a custom version of a RC10 I made.  I crafter a chassis, shock towers, motor plate, chassis bracing and adapted a GT rear bulkhead. I am currently working on a new one that might take this ones place. We will see.
The last one would be a custom version of a RC10 I made. I crafter a chassis, shock towers, motor plate, chassis bracing and adapted a GT rear bulkhead. I am currently working on a new one that might take this ones place. We will see.
RC10X-01.jpg (38.22 KiB) Viewed 1612 times

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

First one would be my custom made tuber '10 restored with 90% new parts, it's just so special and I'm in the process of making it even more naughty :P

Second one would be my RPM rig, it's just so visionary in my mind and what is more, it is autographed by Richard Royall, the original conceptor

Next would be my "golden opportunity", got it for dirt cheap and restored it with brand new early"Edinger" parts, I'm in love with it

4th is my totally hopped-up Jrx-2, awesome competitor to the '10 back in the day, with great engineering...

Last one would probably my Schumacher Top Cat (though I would love to own a 1st gen. Ultima, my first R/C car), just because I had one as a kid and it was my first serious racer. Gotta love the F-1 style front end... Pic will come later on

YZ-10
Approved Member

Post by YZ-10 »

some real nice cars there guys

highwayracer
Approved Member

Post by highwayracer »

I've often asked myself this question. For the top 5, I would have to base it on sentimental value.

1. Losi Jrx-Pro - This is the car I use to race with (final version).
jrxpro2.jpg
jrxpro2.jpg (53.21 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
jrxpro2.jpg
jrxpro2.jpg (53.21 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
2. Losi Jrx-Pro - This is the car I use to race with (original version).
jrxpro1.jpg
jrxpro1.jpg (87.66 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
jrxpro1.jpg
jrxpro1.jpg (87.66 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
3. Kyosho Optima - My first good RC car. This is the final version of this car after many modifications.
optima.jpg
optima.jpg (44.49 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
optima.jpg
optima.jpg (44.49 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
4. Losi Jrx-T carpet racer / Project X - I built/engineered this truck from the ground up to compete at a local oval track.
project x.jpg
project x.jpg (73.89 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
project x.jpg
project x.jpg (73.89 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
5. This is a tough one but I chose my Tamiya Hornet. This was my first RC car.
hornet.jpg
hornet.jpg (74.33 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
hornet.jpg
hornet.jpg (74.33 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
Regards,
highwayracer