Groups

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bully
Approved Member

Re: Groups

Post by bully »

Mate the amount of things I have turned off the notifications for is crazy,just so I can take a back seat.. It's easy to get sucked in but it hasn't lasted long :mrgreen: fortunately :roll:

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

I deleted my personal FB account years ago because it was pointless. I recently created a new FB for pure purposes of marketing some of the items Niki and I are working on which is actually quite successful. We have gained a lot of attention from a wide RC audience with our recent FB attempts. You will never ever see me post one personal thing about myself there and everything I put there will be business/RC related in one form or fashion.

I have found that many people don't have the desire to build something without having everything in one location or box. I cannot tell you how many times someone has asked why the complete NIX91 could not be purchased from one person vs. buying the chassis kit, buying the shapeways parts then buying a roller to get the remaining parts needed. Most here know it is virtually impossible to do it unless I am willing to throw tens of thousands of dollars toward this kit production, The NIX91 does not have the following to make that worthwhile.

I would say I am guilty of being a stranger to the forum as well lately but then again I am not working on anything that caries real news at this moment. In the future yes, I do have some things in the works with Niki. Once I can sort out some recent/lingering machine issues I will start being much more active.

Jake

Jim85IROC
Approved Member

Post by Jim85IROC »

wow, lots of FB hate here. :lol:

I like FB. I use it a lot. I'm not looking for attention, and I don't need the ego boost. I just find it entertaining and interesting. I have a lot of hobbies, and a lot of interests. FB feeds them all at once, and with tremendous variety. When I load my feed, I get to see interesting RC-related stuff, firearm stuff, Camaro stuff, guitar stuff, and oodles of politics all at once without needing to seek it out. When something catches my eye, I click on it, and off I go.

I have no expectation that it'll replace my favorite forums for knowledge building and serious research, but that doesn't mean it doesn't serve a useful role in my daily dose of useless knowledge gathering.