Rc10 Worlds rere, who's building one?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Ewag

Rc10 Worlds rere, who's building one?

Post by Ewag »

My kit came a couple days ago, way earlier than I expected. It's pretty sweet.

MIKE VALENTINE
Approved Member

Re: Rc10 Worlds rere, who's building one?

Post by MIKE VALENTINE »

I built one a few weeks ago, not impressed.

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

MIKE VALENTINE wrote:I built one a few weeks ago, not impressed.
Why?

Twin Detonator
Approved Member

Post by Twin Detonator »

GodSpeed wrote:
MIKE VALENTINE wrote:I built one a few weeks ago, not impressed.
Why?
He's probably be a newb to the classic new build stuff, he's probably not used to it.
Lynn

MIKE VALENTINE
Approved Member

Post by MIKE VALENTINE »

Not impressed with the changes they made from the original car, gearbox (binding in gears, also doesn't allow the guys looking for gearboxes for mid motor cars a rere housing), A-Arms hinge pin holes are too large causing slopping suspension, slipper plates still hit motor plate screws, still didn't fix the height issue between the trans and the rear bulkhead, didn't make room to fit worlds battery hold down into rear bulkhead. I understand why they made changes, but don't understand why they addressed some of the issues and caused others. As for being a newb, I was building these kits when they were originally released. I would prefer an original kit to this one any day and not for its original status but for its quality. I'm grateful to AE for repro these cars so new racers and my son can enjoy the same cars I did over 20 years ago. I just would have preferred a more original repro, Just my .02

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

They are doing both cases mate a USA an new Worlds Car versions.. Try a top shaft spacer on your trans.. Should solve some of your issue..I believe the old actual factory tip was to angle down the batt brace in the rear to ease fitting.. Huge capacity lipo's will always be a pain in older stuff but i use that batt strap with the old bulkheads with lipos there just not huge mah.. Hope this helps

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

just finished my build and one of the first things I noticed was that the trans brace is almost perfectly level,i don't think I could even start to even be able to measure how far its off or not off its that un noticeable unless you are a perfectionist. ive built many rc10's and ive always had to put a 1mm plastic spacer on each side of the bulkhead to offset the gross amount of difference in height between the trans side and the bulkhead side. battery brace issue is spot on with what bully said...I have a venom 5000mah 20c in it at the moment and the brace fits perfect and that's without the sanding down the edge trick that is pointed out in the manual,if I put higher capacity lipos then It does start to get tight for sure and its to be expected. the suspension arm play is normal and not excessive in any way...in fact I think its tighter than any arms ive ever ever encountered. the binding in the gearbox and slipper hub hitting?....its there but I expected there to be non perfection in this build. with these qualms that consumers have with a "new" product they make changes or adjustments in future parts runs...its the nature of the beast. only issue I have with the car is the fact that associated made it out that they made some enormous change to the bulkhead to fit lipos,when it fact they just did what we have been doing for years and cut out the bottom of the bulkhead :lol: :roll: and of course the lack of tires is a bit upsetting. over all I cant wait to hit the track Friday night in stock buggy and punt around a bunch of b4.2's with my heavy ass worlds car :mrgreen:
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

bought 2 complete chassis kits off ebay so going to do a couple builds since i really dont like the complete kit or have the money for one or 2 lol.

Patiofurnituregt
Approved Member

Post by Patiofurnituregt »

GoldRush wrote:just finished my build and one of the first things I noticed was that the trans brace is almost perfectly level,i don't think I could even start to even be able to measure how far its off or not off its that un noticeable unless you are a perfectionist. ive built many rc10's and ive always had to put a 1mm plastic spacer on each side of the bulkhead to offset the gross amount of difference in height between the trans side and the bulkhead side. battery brace issue is spot on with what bully said...I have a venom 5000mah 20c in it at the moment and the brace fits perfect and that's without the sanding down the edge trick that is pointed out in the manual,if I put higher capacity lipos then It does start to get tight for sure and its to be expected. the suspension arm play is normal and not excessive in any way...in fact I think its tighter than any arms ive ever ever encountered. the binding in the gearbox and slipper hub hitting?....its there but I expected there to be non perfection in this build. with these qualms that consumers have with a "new" product they make changes or adjustments in future parts runs...its the nature of the beast. only issue I have with the car is the fact that associated made it out that they made some enormous change to the bulkhead to fit lipos,when it fact they just did what we have been doing for years and cut out the bottom of the bulkhead :lol: :roll: and of course the lack of tires is a bit upsetting. over all I cant wait to hit the track Friday night in stock buggy and punt around a bunch of b4.2's with my heavy ass worlds car :mrgreen:
The top of the battery cup on the bulkhead was also raised up as much as possible without then changing the rear shock tower and such to fit. This was done to squeeze out a little bit more roomand then out of necessity the bottom was removed, since most LiPo batteries now days are bigger than NiCds. I don't know if it was ever really hyped up to be a HUGE change made to it, but it was just addressed to ensure LiPos fit easily.
Tim Tunnermann
Team Associated Design Engineer
Team Associated | |Reedy | XP Digital | JConcepts | Futaba | Makita | Kicker | LiveRC

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

my new top shaft is on its way....hopefully it fits better than the one that came in the kit....if not I have a spacer on the way and will modify it to work....kinda weird having to even consider modifying a brand new assembled kit to get it to work correctly. I hope associated keeps re issuing their cars and hopfully trucks....im holding out for an rc10 graphite and an rc10 ds....hint to associated....please include the rear motor guard in the graphite kit this time around :wink:
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

GoldRush wrote:....hint to associated....please include the rear motor guard in the graphite kit this time around :wink:
It was included in the Graphite Team Car

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

would be nice to see the graphite team car for sure....maybe they will do both?....we can only cross our toes

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

GoldRush wrote: my heavy ass worlds car :mrgreen:
Nice to see you back GoldRush :)

Hey...what do you mean heavy? My gold pan re-re is barely at legal weight. Lighter than any TLR 22 I've seen :)
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

it did pretty good against the 4.1's,4.2's and even a few b5m's....it is heavy though...definitely heavier than the other buggies on the track for sure.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

What is your car coming in @, here is mine:

--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com