Schumacher Fireblade 2000

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

CAT3K
Approved Member

Schumacher Fireblade 2000

Post by CAT3K »

I've hardly had any time recently to get any of my projects complete, but after nearly 4 years this one is finished (ish)

I've had this Fireblade 2000 a quite a while. I felt it needed a rebuild so while I was at it, I decided to throw every optional extra part I had at it :lol:

It's got the full carbon chassis set (I think this one might be the carpet chassis) plus all carbon towers. I fitted the visco drive, hardened alloy idler gear, alloy caster blocks, titanium turnbuckles, alloy shock bottoms, purple chassis gates and a new body set.

It's a bit purple overkill, but I like it :D I thought about painting it, but this one is prettier underneath the shell.

Paul.

knixdad
Approved Member

Re: Schumacher Fireblade 2000

Post by knixdad »

Those front shocks look so Avante-ish.
I miss brushed motors in that hazy, everything seemed better when I was a kid, kind of way.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

It's a bit purple overkill, but I like it
There is no such thing as too much purple :mrgreen:
Stunning kit there, Schumachers are from a design standpoint one of my favorite manufacturers
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I would definitely say I'm fine with purple too, I think it looks great. I love that body, too.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Wow! You sprung that one on us! What a beauty... & all those rare option parts! :shock: 8)

The Fireblade series of cars wasn't very popular amongst racers at the time - but that only adds to the intrigue & rarity factor. The '2000' Fireblade was the first of the F.B series & followed the Cat2000EC with the laydown shock design. My 'B' Team drive co-insided with the release of the Fireblade 'USA' model with the more upright shocks... then later-on an EVO model with the squarer boxy bodyshell. I like the fact that this is the original version with all the 'low C of G' features that were claimed to be revolutionary at the time & the nicer bodyshell. The Fireblades I drove kinda felt less pure in design & some elements seemed... dare I say bodged... in the end the later cars were little different to a Cougar 2K :| I love all the purple bits too - my cars were also loaded with all the 'Speed Secret' options (except the carbon chassis) - those purple chrome chassis gates were purely aesphetic as they were still plastic! - I had matching purple aerial holder & servo mounts.... you need to find some of those for this car Paul :D

urpaldan
Approved Member

Post by urpaldan »

That's really stunning mate 8)

Typpo
Approved Member

Post by Typpo »

Very nice. Did you use the CVDs (U2213) or the universal driveshafts (U1915)?

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

Thanks for the comments guys.
DerbyDan wrote: I had matching purple aerial holder & servo mounts.... you need to find some of those for this car Paul :D
The purple aerial holder is quite hard to find now :? Although, I just checked and Schumacher are still showing the purple servo mounts in stock :)

I know what you mean about the popularity of the Fireblade series, they just didn't do it for Schumacher. I suppose it's because the XX and B2's were doing well on the UK tracks when the car was released. It's a strange fact, but the Fireblade series was Schumachers main 2wd buggy for a longer time than the Cougar series :shock: (If you count the years between the EVO2 and when the Cougar SV was released :wink: )

I like the original 2000 Fireblade the best for the reasons you mention, the laydown shocks and the low CofG nature of it. I think it worked well on the traditional grass tracks, but when off road became "jumpy" the laydown just didn't cut it and the taller shocks and towers came in.
Typpo wrote:Very nice. Did you use the CVDs (U2213) or the universal driveshafts (U1915)?
The car uses the UJ's (U1915) Those were the ones that originally came with the buggy. The CVD's didn't come in until the Fireblade EVO a few years later. Although I think I might have some of the CVD's kicking about here somewhere.

Paul.