Tekin RS Pro on 1s

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

filzemail
Approved Member

Tekin RS Pro on 1s

Post by filzemail »

I just acquired a Tekin RS Pro to run 1/12th scale 1s, 17.5 class. This esc works fine when using 2s, senses, chimes everything works right away.
When hooked up to 1s on hotwire, there are no chimes when setting up radio and only led's 1 and 2, and 6 and 7 flash. The motor is not the wrong type(works on 2s fine) set correctly, forward, brake. Optimized for 1s, no lipo cutoff default set.
Is this esc screwed up as far as 1s is concerned? Help.

illshou
Approved Member

Re: Tekin RS Pro on 1s

Post by illshou »

I run the very same esc on 1s. When using 1s you need to run a seperate reciever pack or it will not work. I use a very small 2s lipo pack from hobbypartz rated at 350 mah to power the reciever. Leave the esc switch in the off position and plug in the reciever pack and your good to go.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

this is what you want, a booster. way lighter and smaller then a rec pack.

http://www.tqcells.com/TQBOOSTER.htm

filzemail
Approved Member

Post by filzemail »

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a TQ booster and with it the servo is working correctly. I read the TQ site ad and it says to leave the esc switch in the off position. My switch was removed and wires soldered, should this joint be broken? The site also says to turn the switch on to maintain lipo cutoff feature? Is this where my problem is?? My LRP must be disconnected to reprogram. Have tried different software versions and default settings without lipo cutoff. This is new to me, the last time I ran a 1/12th was when nmh batteries came on the scene, brushless and lipos were not available yet. I use an RS in my 22 without problems on 2s but 1s is screwing with me here.
regards
Philip

filzemail
Approved Member

Post by filzemail »

Thanks again everyone for your help. I think after reading 200-300 posts on 1s powered RS Pro, I am finally getting the idea. Use the booster to power the entire receiver and use the cable from the esc into channel two (booster in aux powered from 1s, switch in off position) My good old Corrally rides again.
regards
Philip