Best Board for Non-Vintage R/C

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Kobur
Approved Member

Best Board for Non-Vintage R/C

Post by Kobur »

So this board is mainly for vintage RC10, etc., so I was wondering where do you go for non-vintage forums?
Kobur
RC10T2-Futaba MC210CB, FP-R112JE, FP-S148, Futaba Magnum Sport, FlySky FS-GT3B & FS-GTR 3
Arrma Granite, Traxxas Bandit TQ Brushed (kid's cars);
RC18B2 w/Mamba Micro Pro/5300kV Castle Creations 0808 Motor;
RC10B4.1 RTR w/ SC500BL ESC & Reedy 3300kv motor

RC10th
Approved Member

Re: Best Board for Non-Vintage R/C

Post by RC10th »

Not to plug other forums but Radio Control Car Action used to be a hive of activity when RC was at its peak, but now tumble weeds visit the forum.

I think RC Tech is the most popular currently.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

There are many guys here that race modern cars and have many years of race craft under their belts! Good info in the Tech section!

Out side or RC10Talk try NeoBuggy.net or RCTech!

Kobur
Approved Member

Post by Kobur »

slotcarrod wrote:There are many guys here that race modern cars and have many years of race craft under their belts! Good info in the Tech section!

Out side or RC10Talk try NeoBuggy.net or RCTech!
I actually like the forums here, but thought that non-vintage was kind of always off-topic, so I didn't want to post questions that were out of place/unwelcome. Where on this would I post questions like "Why would the servo on the Arrma Granite starte rotating past the normal end point and jamming the linkage to the bell crank?" Or would I need to go to another forum for that type of thing?
Kobur
RC10T2-Futaba MC210CB, FP-R112JE, FP-S148, Futaba Magnum Sport, FlySky FS-GT3B & FS-GTR 3

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Sounds like the pot in the servo is faulty, needs a new servo. Could be other reasons but the pot not sensing correctly could cause it to do that. I remember doing just that to a futaba servo once by using a screw that was too long. It blew the pot apart and the servo just wigged out.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Kobur
Approved Member

Post by Kobur »

gomachv wrote:Sounds like the pot in the servo is faulty, needs a new servo. Could be other reasons but the pot not sensing correctly could cause it to do that. I remember doing just that to a futaba servo once by using a screw that was too long. It blew the pot apart and the servo just wigged out.
Nothing was done to this truck until the problems developed, so I'm sure it's just a faulty servo. I was not impressed with the strength or speed of the steering to begin with, but then it just went haywire. Any recommendations on a replacement servo? The dimensions appear to be identical to the Futaba S148 on my old RC10T2.

Also, I sincerely want to know if issues like this have a particular forum in which they should be posted or if they belong on another board entirely. I've really enjoyed RC10Talk and prefer to post here if its appropriate.
Kobur

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I find the people here are pretty knowledgeable about modern RC. Plus, I'd rather not have to search through a topic with 300 pages to find the nugget of info I need, which is the case at RCTech. There's a few very knowledgeable people there and a lot of kids, and unfortunately the site can be best classified as "information overload".
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

There is a forum here for this question but honestly when I come on I just look at all the new threads- I don't care where they are. Now, it's nice to have that organization when searching so don't get me wrong, but if you post in the wrong area one of the mods will move it, and you will still get your answer 8)

I'd pop the s148 in it if your not using it. They were an ok servo bitd and if you already have it just start saving up for a good one for when the gears go in the futaba
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Kobur
Approved Member

Post by Kobur »

gomachv wrote:I'd pop the s148 in it if your not using it. They were an ok servo bitd and if you already have it just start saving up for a good one for when the gears go in the futaba
Unfortunately the S148 is dead, the gears having stripped only about a week before the Arrma went haywire. Can't complain about the S148 though, since that car must be close to 20 years old.
Kobur

Kobur
Approved Member

Post by Kobur »

Coelacanth wrote:I find the people here are pretty knowledgeable about modern RC. Plus, I'd rather not have to search through a topic with 300 pages to find the nugget of info I need, which is the case at RCTech. There's a few very knowledgeable people there and a lot of kids, and unfortunately the site can be best classified as "information overload".
I've found that the people here are not only knowledgeable, but friendly and helpful too. I found this board when I asked a question on another board and a person who appeared to know the answer didn't really answer fully, but directed me here. I appreciated the referral in the long-run, but would have been happy with the answer. Hard to explain, but just felt like I was being given the brush-off.

Here, it's been just the opposite.
Kobur

Groomi
Approved Member

Post by Groomi »

Oople.com is quite a good format and usually helpful, although I'd second the comment about this place being more friendly.
Using my son as an excuse to relieve my youth. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/MuzzoomModels

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Groomi wrote:Oople.com is quite a good format and usually helpful, although I'd second the comment about this place being more friendly.
I love OOPLE. Even though I am from the US, I dig the conversations over there.

I agree, as a Racer, I like RCTech. I think its intention and purpose IS more Technical and geared for racers. but like any public forum, its full of opinions and everyone has one. HOPEfully people are smart enough to weed thru the crap and find quality information.

MOmo

SRTracer121
Approved Member

Post by SRTracer121 »

i frequent a few sites and the way i figure, places like here, rctech, and oople i go to learn. everywhere else is just to shoot the breeze.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Be careful "learning" at rctech....lots of guys that know tons and tons of nothing.

SRTracer121
Approved Member

Post by SRTracer121 »

dont i know it....