New RC10 Racer

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Panhead383
Approved Member

New RC10 Racer

Post by Panhead383 »

Here is my 13.5 class racer. Built with tips and tricks from here and some of my own. Thanks to JDUB for the killer shock towers! Just waiting on servo and receiver to come in. Should have here on the track for next week races.
Attachments
DSCN4460.JPG
DSCN4453.JPG
DSCN4456.JPG
DSCN4458.JPG
DSCN4455.JPG
DSCN4454.JPG
DSCN4457.JPG
DSCN4451.JPG
DSCN4450.JPG

BajaDale

Re: New RC10 Racer

Post by BajaDale »

Is that the stealth trans with the B4.1 slipper and upper shaft?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Yup, they are drop in. Same shaft.

Looks very good! If you find the handling not exactly to your liking after a while, try switching to the standard offset Thunder Tiger Phoenix BX 2 rear rims and the Duratrax Evader front wheels with standard axles. Really made my car come alive from the center of the corner out.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I agree about the wheels, I fought handling for quite a while until I went back to "stock" style wheels. Now the car is awesome, much better than the driver.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Nice buggy!

BajaDale

Post by BajaDale »

On my RC10T I went with 3/16x3/8 bearings in the rear hubs and new style rear CVD axles. That way I can run T4.1 wheels and tires. Worked pretty awesome! We have a vintage series here In Kamloops, Canada and like to see what little tricks I can use on my vintage stuff! This build looks awesome!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

BajaDale wrote:On my RC10T I went with 3/16x3/8 bearings in the rear hubs and new style rear CVD axles. That way I can run T4.1 wheels and tires. Worked pretty awesome! We have a vintage series here In Kamloops, Canada and like to see what little tricks I can use on my vintage stuff! This build looks awesome!
The wheel offset never changed from the 10t all the way through the T4.2- kinda neat fact 8)

Panhead383
Approved Member

Post by Panhead383 »

I finally got out to SRS to race this last night. What a great night. 12 entrees in 13.5 buggy. I TQ the first round by hair of my neck. Round 2 i was knocked out and lined up 3rd on the grid for the main. First lap i jumped out to a early lead. Then lap 7, I was passed and held 2nd for the the remainder. With 28 sec left i got by for one more. Had a 9 sec lead on 3rd. Went into the wagon wheel a little too hot and car flew sideways. These old guys dont fly to well as the b4.2's do. Landed on the right rear and snapped the ball cup in half........man was I bummed. Should of just laid back and took 2nd buy went for the win. What a fun race as everyone there had there eyes on my car. One thing i can say is this bad boy is a pig! In means that the handling is much different that the later models. I was able to throw some whips off the doubles and to my surprise reacted well. The one thing i like about the light front end is you can scrub jumps hard. Took a battery to get use to but once figured out i was pinned headed toward the face of jumps. Man so pumped about my results.

People kept coming up to me and asking about the car since i am 30 years old, they never expected my interest in these old rides. But i did get numerous racers asking to take it for a lap. I did let SRS owner Adam run it as well as a buddy. Both were blown away on how good it is and could be..

This thing is dialed. The front axle combo is spot on. GT wide axles work great with B4 wheels. I had to dial down the steering expo because of too much steering. The rear was hooked as well. Ran Jconcepts doubleD's and grooves up front.. I added zero weight to the car and put a best guess setup in it. Works great! The front does need small changes but a day of practice I can correct it.

I took cell phone pics but the file is too large to download. Anyone know how to correct that so i can post my race pics?