rc10 bomber

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

knucklebuster
Approved Member

rc10 bomber

Post by knucklebuster »

Long time no post... no builds. The real world has kept me busy. Sorry, I don't have any build pics. Imagine a severly beaten but straight black b stamp chassis, gold nose and lots of spare parts. The chassis was sanded and the parts were died black.

I am planning to run this in a local bomber class. The track is a clay banked oval. I still need to pic up a bomber body. I envy all the painters out there... I learned along time ago I can only paint a one color scheme. I plan to use the Devil's Bowl body if it will fit over the rear shock tower.

I set up the rear with 1.02 shocks, gold springs and 30 weight oil. I think a silver or green spring may be better. B2 CVDs, 3 degree 10T carriers, Phoenix rears and B4 fronts. Stock front shocks, silver springs and 30 weight oil. The only real hop up is the Houge steering.

The class runs 13.5 brushless. I plan to pick up a 13.5 as my 5700 is a little too fast. Currently set up with a Cyclone and 12x2 Reedy.

Any set up help from the dirt oval crowd would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_0422 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
IMG_0423 (800x600) (640x480) (2).jpg
IMG_0424 (600x800) (480x640).jpg
IMG_0420 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
IMG_0421 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
IMG_0419 (800x600) (640x480).jpg

Russ Winn
Approved Member

Re: rc10 bomber

Post by Russ Winn »

You're off to a nice start. I was looking to set up one of mine to run dirt oval, and was debating SC10 front axles and knuckles (mostly for the tire/wheel choices.)

I see you're from Florida. Where are you looking to race?
The older I get, the faster I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyGKBTUJ-L0

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Heh how's the offset of the front with the B4 wheels mounted inside out like that? Would be funny if thats all it took to get the same offset as the old wheels and nobody tried it before. :wink:

Here's a good discussion on RC10 dirt oval set-up:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27077

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Thanks Russ. I'm in Tampa and plan to run over at SS Hobbies. I wanted to make it over to the RC Asylum to check things out. I recall a couple of guys on the board running old school on an indoor off road track.

Phin, thanks for the link. The offset is pretty much the same as the stock wide arms and stock rims. I will post a pic, probably later than sooner.

Russ Winn
Approved Member

Post by Russ Winn »

I've never been to SS hobbies. I'm in Winter Haven, and Yupers is building a new track on US92 in Auburndale. They're supposed to have the first run tomorrow, so I'm going to find out what's popular there, since the wife gave me the go-ahead (and a blank check) to get back into racing again.

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Russ Winn wrote:I've never been to SS hobbies. I'm in Winter Haven, and Yupers is building a new track on US92 in Auburndale. They're supposed to have the first run tomorrow, so I'm going to find out what's popular there, since the wife gave me the go-ahead (and a blank check) to get back into racing again.
My job requires that I drive throughout Hillsborough, Manatee, Polk, Hardee and Highlands counties. I'll try and find the track next time I'm out that way. Let me know how it pans out.

My wife gave me the green light along time ago... she is a wise woman who knows the hobby keeps me out of trouble.

Russ Winn
Approved Member

Post by Russ Winn »

It's on US92 about a mile from the Polk toll road, going towards Lakeland on the right. If you're not looking, you'll miss it. I just happened to see it one evening while passing by. I heard they had another track in Lakeland, and moved to the new location.

I haven't raced dirt oval in over 20 years, and I'm looking forward to it. My technology level is also about 20years outdated, and I've been trying to educate myself on brushless and Lipos, so I can take the plunge. I just don't care for the new cars, and would rather run a gold pan.

I'm not a fan of offroad, but I went to the Asylum once, and was amazed at how the technology has changed. The track seemed to be designed for 1/8 gas, but they ran a vintage class there. I met Ruffy and a couple of other members there. It was great watching a bunch of gold pans racing again.

It sounds like our wives went to the same school of male-management. :lol: Have a good evening.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Shorty got low low low low low low low... Nice! Those photos are kinda spooky too. :mrgreen: Or I just have Halloween hysteria... :twisted:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Shorty got low low low low low low low... Nice! Those photos are kinda spooky too. :mrgreen: Or I just have Halloween hysteria... :twisted:
Yeah BOY! (my best Flavor Flav). Thanks!

I had a 10 year old Sony 5 mega pixel digital camera that died not long ago. I just bought a cheap Canon 16 mega pixel. The Sony took MUCH better pictures :?
Attachments
IMG_0417 (800x600) (640x480).jpg

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

knucklebuster wrote:I had a 10 year old Sony 5 mega pixel digital camera that died not long ago. I just bought a cheap Canon 16 mega pixel. The Sony took MUCH better pictures :?
I meant it as a compliment! 8) Straight up "Cooooome backkkk herrrrre rrrrrraaaabbbbiiiit!" 8) Seriously! :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
knucklebuster wrote:I had a 10 year old Sony 5 mega pixel digital camera that died not long ago. I just bought a cheap Canon 16 mega pixel. The Sony took MUCH better pictures :?
I meant it as a compliment! 8) Straight up "Cooooome backkkk herrrrre rrrrrraaaabbbbiiiit!" 8) Seriously! :D
Too funny. No harm, no foul. I didn't think you were criticizing, I'm pissed about my $100 camera!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

That last one you threw in is Kick-Ass! Black and White Low Profile RC10 fading into a grey background! 8) Hello wallpaper!! 8)
Ken

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:That last one you threw in is Kick-Ass! Black and White Low Profile RC10 fading into a grey background! 8) Hello wallpaper!! 8)
Thanks! When you said "lo lo lo" I realized I didn't upload my favorite pic!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

knucklebuster wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:That last one you threw in is Kick-Ass! Black and White Low Profile RC10 fading into a grey background! 8) Hello wallpaper!! 8)
Thanks! When you said "lo lo lo" I realized I didn't upload my favorite pic!
Flo Rida. 8)
Ken

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

You got the right tires for hard packed clay, you have the ride height for the cg. So you are good there. Now if you want more than old 30's mod coupe type body Gary at McAllister racing has some nice bodys that will fit the car nicely. Also I would suggest buying a spring kit so that you can work the setup and fine tune it.

Phin is right, the topic he linked to is steller for DO knowledge. Gl to ya and hope to see more from ya.

Last thing. Get some of the liquid mask and some good tape and you will be doing multi colors before you know it.

Another thing I just thought of that would help tremendously if the rules will allow it check out the link.......................

http://www.speedysracingparts.com/RC10_StreetStocks_latemodel.htm
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!