Project RC10 T3

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

T Diddy

Project RC10 T3

Post by T Diddy »

OK...so everyone was right...After fixing up and bringing the not quite dead, but close, back to life...VERY difficult to sell...so while I am enjoying the greenie and wondering if I will sell, I found this beauty in the garage. So it is my next project. Not only am I cleaning up stuff and making room in the garage, I am having a blast. I went ahead and ordered all new hardware, I learned the hard way that it is not fun. They even still make bodies for it so I have one coming too. I might even turn this one brushless/lipo???? Not quite old school, but getting close.

T.
Attachments
RC10 T3 4.jpg
RC10 T3 3.jpg
RC10 T3 2.jpg
RC10 T3 1.jpg

bbbs53

Re: Project RC10 T3

Post by bbbs53 »

This and the B version are as good as the 4's that replaced them. It is amazing what parts and improved parts are still available. In the market they are pretty inexpensive platform, but with a good wheely wheel it will go like the wind brushless, really fast. It made a believer out of me.

T Diddy

Post by T Diddy »

Hey thanks for writing. I was having a heck of a time getting the pin out of the gear shaft and the drive hubs were way worse than I first thought. Since I want to go brushless/lipo in my drivers anyway, I figured I would just start with this one, after reading your comment. So I ordered a new T4 tranny and clutch...takes care of my problems and will start me on my way. I bought my wife a new shotgun, so she is not watching what I do!!! I am still going to sell the greenie at some point...it is sweet and looks pretty awesome, but I just can't convince myself of a truck I never want to run. Someone else can shelf it. So this one has now taken a turn for the wallet. I need ideas for everything. I have nothing but old school esc, battery, charger, radio, receiver....the works...I know I want 2.4ghz, and lipo, other than that, I need help. All advice welcome. I want this thing super fast, cuz my wife might start taking at shots at it, and I need to out run...she is fast. :)
Thanks,
T.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

T Diddy wrote: I bought my wife a new shotgun, so she is not watching what I do!!! So this one has now taken a turn for the wallet.
:shock: not necessarily a good combination there T. :lol:

But seriously if you stick around long enuf for b/s/t access you'll have no problem peddling greenie there.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

T Diddy

Post by T Diddy »

Yeah Todd...I probably didn't think it all through very well...so far it has worked...but she does give me a look as she is cleaning her gun....I try not to dwell....but it is coming along...waiting for some T4.1 shocks...put some placeholders on for now...looks much better...just need to start learning about brushless...I know nothing! But I would like to make this or my other T3 and my wife's 10T into fast brushless runners. I have no lipo, charger experience. So read I must. It has been fun. Mostly done with stuff I had...needed new screws...but it sure beats takin up space....Any and all suggestions welcomed and appriciated.
Thanks,
T.

Last one was just for fun...part of the arsenal!!!....The 10T at the end is the girlies!
Attachments
The Team.JPG
After.JPG
After 1.JPG

peetbee
Approved Member

Post by peetbee »

That's cleaned up nicely:)
I still wish I hadn't sold my T3

T Diddy

Post by T Diddy »

Thank you....I actually really like the T3...pretty light and tight. I hope the shocks come in soon. Then it is on to electronics.
T.

T Diddy

Post by T Diddy »

OK, shocks came in and I "painted" the body...WOW...I have not painted in forever. I was not comfortable using my airbrush...just been way too long...but now I have ANOTHER project. I have never used masks before so I thought I would give it a try. Pretty much the only part that worked...but I think it looks pretty cool. I looked at the painting section here and know some people aren't into all the flames and graphics, but I've never done it so I thought I would give it a try. And I can't paint like some of the stuff I've seen here, so please...have a heart! :lol: But now I am looking for electronics...want to go brushless...I've been reading and I have to say so much of it is way over my head. So any info, links, good reads, or suggestions are appreciated. Until I learn about all the new speed controls ect, I am going to start rebuilding the girlies 10T.
Thanks,
T.
Attachments
RC10T3 Painted 2.jpg
10T3 Painted 1.jpg

lilpanther
Approved Member

Post by lilpanther »

That cleaned up really well. I actually like the body, I painted a body in a similar way for my E-Revo I used to have so I am kinda partial to those colors. Is that green RC10T powder coated?

T Diddy

Post by T Diddy »

Hi, thanks...the colors are nice and bright so it is easy to see coming and going. And yes, the 10T is powder coated lime green.
T.

socal jared
Approved Member

Post by socal jared »

nice job on bringing the 'ol b3 back to life, I am contemplating doing the same with mine. thanks for posting

T Diddy

Post by T Diddy »

socal jared wrote:nice job on bringing the 'ol b3 back to life, I am contemplating doing the same with mine. thanks for posting
Thanks, it was fun...and quite a bit easier than the 10T....I really do like T3s. I remember when it came out and was all composite and so different than the other's I had...I knew I had to have it. It was so light and fast. I am building it to run it and maybe even take it to the track and race. I haven't raced in 15 - 20 years, so I won't win...but I will scare the beegezzus out of everyone...but only because they will have to duck and jump to get out of the way of maniac with a super fast truck that he can't really drive! :twisted: And that is part of the fun. So YES!!! Bring your T3 back to life...you will be glad you did.
T