FS-GT3B 2.4G 3CH Gun Transmitter reviews?

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Karpouzian
Approved Member

FS-GT3B 2.4G 3CH Gun Transmitter reviews?

Post by Karpouzian »

Has anyone used this radio or rcvrs enough to provide a decent review?

nvxwax
Approved Member

Re: FS-GT3B 2.4G 3CH Gun Transmitter reviews?

Post by nvxwax »

I just got one and a bunch of receivers for my crawler/scaler trucks, I like it, seems to be an awesome radio for the money.

link below has a bunch of reviews on it

http://www.nitrorcx.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html?gclid=CLvGxszl960CFcnc4Aod4Ud4tg

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Timely question! I just worked with mine for the first time with my Barney project (Kyosho Turbo Optima, Bullistorm 60A ESC, Tacon 11.5T brushless/sensorless motor). I finally got things mostly setup but not without some frustration--the frustration was not with the radio so much as trying to find understandable information on how to set it up.

Mine didn't come with a manual so I downloaded one. The Chinglish was rather hard to understand. It didn't help that I was setting up the Bullistorm ESC for the first time too, and the Chinglish in that manual wasn't any better. So I ended up Googling info and had to dig through--what--150 pages, more?--of useless blah-blah-blah over on RCTech.net before finding a few nuggets of setup wisdom...

After binding (the manual calls it "matching" for some inexplicable reason) the Tx to the Rx, I had issues with my ESC not going into reverse, even when I manually programmed it to. This was resolved by making sure both channels on the Tx are set to "REV". The manual says you need to do this for Futaba transmitters, so I didn't think it was required for a FlySky. How silly of me! :? Once I did that, everything worked fine. I like that the radio can be setup for multiple cars.

Without decent documentation, figuring out the controls and how to adjust things took 10 or 15 minutes of fiddling and pressing and trial & error before I understood how things worked. The manual is practically useless, to be honest. But what do you expect for that price for something made in China? But once you get it all working, you'll probably be glad, as me, that you got something that works so well for that cheap.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Karpouzian
Approved Member

Post by Karpouzian »

Great to hear that you did eventually figure it out ;) I still end up fiddling and pushing buttons for 20 min even with crystal clear instructions ;)

I may pm you after I get it for some avice if you don't mind...
Coelacanth wrote:Timely question! I just worked with mine for the first time with my Barney project (Kyosho Turbo Optima, Bullistorm 60A ESC, Tacon 11.5T brushless/sensorless motor). I finally got things mostly setup but not without some frustration--the frustration was not with the radio so much as trying to find understandable information on how to set it up.

Mine didn't come with a manual so I downloaded one. The Chinglish was rather hard to understand. It didn't help that I was setting up the Bullistorm ESC for the first time too, and the Chinglish in that manual wasn't any better. So I ended up Googling info and had to dig through--what--150 pages, more?--of useless blah-blah-blah over on RCTech.net before finding a few nuggets of setup wisdom...

After binding (the manual calls it "matching" for some inexplicable reason) the Tx to the Rx, I had issues with my ESC not going into reverse, even when I manually programmed it to. This was resolved by making sure both channels on the Tx are set to "REV". The manual says you need to do this for Futaba transmitters, so I didn't think it was required for a FlySky. How silly of me! :? Once I did that, everything worked fine. I like that the radio can be setup for multiple cars.

Without decent documentation, figuring out the controls and how to adjust things took 10 or 15 minutes of fiddling and pressing and trial & error before I understood how things worked. The manual is practically useless, to be honest. But what do you expect for that price for something made in China? But once you get it all working, you'll probably be glad, as me, that you got something that works so well for that cheap.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Good to know on the chinglish and manual, at least I'll go in with my eyes open on it when I buy one for my son's B4.

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Hey guys,

I've had one for almost a year now, and went through the modding process on one of them figuring that if it broke, well its cheap enough to replace.

Here is what I've found and the comments are compared to my old Futaba Magnum Jr. (75 mhz) and my Spektrum DX3S:

1. Range is comparable to both, with no obvious glitching or other issues.
2. Has lots of good features such as reversible servos, 10 model memory
3. Is similar in weight and feel to the old Magnum because of the 8 AA's required
4. Overall finish and plastics are actually quite good (seriously)
5. Receiver is impossibly small, especially compared to the brick AM one I have and even compared to the new 3300T from Spektrum
6. Display is great as long as there is no direct sunlight. DO NOT attempt to remove the polarizing film, it cracks easily (ask me how I know). It is possible for some guys to remove the film inside and flip it to turn the display from blue to black and white though.
7. Steering trim is quite limited - but can be modded to extend it or you can even purchase it that way from one of the guys on rctech.net (whose name and website escapes me now).
8. Throttle trigger is, to put it mildly, cheap feeling and in the initial tip in, a bit clunky. But as a basher radio for kids or yourself, it is just fine. I don't know that I would race with it (not that I've raced before) but it is the ultimate basher radio.

Bottom line: Incredible value in a NEW 2.4 ghz radio WITH receiver that will work great in just about any situation and has enough custom features to give even a more demanding enthusiast the customization you want. I would rate it a 4 **** out of 5. Its hard to argue with $40!
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

jon burrows
Approved Member

Post by jon burrows »

my apologies if this is a dumb question, would I have to use their receivers for other cars or can I use my old futaba & airtronics? I gues. This would be any controller in general. I've been out of the hobby a long time so...sorry.
But what a deal for 35 bucks!

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

For any newer radio, you can bind multiple receivers to one radio. In addition, each car can have its own settings for steering and throttle trims etc placed into memory. This is the big advantage of new tech over old. Hope that helps!
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

jon burrows
Approved Member

Post by jon burrows »

Gotcha. Thx

jayman24
Approved Member

Post by jayman24 »

I got mine about a week ago. It came to me for $44 shipped. For what the transmitter is, I cant complain.
The only thing is the receivers are out of stock right now. :evil:
The only thing I don't like about it is the steering wheel is rubber, I like the foam. I think I'm going to see if I can swap the one off of my losi specktrum transmitter.

jon burrows
Approved Member

Post by jon burrows »

They make replacement wheels for most transmitters, I don't know which may fit. Check it out...
http://www.integy.com/st_main.html?p_catid=135#.T3pjPrd5mc0

jayman24
Approved Member

Post by jayman24 »

jon burrows wrote:They make replacement wheels for most transmitters, I don't know which may fit. Check it out...
http://www.integy.com/st_main.html?p_catid=135#.T3pjPrd5mc0
Yup, gonna have to buy one now! Thanks!!

jon burrows
Approved Member

Post by jon burrows »

This place is the devil! :lol: