It was one of those days......

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mamba max1
Approved Member

It was one of those days......

Post by mamba max1 »

Well, yesterday sucked big time. I drove my moped to college and it died entering the parking lot. I was low on gas, so I figured I just ran out. After I put a little gas in, I began my drive home (6 miles). After 3 miles, it died again! By now, I am getting quite aggravated. I pushed it over to the gas station (lucky me) and called the shop that works on my moped. Two hours later, I had changed the transmission fluid and flushed out the reserve tank....it fired right up. Obviously I felt a lot better. That is until it died AGAIN going down my drive way. Now I can't get it to start. :evil: Because I spent so much time trying to get it to work, I stayed up til 3am finishing my homework.

To make matters worse.....I wanted to paint the wing for my TRX-1. All I wanted was solid black. I thought I could whip it out in 5 minutes. I needed something to make me feel better. Well, an hour later I (thought) I ruined 2 wings...the paint just bubbled and looked horrible. By then that was just the cherry on top and was furious.

Well, this morning I decided to see if I resurrect one of the wings (since they are not made anymore). I started sanding the paint off and notice something peculiar. I see plastic peeling and I think WTH. Come to realize, I never peeled off the protective plastic that was on the side that would be painted. :lol: As of 10 minutes ago, the wing looks great with no bubbles. :roll:

I'm just glad the day is over. :roll:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: It was one of those days......

Post by Coelacanth »

I thought mopeds could be pedalled with human leg-power? :lol:

As far as the plastic film goes, it's usually applied to the surface that's *not* painted, because it's intended to prevent overspray from getting on the unpainted side. Just saying so in case you have things backward. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

mamba max1
Approved Member

Post by mamba max1 »

Coelacanth wrote:I thought mopeds could be pedalled with human leg-power? :lol:

As far as the plastic film goes, it's usually applied to the surface that's *not* painted, because it's intended to prevent overspray from getting on the unpainted side. Just saying so in case you have things backward. :)

My moped doesn't have any pedals. :)

The film was indeed on the side that is supposed to be painted. It is not on the side that is not supposed to be painted. Kinda weird.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Coelacanth wrote:I thought mopeds could be pedalled with human leg-power? :lol:

Must be a scooter. Not to be picky but the "mo" is for motor and "ped" is for pedal.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

mamba max1
Approved Member

Post by mamba max1 »

It is a moped. I just have the kick start option instead of the pedal. :)

Update: Looks like I may have a clogged exhaust. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow. At least it is nothing serious. :mrgreen:

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Technically If you can't pedal it like a bike than its considered a scooter. For a period back when I was 16 I had a black Suzuki FA50. 8)

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

At least you didn't get irate and throw them and stomp on em before you found out about the film! :D

mamba max1
Approved Member

Post by mamba max1 »

Brandon G wrote:At least you didn't get irate and throw them and stomp on em before you found out about the film! :D

LOL, I had already thrown them in the trash in disgust. I decided a few hours later to dig them back up. :lol:

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

mamba max1 wrote: Well, this morning I decided to see if I resurrect one of the wings (since they are not made anymore). I started sanding the paint off and notice something peculiar. I see plastic peeling and I think WTH. Come to realize, I never peeled off the protective plastic that was on the side that would be painted. :lol: As of 10 minutes ago, the wing looks great with no bubbles.
I had the same issue with a repro JRX2 wing, when it was molded the Lexan was put in with the wrong side up, I was lucky and caught it before painting. I doubt the person who did it even knows that this was done incorrectly. :wink:

This is all very interesting!

mamba max1
Approved Member

Post by mamba max1 »

I figured that is what happened. Already pretty upset about my moped, this was just the icing on the cake! :lol: But now the wing is perfect and decaled. :mrgreen:

I have some caustic acid in my exhaust getting rid of the carbon as we speak. Later on today after classes it should be all good. :)

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

There has been more than one occasion where I was painting a body for myself or someone else and put a decal on because I wanted a stripe or something to line up in a certain way with that particular decal, without remembering that the film needed to be removed... :oops: Getting a decal cleanly off of body film may be the toughest act in this entire hobby... :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken