Vintage Ads: RCPS Mirage Body

The place for digital versions of specific articles and ads.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Vintage Ads: RCPS Mirage Body

Post by Eau Rouge »

To me, the quintessential RC10 aftermarket body, and the single item I'd like to find the most in new condition. I had my sights on one last year on eBay and fell asleep at the wheel and missed it. I'm still kicking myself. If another one pops up, stay back—I'm ready to go big. ;)

This company sold their body line eventually to Premier Industries, who eventually became Twister bodies (same as the motors). Sometimes they can be found under the different brand names, but it is always called the Mirage.

RC10WORLD
Approved Member

Post by RC10WORLD »

Hey,

Do you know more about the company that is supposed to own the mirage body mould?

Thanx buddy. 8)

coxy-ben
Approved Member

Post by coxy-ben »

it's very very difficult to find a mirage body.....

nothing on ebay.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

The last Mirage body I saw on eBay was over a year ago, and I missed it. I have only seen that one in the 2 or 3 years I have been looking for it. It sold for a measly $16, IIRC.

As far as I know, it was last packaged and sold by Twister, which has LONG been out of business. Before that, Twister bodies were all Premier Designs, which is again, out of business since the early 90s. There are a few dirt oval bodies from them I'd love to have a pipeline for, myself. I have 2 in the bags in the shop, but I'm scared to do anything with them, because they might be the last ones on the planet. ;)

If anyone knows Mike Walker (Twister Motors) or knows what happened to the body molds, I'd love to get my hands on a few.

doug

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

the mirage bodies were made by a little company based in Cliff Lett (not sure of the spelling), I also think they were included with the World's kit n°6037, that's all I know...

SkidRowe
Approved Member

Post by SkidRowe »

The RCPS Turbo Mirage was Original with the RC10 World's Car

I tried to upload some pics - but my pics are too large - will Try again tomorrow!

Note the rectangular bump on the left side of the body, and the hood and roof have a depression in the center. The RC10B2 body is very similar but not the same!

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

The Hot Bodies Stealth Fighter #10302 is very similar to the Turbo Mirage of the Worlds car. It's slightly narrower and it has a scoop on each side. I picked a pair of them up on ebay for about $15 early this spring. There was a guy selling some dead stock off. If you can find some, they're nice bodies and look like the Turbo Mirage's twin.

coxy-ben
Approved Member

Post by coxy-ben »

MelvinsArmy wrote:The Hot Bodies Stealth Fighter #10302 is very similar to the Turbo Mirage of the Worlds car. It's slightly narrower and it has a scoop on each side. I picked a pair of them up on ebay for about $15 early this spring. There was a guy selling some dead stock off. If you can find some, they're nice bodies and look like the Turbo Mirage's twin.
some pics ???? :?:

thanks !

Benoit

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Here's one of the Worlds car I just sold. Kind of a bad pic. The body is up high in the back, I didn't have the clip on and it wanted to sit like that. The window shape is slightly different. A few small differences, but overall a very similar body to the Turbo Mirage.

joeyskates
Approved Member

Re: Vintage Ads: RCPS Mirage Body

Post by joeyskates »

Does anyone know the actual part number of the RCPS Mirage Body?