Milled Chassis?

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

hardenedways
Approved Member

Milled Chassis?

Post by hardenedways »

Which RC10 came with a milled chassis?
Were there any differences between the milled and non-milled cars otherwise??

I've been looking for a decent Worlds buggy for a long time but they're getting scarce. I'm not really looking for a milled chassis. Just curious.
But if I find one for cheap... :lol:

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Milled chassis plus more info.

Post by templeofspeed »

The milled chassis was used on the Worlds car.

There is also a letter is stamped just under the motor location:

A = ORIGINAL: six-gear trans (no holes for stealth). Gold only
B = Stealth CE: has COUNTERSUNK holes for both transmissions. Gold or black.
C = Six-gear holes present but not countersunk. Gold or black

7001 Trucks came with the "B"
The powdercoated chassis were "B"
The milled chassis was a "C"

I made (through normal evolution) a #7011 10T into a "Worlds" truck. (I know, they don't race trucks at the Worlds)
Bought new just at the time the T2 came out, it has all the T2 suspension, black plastic everything (except for the lower shock eyes, which were still white...). I raced it locally and it eventually got upgraded to "Worlds" specs with:

Milled chassis
Worlds battery brace
CF tranny brace
RPM 2.65 tranny
Hard anodized shocks

Really it's not that modified and using the current chassis hasn't ever been "bashed". Just normal race wear. :D

I'll get some pics of it posted here soon, along with my in progress green chassis 7001 truck.

While I'm awaiting approval for the BST section I am looking for some white plastic stuff for a GT... that seems to be the hardest things to find... :x

Glad you guys started this board!

-geoff

[/b]

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

the worlds car came with the milled chassis, last alum tubbed buggy associated made.

melvins got a pic of one in the for sale thread.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Someone is selling a dismantled one on eBay right now. Seems like a strange thing to do to a Worlds car... :? :shock:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

apexspeed wrote:Someone is selling a dismantled one on eBay right now. Seems like a strange thing to do to a Worlds car... :? :shock:
you see alot of peeps parting out in the attempt to get more money, but in the case of a worlds car i think the sum of the whole is definitely worth more than the parts.

oh well, i've been needing some worlds tires and wheels.

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

Re: Milled chassis plus more info.

Post by liquorboxracing »

templeofspeed wrote:The milled chassis was used on the Worlds car.

There is also a letter is stamped just under the motor location:

A = ORIGINAL: six-gear trans (no holes for stealth). Gold only
B = Stealth CE: has COUNTERSUNK holes for both transmissions. Gold or black.
C = Six-gear holes present but not countersunk. Gold or black

[/b]
I have a gold chassis stamped with an A that is drilled and counter sunk holes for both tranny's. ( On a CE Version. ) I wander when they actually changed the letter stamp on the chassis? I'll try and get a pic of it and post on here. I often wandered about the chassis markings. I have always wandered about my Graphite edition cars as well. My Team car graphite came with the rear gold chassis to motor brace, but my original Graphite car did not. All litterature I have on them only shows the gaurd in a suppliment for the Team car. Does anyone know if the first 6 gear graphite version had the rear brace? ( the chassis is drilled for it! )

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

> I have a gold chassis stamped with an A that is drilled and counter sunk holes for both tranny's. ( On a CE Version. )

Are you sure it wasn't "stealthed" (with the drill template)? I suppose there could have been some "last of the" 6-gear CE's (6010?) with updated "A" chassis. Gotta love AE!

"Use 'em up, boys!"

-geoff

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i got a graphite chassis with an associated logo on it. :wink: :lol:

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

templeofspeed wrote:>

Are you sure it wasn't "stealthed" (with the drill template)? I suppose there could have been some "last of the" 6-gear CE's (6010?) with updated "A" chassis. Gotta love AE!
Well when I first read this post I had to go look to see, but Mine is anodized in the counter sunk holes. It's weard! I always thought they were stamped in that manor as well. But this one is drilled and counter sunk for both! and yes it is 6010 kit as well. All bushing. So I'll bet that it was just using up old stock. The chassis is bowed, big time. It's a shame to because it only has a few scratches in it. I am going to try and straighten it but it may be a lost cause. Let me get a pic of it and post it.

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

liquorboxracing wrote:
Well when I first read this post I had to go look to see, but Mine is anodized in the counter sunk holes. It's weard! I always thought they were stamped in that manor as well. But this one is drilled and counter sunk for both! and yes it is 6010 kit as well. All bushing. So I'll bet that it was just using up old stock. The chassis is bowed, big time. It's a shame to because it only has a few scratches in it. I am going to try and straighten it but it may be a lost cause. Let me get a pic of it and post it.
I was digging through one of my junk boxes and also found a gold "A" that's drilled for both trannies. It's really bowed, too. :roll: I think there is a difference in the front battery cup holes between "A" & "B", but don't have a "B" to hand right now to look at. Pics maybe tomorrow. :oops:

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but it was the exact thread I was going to start. Better to post in the current one.

I have a milled chassis laying in a box some place that I stripped the black anodizing off of and started to polish.

I didn't know the story why it came milled but I knew it was done from Associated.

So my question is... Are the milled chassis's uncommon and are they worth something?

I was thinking of finishing a project I started some odd years ago and was going to see if I could send the chassis out someplace to finish having polished.

FlyinGN
Approved Member

Post by FlyinGN »

my car is also a A pan drilled for the stealth trans. I looked real close figured someone drilled it themselves for a stealth but it sure looks like factory countersunk holes...

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

My CE is drilled and countersunk for both trannies, it has an A stamped in it with a B stamped right on top of the A. The B isn't stamped as boldly as the A, it is only visible from the top of the chassis.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

By milled I mean it has the big letter H milled out of it and two milled lines on either side of that.

From reading some posts on here I think it was called a World's chassis?