new jewel

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

eagle racing

new jewel

Post by eagle racing »

so ive mainly owned traxxas cars and trucks and have just broadened my collection and have aquired a black pan rc10.. my question is how do you tell if its a truck or buggy? the guy i got it from said its a rc10t. however i am completly dumb to these little guys however (pureists im sorry!) i have found that with a velineon VXL3 motor and esc combo with a 30c 2s lipo it absolutley flies!!!!! it someone could shed some light on this id greatly appreciate it. Also and i correct that alot of people are turning these into modifieds and latemodels??

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: new jewel

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Post some pics, or look at other members pics to determine what you have-

eagle racing

Post by eagle racing »

pics posted

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

thats a rc10t, team version IIRC. those are not the factory body posts though.

it's got rpm a-arms and titainum tierods. nice truck. i'd get some new body mounts and get a stadium truck body on it.

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

The rear body post is the original front post(post Only) once ya take that off and put on front..then you cantake the tip of a old post to replace it...if ya go to a stock body.....Nice Truck!!!! JohnnySr

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

i like the body on the truck if you change at least keep the body and you shouldnt have to upgrade much looks good...

eagle racing

Post by eagle racing »

thanx to all of you! and thanx for the compliments! i will change it around lol after i get some new parts lol i had an oopsie today and broke the "steering" knuckle? lol (where the steering rod connects) and am thinkin maybe some aluminum ones would be slick i jus gotta find em!!! as for the "arms" are the truck rpm arms the same as the rpm buggy arms?

oldskoolracer
Approved Member

Post by oldskoolracer »

well, aluminum bits are nice looking, but in my experience with nitro cars - they just make other larger, more expensive things break instead. I'd keep the arms and ball joints plastic - they break they're only a few $$. Meanwhile, I'd practice not running into stuff. (No insult intended - just sayin'.) :D
If I couldn't work on it, I wouldn't drive it.

eagle racing

Post by eagle racing »

lol i hear ya but believe it or not i think it was just age, because all i did was turn real sharp and kapowie lol or could i have the "servo saver" thumbscrew too tight?? well until i get some new ones its down. and besides its awaiting a castle sidewinder esc for the velineon, i hear the ccs puts down more to the velineon than the VXL3 so upgrade upgrade upgrade lol and if its the same or slower then im puttin a new hobbywing ez run 8.5t with a 60amp esc and fan thatll get it goin lol

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I like your creative use of Traxxas Spur gears on the AE tranny...

If you want more speed (the VXL is crazy already), put a 3S lipo in there....then OMG, watch it fly.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

eagle racing

Post by eagle racing »

thanx JK lol its what i had layin around haha i have tried a 3s and lemme tell ya its uncontrollable fast lol i have now changed to a castle sidewinder with the velineon motor with a 30tooth lol and wow what a difference bein able to program is!!! i think im actually gonna try to make a go at runnin it at the local track and see how it goes.. im gonna throw up some more pics here soon hopefully and yes in STILL runnin the traxxas "change" haha hey it works what can i say!! hopefully the purists dont hate me for it but i just get bored! lol thanx again for the props guys!!

dualstroke

Post by dualstroke »

Nice looking truck.I bet it flies on 2s,nevermind 3s.lol Looks sweet.

eagle racing

Post by eagle racing »

I hope i dont get in trouble for this but i dont have acces to the fs/ft area and i would rather this go to someone who respects these r/c's.. im gaugeing interest/ lookin to sell this truck, i hate to but i have just been put in a pinch and reallly need to take care of it!! so pm me if interested!! And if im gettin myself in trouble in here by doing this im sorry but i refuse to put it on craigslist for some goober to get it and destroy it!!! thanx

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

eagle racing wrote:I hope i dont get in trouble for this but i dont have acces to the fs/ft area and i would rather this go to someone who respects these r/c's.. im gaugeing interest/ lookin to sell this truck, i hate to but i have just been put in a pinch and reallly need to take care of it!! so pm me if interested!! And if im gettin myself in trouble in here by doing this im sorry but i refuse to put it on craigslist for some goober to get it and destroy it!!! thanx

if you get the cash you want from the goober,
isnt that what you want ,"cash 4 truck"

i say sell it to the goobers or send it to me and ill send you a cheque

eagle racing

Post by eagle racing »

well i guess im carryin on with the creation of this truck only god knows what its gonna be lol