MRHEMI's 10T Project

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

MRHEMI's 10T Project

Post by mrhemi1971 »

I decided this past weekend to take the old girl out of the garage (for a decade or so...) and give her a bath, and show some love.
These pictures are after the cleaning up and reassembly. I just put a couple of screws where the RPM bearing steering rack was, and didnt put the steering links on either. This is the truck I'm going to retire the right way, as she won me quite a few races and sponsors along my racing career. I'd like to get new white arms and mounts for the rear, new arms for the front, and a new white bumper. One member here gave me a great deal on narrow front tires too, so she'll look cool in the case with new shoes too! If I can source a new nose plate and pan she'll be perfect, but if not, I may just get it stripped and reanodized. I'll take all the white parts and do the peroxide boogie when I have it all together. Stay tuned!!
Attachments
Here it is!
Here it is!
Close nose shot
Close nose shot
Trans side
Trans side
Right side
Right side
Rear shot
Rear shot
Front shot showing worn bumper
Front shot showing worn bumper
underside
underside
Underside of rear
Underside of rear
Underside of rear
Underside of rear
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

budhatrain
Approved Member

Re: MRHEMI's 10T Project

Post by budhatrain »

all the whites look pretty white to me

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

The pics make them look whiter than they are, They are cream colored now..
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

mrhemi1971 wrote:The pics make them look whiter than they are, They are cream colored now..
I still don't mean to harp on this, but this H2o2 thing has got everyone thinking that AE nylon is or was snow white, it was always a cream or off white except the bellcranks and ball cups and some 2.0 3 piece CE rims and 3 piece 10t rims. I have quite a few NIP parts and or NIB kits that have never seen the light of day or been exposed to any serious UV light, and they are natural nylon color, and the earliest light gold Edinger kits were even darker right from the box.

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

The flash definitely made them look lighter. I have a NIP rear bulkhead that I compare them too. I know they'll not be snow white, but a lighter color than what they are now. Once I find the other parts I'll try to make them an even shade.
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

Does anybody have any of the white ballcups? I know RPM makes the big ones, But who's got originals? I needs a set!
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
mrhemi1971 wrote:The pics make them look whiter than they are, They are cream colored now..
I still don't mean to harp on this, but this H2o2 thing has got everyone thinking that AE nylon is or was snow white, it was always a cream or off white except the bellcranks and ball cups and some 2.0 3 piece CE rims and 3 piece 10t rims. I have quite a few NIP parts and or NIB kits that have never seen the light of day or been exposed to any serious UV light, and they are natural nylon color, and the earliest light gold Edinger kits were even darker right from the box.
I think this should get moved or at least copied to the peroxide thread. :) Pretty soon the hard to find parts will be the ones that aren't TOO white. That being said, do you think the over-whitened nylon will eventually darken again from exposure?
Gary

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

Dont move this post! Please, I dont want a whitening thread here, I just want the white parts, regardless of how white they are.
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

mrhemi1971 wrote:Dont move this post! Please, I dont want a whitening thread here, I just want the white parts, regardless of how white they are.
I think you misunderstood. I'm not suggesting the thread get moved - only the specific comments made about too white parts.
Gary

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

Gotcha! :wink:
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

Got a possible trade deal working for some arms, mounts, and a bumper for the old girl! WOO HOO!! Still would like to get a set of the white ballcups and I have to get a new body too. One thing I never changed, but I just might, is a set of blue turnbuckles. The pictures dont show it, but the originals have some surfacy rust on them. What do you guys think?
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

A sued wire brush and and a rub down with some light machine oil

Paul

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

RedScampi wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote:
I think this should get moved or at least copied to the peroxide thread. :) Pretty soon the hard to find parts will be the ones that aren't TOO white. That being said, do you think the over-whitened nylon will eventually darken again from exposure?
I'll just re-post my tecnical jargon on that thread :wink:

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

Narrow wheels/tires came in today! BRAND NEW!!! Also got a nicer pan than the one I have, would like to strip the black anno, and get it redone. Also need to get a 10T body. Still in search of white front arms, and white rear arms and mounts.
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

mrhemi1971 wrote:Narrow wheels/tires came in today! BRAND NEW!!! Also got a nicer pan than the one I have, would like to strip the black anno, and get it redone. Also need to get a 10T body. Still in search of white front arms, and white rear arms and mounts.
What are you thinking of using to strip the pan? Im taking a used black pan to work tomorrow and trying a little blasting on it, not sure how it will turn out but i guess ill see lol.