some questions that need answers , Rc10 Gold Pans

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

matthew john
Banned Member

some questions that need answers , Rc10 Gold Pans

Post by matthew john »

okay i have a few questions. the edinger and caddilac gold pans have a few different parts.
the caddilac gold pans came in boxes that had the caddilac address, some still came in edinger boxes, but is the picture on the box the same? also the edinger cars had shock cups in the rear that cupped around the shock springs, how come the boxes dont show them kind of shock cups? also another thing i noticed is , i have a manual for a rc10 gold pan with the caddilac address printed on it, but in the manual, it shows pics with the shock cups you would find on a edinger car.
so when they changed addresses, and parts, did the just keep on using the same manual , even after switching parts?
i know its no big deal, the parts being switched out is no rocket science, but as reading my manual, i noticed the shock cups are different. also the shocks that you see on the car on the box, they are a silver color. are these shock bodies that havent been anodized, or been stripped? in the rc10 winning edge video on you tube that livesteamad posted, they was talking about if you run your battery pack side ways, they recomend using the silver shocks rather than the gold ones, well did the kit ever come with the silver ones ? also on the box it shows the car with the rear sway bar. in the manual there is nothing printed for making a rear sway bar. also in the caddilac manual, it shows the car with good year tires. i thought it was the edinger cars that had the good years along with the differnt style shock cups, fiberglass battery strap ect. ?
also the body that goes on "A " stamped tubs, it is supposed to be the Protech 6160 body rite? which cars came with the Viper body, and then which ones came with the turbo mirage? was it B and C stamp gold pans that came with the Viper bodies? also for yellow nylon on the goldpans, can they be died black even after they are yellowed up?
does any one have a part for the proline front bumper , and the proline front waffel tires that you see on the rc10 "A" stamp (edinger and cadillac goldpans) ?? are the tires and bumper still available along with the dust cover and wings?
also is there replacment tires that would fit on the jelly bean rims, and replacment parts for the gear transmissions?
also for the gear transmissions, can you run a brushless system with it , with out hurting it, or would it be best to run a gold pan with a stealth trans?

i know i got a bad name here, but i cant find answers on any other forums.plz steering me in the rite direction on these questions if youre willing. id appreciate guys.

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Re: some questions that need answers , Rc10 Gold Pans

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Post Re: RC10 Newbie
For me by far the easiest and most successful way I have found to search the forum is to use Google's advanced search option as shown below.
Attachment:
http://www.rc10talk.com/download/file.php?id=20511&mode=view

Enter http://www.rc10talk.com in the "Search within a site or domain:" box and away you go.

Welcome to the board :wink:

PS why is my view format so stuffed up on this thread :?

My Gallery