Just got hit on by a Cougar

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RedScampi
Approved Member

Just got hit on by a Cougar

Post by RedScampi »

...and I accepted her proposal! :mrgreen: Huge impulse buy, I'd always wanted one of these and the price seemed fair to me considering all that comes with the car. I don't know anything about Schumachers but I always wanted one. Do you think my wife will throw me out of the house for bringing a cougar home with me? :twisted:

Here's the listing for the rest of the pictures: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150371269127&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Can anyone tell me what I got here?
Attachments
!BZ8n+QwCGk~$(KGrHgoOKikEjlLmcfMhBKpIjZBbbw~~_3.jpg
Gary

RedScampi
Approved Member

Re: Just got hit on by a Cougar

Post by RedScampi »

Dumped this in the wrong section too. Can one of the mods move it for me?
Gary

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Well done, thats one of my old cars, you must have bought that from my old friend Chad ( chiprandall). This cars went back and forth twice between Australia and America....LOL
I have a heap of spares for these should you need something :mrgreen:
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Good to know! It looks like a quality car and if it's anywhere near the description I think I'm going to love it! I think it's kind of amusing that most of the cars we see seem to have belonged to one of the board members at one time or another. They just seem to circulate around with the occasional injection of a car that has been stored away for 15 or twenty years being sold, freshened up and put into the mill. Thanks for the offer on spares. After I get the car I'll evaluate what it looks like and possibly contact you for some replacements. I have to explain this purchase to my wife now so I may be in the dog house by the end of the day...
Gary

geeforce59
Approved Member

Post by geeforce59 »

That's a nice catch you got there buddy! The funny thing there is we use to worry what our wife will say or comment on the stuffs that we got and if they are not convince! we are in deep trouble....we end up camping in the backyard or like you say in the dog house with our poor little precious toy :lol: :mrgreen:

I am planning to get a fireblade or a CAT2000 someday, and i know who to ask! :D :P

vintage racer
Approved Member

Post by vintage racer »

Looks like a 95 team car but the spare body is couger 2000.

RedScampi
Approved Member

It's here!

Post by RedScampi »

I received this much anticipated car yesterday and I must say i am extremely pleased with my purchase! This car is in near perfect condition with just a few minor issues. The car came with a very nice body painted somewhere around 2006 by our friend Bormac. It does not look like it's ever been run and I think it will polish up quite well. The second body which i have been told is a cougar 2000 body has seen better days. I will probably make an attempt to save it since it's the only one I have. both bodies have undertrays and the orange one had protective film on it so it's in nice shape, less a lot of sticky residue from the tape. Anyone know the best way to dissolve it? I think i'll repaint the undertray to a less garish color. The car itself is very nice and shows little wear. It came with a TON of tires and wheels, all very usable, including a full set of stock three spoke rims and a NIP pair of stock (I think) front tires. The rest of the spares are as pictured below. A great pile of cool stuff! I love my new Schuey! On to the pictures! :mrgreen:
Attachments
P1030981 (Large).JPG
P1030978 (Large).JPG
P1030977 (Large).JPG
P1030975 (Large).JPG
P1030973 (Large).JPG
P1030972 (Large).JPG
P1030969 (Large).JPG
P1030968 (Large).JPG
P1030966 (Large).JPG
P1030958 (Large).JPG
Gary

phoenix
Approved Member

Post by phoenix »

Very nice cougar you got ! If you are looking for a CF topdeck to go with the chassis i might still have one from comcom. PM me if interested.

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I meant to add a shot of all the goodies! :)
Attachments
P1030983 (Large).JPG
Gary

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Looks like a good buy, Bormac's certainly does a nice job on his shells :D .... its funny how you guys (in the US) Seem to revere the old Schumachers. Back in the day it was the RC10 & Losis that were the un-obtainable exotics that we desired, Schumachers were much more common - helped I guess by better spares availability, being locally manufactured.

However by the time the Cougar 2000 was released - I think the model shops were better equipped to provide back up for the American cars & the B2 & Losi XX reigned supreme - these cars did not necessarily handle better - but were much easier to set-up (the Losi especially) Indeed I used to race at a track literally round the corner from the Schumacher factory yet most of the 2wd cars were non-Schumys.

Its strange looking at your Cougar RedScampi, as it looks so similar to the Fireblade Evo that I raced when I was a team driver..... its like that despite the whole development through various editions of Cougars & Fireblades with laydown Vs upright shocks, gearboxes that were either layed flat or rotated to minimise overhang.... with the Evo they ended up back at the beginning :?

Heres some scanned images of my old Fireblade on T.C
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=89639&sid=28990

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

That is one muddy RC! :shock: how did you clean it up - with a fire hose? I guess I owe a few update pics - I'll try to get them up here this afternoon.
Yeah, old Schumacher cars seem to be as rare as hens teeth here in the states. I'm no expert but just perusing E-bay gives you an idea. It's about 50:1 with RC10 stuff.
Gary

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Ha ha! Yeah over here our outdoor tracks are mostly laid out onto grass, so when it rains (which is quite often :roll: ) The cars churn up the grass & end up as a muddy wet mess. When I was racing most weekends I would spend much of the following week, stripping & scrubbing every part clean with an old toothbrush & washing up liquid..... just in time to get it all muddy again on race day :cry:

Look forward to seeing some updated pics.... are you intending on running the old beast or is it going to be a 'shelfer'?

EDIT; just noticed that your C2K has the SACS front end set-up(Schumacher Active Caster System)

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Yes, it does have the SACS and I got another one NIB along with the car. :) As far as running it goes... time will tell but this is my one and only Schumacher and it's extremely clean. Since prices are so outrageous it may stay my only one forthe forseeable future so right now it's a shelfer.
Gary

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I have made a very few changes to the car since I got it. It really didn't need much. I spent a long time cleaning the gunk off the bottom of the undertray with goo gone. I didn't want to risk Super Clean or Nitro, having had some issues with both of those in the past. I re-sprayed the inside of it with a similar color to take care of the few dings. I still need to do something with the holes in the front. I cleaned up the electronics trays but they still looked a bit grim so I sprayed them black. They really look good now! I soaked some stock type wheels in acetone to remove the tires and I replaced them with Schumacher Minispikes in the rear and the NIP Schumacher Cat studs in the front. I like this look better than the plain dish wheels. I will probably replace the rears for shelf duty since they are a bit worn. I removed the large Team Novak stickers from either side of the body since they were a bit frayed, then I polished the body with PlastX. Haven't got to the wing but I expect I will paint it in a complimentary scheme. I still want to mask the inside of the body and back it properly with an even color. I also took all the decals off the spare Cougar 2000 body and scrubbed the bejezus out of it, then hit it with the plastic polish. I think with a couple of small patches, the right stickers and some judicious trimming it will be servicable still. Now I just need the car to put under it! Here's the pics:
Edit: One other detail - I added a bit of gold pinstriping to sharpen the edges and add some bling. :)
Attachments
P1040107 (Large).JPG
P1040109 (Large).JPG
P1040110 (Large).JPG
P1040111 (Large).JPG
P1040112 (Large).JPG
P1030987 (Large).JPG
Gary

geeforce59
Approved Member

Post by geeforce59 »

That's looking very nice! Keep it simple! that's what vintage made for! :mrgreen: :wink: