I have almost no desire to run an R/C Car!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I have almost no desire to run an R/C Car!

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

There, I said it. I'm sorry, but I feel better. I think about them 24/7, would own every model, but don't like running them much. I try to get out once a week just out of guilt for the money I've spent, but would be content just to stare at them all day. Even when I was young I enjoyed fixing my friend's and customer's better than running my own. What's even weirder is that I like to have mine in perfect running condition with top gear or I feel like something is missing in them. I keep mine in the house and stop to gawk at them everyday(and yes, my nipples get hard), but I have no desire to drive one! They are more like models to me and yet I hate models! I use the excuse that I don't have time, but if I really wanted I would have time. Am I alone here? Dr. Phil, if you're secretly a member here, HELP! Seriously, am I alone here?
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

scr8p
Administrator

Re: I have almost no desire to run an R/C Car!

Post by scr8p »

i hardly ever charge a battery up to just go outside and rip around. if i'm not at an actual race, they don't get used.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I have to admit, I don't run mine too often either. The last time I recall running them was on a camping trip last August. I don't particularly enjoy wrenching, and running by myself sucks, and I don't have the funds to really do anything with them mod-wise, so they sit. I've actually given serious thought to selling off everything, but can't quite bring myself to do that either, particularly with the HiLux.

It sure is fun talking about them and playing with all my online friends though. 8)
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I enjoy the heck out of running all my cars, I'm a racer so I rarely just run my cars on the street or go bashing. But when there's a race coming up I get all giddy and can't sleep the night before. If you don't like wrenching, don't get an 1/8th scale :lol: , these rc10's are nothing to work on.

I could never have a car that wasn't meant to go run, to me that's the same thing as building a kickass show car and putting it on a trailer. Back when I did have my show truck if it couldn't be driven to a show then I didn't want to go.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

Why hasn't mrlexan posted yet? :lol:

I'm always ready to drive something, on a track or not. Not having to wait to charge batteries helps a lot with the ability to just run for a while. Between the lipos that can be charged whenever and left standing at full, and the Baja which is always ready to go, I usually tear up some grass a couple times per week.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

aconsola wrote:Why hasn't mrlexan posted yet? :lol:
Always the comedian :x :P

You all know where I stand, at least most do.... so I don't have to post.

Just to get a good laugh from running the dogs around the pavement is all I am good for. One crys and one barks as they chase through a charged pack.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Don't own a battery, a charger or any functioning radio gear... :|

HotRodJosh
Approved Member

Post by HotRodJosh »

It's just a model car if it isn't ran....
R/C= radio control..... :lol:
I run 'em.......hard......
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription.....is more cowbell."
Pinstriping by Josh

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Where I live there really isn't a lot of good areas to run my r/c's. Very densely populated and lots of traffic. I would love to run mine more often. There is a huge park about a mile away though, and I've been trying to think of something to rig up to the back of my bike, like a milk crate or something to throw one in so I could go run a few packs off on Sunday mornings over there. I've only done it once so far, but if I had a reliable way to get them back and forth on the back of the bike, I'd run mine a lot more often.

Hey, look at the bright side. The world needs just as many Austin Coils as it does John Forces. 8)

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

You probably suffer from the same syndrome as I do, I like the wrenching, love the racing, I hate the running them by myself on the street.

Once I started racing, I lost all interest in just running them on the street or backyard, and the only times I do run them on the street, is to test it out when I've done changes to them.

I actually bought my house with the Idea of building an R/C track in the back yard, and hopefully that dream will come to frutition this summer.

I can always race my wife and my older daughter, then have my youngest daughter marshall for all three of us.... :lol: :lol:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

mauromj

Post by mauromj »

Wish I could bash more, just been racing for me.

robsdak

Post by robsdak »

I would have to say, that when I first started, I loved to run them till I had my fill (1-2hrs a day). Now the novelty has worn off and no one to race with, so I enjoy wrenching on them. You know, new Aluminum parts. I think it would have more interest in them if there where more people around me.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

tecnica2001 wrote:You probably suffer from the same syndrome as I do, I like the wrenching, love the racing, I hate the running them by myself on the street.

Once I started racing, I lost all interest in just running them on the street or backyard, and the only times I do run them on the street, is to test it out when I've done changes to them.

I actually bought my house with the Idea of building an R/C track in the back yard, and hopefully that dream will come to frutition this summer.

I can always race my wife and my older daughter, then have my youngest daughter marshall for all three of us.... :lol: :lol:
Hey, any marshall is better than none! :lol: My plan was to build a track here, but it hasn't happened yet. I have about 1 1/4 acres and my original plan was to build a track, but landscape every part that wasn't "actual track" Mr. Miyagi style(any Karate Kid fans? Classic 80's!). There are also countless acres of woods owned by the state around my house which I don't see them ever doing anything with. I am perfectly content to just spend whatever little time I have bashing around the natural landscape. It's fun, but not nearly as fun as bringing a car back from the grave. There is a 10 acre lake less than 250 ft from my backdoor and I have never owned an r/c boat! :shock: Can you even work on a boat? You can tune a nitro I guess, but that's no fun. :(
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken