Worlds biggest Vintage-meeting!

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mrlexan
Approved Member

Re: Worlds biggest Vintage-meeting!

Post by mrlexan »

If I can work out the dates with my wife, I am there....... NO Anthony, I won't be running anything. :D
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

2 full days of practice? :?

i know tad needs all the track time he can get, but isn't that a bit much? or is it because of some people not getting there until saturday?

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

I would think that like the vintage BMX meetings in Rockford every year, that this will be MOSTLY display and Concours and very little racing being done. Two full days of practice might be more than ambitious. ;)

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

mrlexan wrote:If I can work out the dates with my wife, I am there....... NO Anthony, I won't be running anything. :D
you may not be running any of your own models, but I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who would be willing to hand their transmitter over for a few laps. . .

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

mrlexan wrote:If I can work out the dates with my wife, I am there....... NO Anthony, I won't be running anything. :D
Jay!
How can you say that?
I'm sure if you want, you have a car up and running from all the left-overs etc in no time.

You still got plenty time to practise abit also and not running is like a big offense to the guys who can't make it.

Get your shoulders under it, sir!
:lol:
Partly kidding, partly true :wink:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Eau Rouge wrote:I would think that like the vintage BMX meetings in Rockford every year, that this will be MOSTLY display and Concours and very little racing being done.
if i'm gonna go broke to make it to this event, there better be a lot more racing than very little. :lol: :lol:

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

I would've loved to keep it to period tires but as we all know they're hard to come by... so who would want to run them down. I just couldn't bare to see a shiny new set of TQ's get all dirty so I was thinking open tires.

I'm in total agreement with Doug about the BL/Lipo deal. In all honesty the 17.5 motors aren't insanely faster so its not a matter of speed as much as lowering the maintenance time so people can enjoy themselves rather then spend the day cutting arms. Again this isn't really about racing.

Like I said before too... you can run old electronics if you insist and yes i agree it would add to the cool factor but for those of you like me, you'll remember that as collectable as they are now... old ESC's were rather unreliable and prone to letting out their magic smoke... even with yesteryears batteries. I'm always of the Keep It Simple thinking and thats why i left it open to modern radio gear. No one has a good time when their radio is glitching on the starting line with the front wheels twitching left and right.

Finally its not so much two days of practice as much as its I don't expect a lot of people to take friday off to be there and a little track time is fun so thats what saturday is for. If you want to get there early and get your moneys worth, thats what friday is all about. Hanging out and meeting the people you post rather silly pictures about online :)

I'm glad to see so many are really tinking about coming out for it. I hope that in a couple years it will grow to where we can all get together. I'm going to be promoting the race on TamiyaClub as well as have race flyers in a few magazines and at the local tracks so it should be a great turn out!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

from the sounds of it i'd prolly have more fun the practice days, and they would definitely make the trip more worthwhile. i'd maybe get enough time in to finally figure out that reversed left/right thing when the car is coming to me...

:wink:

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

If you want Hoop, i can throw a few piles of rocks out there and you can try to get your 10 over it. :D

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

Erich Reichert wrote:If you want Hoop, i can throw a few piles of rocks out there and you can try to get your 10 over it. :D
that would definitely be more my speed. :wink:

Minicooper 35
Approved Member

Post by Minicooper 35 »

badhoopty wrote:from the sounds of it i'd prolly have more fun the practice days, and they would definitely make the trip more worthwhile
Being a "racer "for many many moons now I can't agree more with that! Often the practice days are a lot more fun (on smaller meetings with open practice and say around 50 drivers) because people are layed back and have fun playing with their cars. But "racing days" can be a lot of fun too especially I think on events like that where it is all about driving and fighting with your pals and not so much about "who pulls the fastest laps" etc.
When thinking of the race meeting Michael and I attended at a couple of weeks ago it was so much fun just to drive your 15+ years old cars around the track. :wink:

Seb
"The things you own, they end up owning you."

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

:cry: This sounds like it will be TONS OF FUN. But with the price of Gasoline these days, I know I wont be able to make it. LOTS of pics will be much appreciated. :cry:

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Tires will depend on the track. My indoor track uses the losi Taper pins. For other outdoor tracks, the holeshots seem to work well.

It would be exciting to create a whole new nostalgia class for those vintage cars, not just the RC10, but tamiya, losi, kyosho and traxxas.

Hmm, how can we get on the ROAR committee for Vintage, or, even create rules for Vintage? How many people are still racing vintage cars, or at least running them?

MOmo

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

MOmo wrote:Tires will depend on the track. My indoor track uses the losi Taper pins. For other outdoor tracks, the holeshots seem to work well.

It would be exciting to create a whole new nostalgia class for those vintage cars, not just the RC10, but tamiya, losi, kyosho and traxxas.

Hmm, how can we get on the ROAR committee for Vintage, or, even create rules for Vintage? How many people are still racing vintage cars, or at least running them?

MOmo
Psst, ROAR has been asking me the same question. I thnk they may want to be part of the race on some level even if just for nostalgia's sake.

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

Minicooper 35 wrote:
badhoopty wrote:from the sounds of it i'd prolly have more fun the practice days, and they would definitely make the trip more worthwhile
Being a "racer "for many many moons now I can't agree more with that!....
Seb
This has me written all over it. I will enjoy the racing but have no intent on finishing, let alone being competitive :lol:
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.