Properly Motivated

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

REMJ666
Approved Member

Re: Properly Motivated

Post by REMJ666 »

Everyone knew when aGrand National pulled up because of the all black styling...When a silver Buick pulled up you didn't give it a second look until the boost built up and it pulled away...The 5.0 mustangs stock sucked also especially if you had an automatic trans...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

REMJ666 wrote:Will the 55 look like this ???? A guy in the area used to own the camera car...I first saw it a couple of yrs ago at a local car show here in the area...A guy in Baltimore owned the race car from American Graffiti for many yrs then sold it to someone in Texas...I luv the 55 and if I had one I would make a clone for sure...
the guy that has the TLB camera car, his name is walt. he still owns it. my 55 won't look like that. there's already enough "two lane blacktop" clones/tributes/inspired by's out there. we even built one 5 or so years ago.
IMG_3276.JPG
now my dad's 55, that is a clone of a 55 my uncle owned from '58-'69.
dads55 -2.jpg
my dad's vette is unrestored......... survivor i guess they'd call it. it did have one repaint (the original color) back in '72-'73 though.
Coelacanth wrote:Hmm...I just learned something new. The only Monte Carlo SS's that got a gas 350 from the factory were those made in Mexico, for Mexico sale only. Those ones had 265 hp and 350 lb-ft. of torque. Who knew you had to go to Mexico to get the whole enchilada? :?
they also came with a 4sp. :wink:

i always planned on converting mine to stick. it just never happened.
REMJ666 wrote:Pontiac made a aero coupe Grand Prix also...I think they are more rare...
those were the '86 2+2. they only made 1,100 or so. all of them were silver. i almost bought one before i bought my monte. but being as though it would be my daily driver at the time, i didn't want to worry about getting hit in it and not being able to get parts.

the '86 monte ss aerocoupe is actually the most rare. they only made 200 (just enough to make them legal for nascar). they were all white with burgundy interiors. they made over 6,000 in '87, none in '88.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Just to bring this back to RC...... motivation is hardly my middle name (check my passport :lol: ), so it's no surprise that I have a 'few' projects on the go. However, this is one project that I've been looking forward to getting going for a while.
Vypers.JPG
Pictured is my two Schumacher Wildcat Vypers - one which is ready to be torn down and bearing'd, and the other of which has already been done and is now mostly rebuilt. I plan to have two of these basically indestructible wheelie vehicles for running wherever... on the beach, on the grass, or up at the local skate park :D

I have a used Vyper body that I put new decals on a few months ago (motivation is not my strong point, remember), and the second one is going to get an as-yet undecided body... keep an eye out, though, as these two should be finished in a few years!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I couldn't resist snapping this timely cellphone pic today on my morning drive to work. Check out the funky stylin' aero roof on this bad-boy SS! :lol:
DuctTapeRoof.jpg
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

If that is the supercharged one it is pretty quick for what it is...The only thing that sucks is it is front wheel drive...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Since moving I've lost a lot of what seemingly little motivation I had to begin with. Along with the fact that for the time being I don't have a "work station" whatsoever. Then to top things off, the money situation is worse than it's ever been. Basically everything that has already been said in this thread. I still browse eBay every day though for the various parts I need to finish some of my ongoing projects.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Lowgear wrote:I still browse eBay every day though for the various parts I need to finish some of my ongoing projects.
It's a big mistake to search eBay when you don't have the money, because that's when all the incredible deals appear. :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Coelacanth wrote:
Lowgear wrote:I still browse eBay every day though for the various parts I need to finish some of my ongoing projects.
It's a big mistake to search eBay when you don't have the money, because that's when all the incredible deals appear. :?
You got it...But some of us like me enjoy punishing ourselves seeing things we can't buy :lol: :lol:

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I'm pretty motivated at the moment because everything is sort of falling into place. When I finish my 1/12 scales it's back to the offroad, which will most likely demotivate me again, which is why I currently turned my focus on the 1/12ths.

+1 on the browsing ebay when you don't have money.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !